• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

iroquois amphitheater carry

flb_78

I agree, It appears to be part of the park system. Call the number and ask them about their policy and under what authority can they claim.

DrakeZ07

They have some good concerts and events coming up at the amphitheater; if anyone would like to meet up with me I'd happily OC there, but I dont really have anyone locally to go with, if its a cheap event, I'd pay for another's admission~ L-Ville and its events scare me when I go and do things alone there, even when OC, so yea!

I'll test their weapons policies gladly if someone accompanies me on my dime :D

ps1mhd

They have some good concerts and events coming up at the amphitheater; if anyone would like to meet up with me I'd happily OC there, but I dont really have anyone locally to go with, if its a cheap event, I'd pay for another's admission~ L-Ville and its events scare me when I go and do things alone there, even when OC, so yea!

I'll test their weapons policies gladly if someone accompanies me on my dime :D

Let me know some dates and I'll see if I am off.

Mike

DrakeZ07

I am sorry to spoil your fun, but I spoke with some people at Lou. Metro Parks today and they said the page would be removed or edited to remove the reference to firearms. You can still go the amphitheater and OC. I'd love to go to the Brazilian music concert.

Awwww! there goes most of the fun!

But hey, GS, wanna go to the brazilian music stuff with me? I'll get a spray-on tan, and put on some frilly clothes and be your dance partner~~~ <3

DrakeZ07

There has been some action on this. I checked the Amphitheater's website tonight and it has been changed. It now prohibits "concealed weapons". I guess they think its a "building". Most of it has no walls and part has no roof. The webpage also says that when the production is done by an outside group "all weapons" will be prohibited. What do you say Harley, the Brazilian music is Sunday night?
The website is here:http://www.iroquoisamphitheater.com/faqs/
Lots of picture here:http://www.flickr.com/photos/louisvillemetro/sets/72157629003071613/

I'm game on to hit it if you or someone else attends with me~ We don't have to be dance partners, but I'm availible to be a dance partner just in case~

Cottonbaler

The website tells you if an event is privately produced...

According to the Iroquois Ampitheater FAQs page Concealed Weapons are prohibited and privately-produced events prohibit all weapons.

If you click on an event on the right side of the page, a new page will open for it. For example, the Michael Franti concert on July 19th states "Coors Light Iroquois Amphitheater Summer Concert Series produced by Sherpa & Production Simple". Since it is an "outside" production, all weapons are prohibited.

Now click on the Louisville Winds concert on May 19th and you'll see this is presented by Iroquois Ampitheater with no mention of outside production.

Who's up for an OC outing for the Louisville Winds concert Sunday May 19th at 3pm? Meetup details to follow.

DrakeZ07

>.>
<.<
>.<
<.>
I got distracted by Friend with benefits', and lots of Strawberry Daiquiri's.

Sorry Gut, xD Sometimes when you gotta choose between OC'ing at a music concert, or Sex and Alcohol... Well... :p