• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One of my FOIA request is now gaining press-time - infringment on 2nd amend for reg

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://waterford.patch.com/groups/p...-many-assault-rifles-do-waterford-police-have

The state, through DESPP, has previously issued out opinion letters stating that the disclosure of information related to guns that towns own create a safety risk for the town.

Now WE have to tell the state what guns we have under PA13-3. So I filed a FOIA request with a town and asked for the towns firearms that WE now have to disclose under PA13-3. DESPP will undoubtedly issue out another letter saying that the release of this information would create a safety risk regarding the release of the records.

But WE have arms to defend ourselves from the very organization that wishes the information from us, the exact same information I requested of towns and state police....

The viewpoint of DESPP basically opinions that registration information under PA13-3 required of US would result in a safety risk to US. Now what can be more of an infringement of our 2nd amendment rights? A safety risk may result in injury or death and here is the state demanding that we provide them with information that would result in our death or injury. Hey, gun owners: keep your "assault rifles" and be subject to injury or death..

See what I mean Vern?

Here are 2 of the requested records from my FOIA request (filed 1 with waterford, 1 with capitol police, and 1 with my town---) that I filed with the Capitol Police:

Item #1:

Records relating to any assault weapons as defined by PA13-3, relevant section of the act attached to this request as Attachment 1 (several pages), that relate to assault weapons, as defined by PA 13-3, that a regular citizen would need to register with the state, per PA 13-3, by the end of this year, that the Capitol Police possesses.

Item #2:

Records relating to any “large capacity magazines” as defined by PA13-3, relevant section of the act attached to this request as Attachment 2 (one page), that relate to assault weapons, as defined by PA 13-3, that a regular citizen would need to register with the state, per PA 13-3, by the end of this year, that the Capitol Police possesses.

Item #3:

Records relating to any assault weapon, as defined by Attachment 1 of this request possessed by the Capitol Police.

Item #4:

Records relating to any “large capacity magazine” as defined by Attachment 2 possessed by the Capitol Police.

(the attachments are the PA13-3 sections simply copied and pasted -- of course)

LQM

FOI Request

At the risk of sounding uneducated in the process, how does one generate a FOI request? In the mean time I'll start reading the law to see what I find.