• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How would YOU do it???

cteaglesfan

Just found out that a colleague of mine who is a state Senator who was not on our side on the April vote Just put her name in the Mayoral race in New Haven. I want to print up a bunch of flyers that say 'Toni Harp doesn't care about your 2nd amendment rights' and post them all over New Haven. Not that it will do any good because the 'sheep' seem to love voting for her, but I have to do something. Maybe I should find an opposing candidate who best represents my political views and volunteer as much time as I have

What would you guys do???

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Just found out that a colleague of mine who is a state Senator who was not on our side on the April vote Just put her name in the Mayoral race in New Haven. I want to print up a bunch of flyers that say 'Toni Harp doesn't care about your 2nd amendment rights' and post them all over New Haven. Not that it will do any good because the 'sheep' seem to love voting for her, but I have to do something. Maybe I should find an opposing candidate who best represents my political views and volunteer as much time as I have

How about: "took action to attack our bill of rights" or "does not support immigration reform" ... folks in new haven won't care about 2nd amendment issues

Also,

Sec. 9-329b. Removal of candidate’s name from ballot. At any time prior to a primary held pursuant to sections 9-423, 9-425 and 9-464, or a special act or prior to any election, the Superior Court may issue an order removing a candidate from a ballot where it is shown that said candidate is improperly on the ballot.

If you get the nominating petitions and you think that something is wrong with them, you can ask for the name to be stricken off the ballot. Suggest you read the relevant state laws to see if this could cost you more $$ than filing fees.

cteaglesfan

How about: " folks in new haven won't care about 2nd amendment issues

Dave, I want to pissed at you for making that broad statement but it reeks of the truth. I think I need to pay attention to who's running against her and really pressure my employer about the legality of supporting her publically, IF they support her and I know they will

davidmcbeth

Banned
Dave, I want to pissed at you for making that broad statement but it reeks of the truth. I think I need to pay attention to who's running against her and really pressure my employer about the legality of supporting her publically, IF they support her and I know they will

I know it may piss you off ... heck we are all pissed off in CT ... and its good that you want to "make them pay", I applaud your efforts.

Knocking the politician off the ballot is the sweetest revenge. I have done it before...and man, it feels great. But all my work in this respect was in another state ... so I could look at the nominating petitions and supporting forms that a politician needs to complete and tell if the person could be kicked off the ballot or not.

If you wish to learn more, call up the secretary of state's office and tell them you want to be a candidate ~ they are usually very happy to tell what you need to do to get on the ballot. Then some legal research to find out what is mandatory and bingo, you are ready to review nominating petitions. It looks like CT legal avenues to kick folks off the ballot are a little bit different ... I don't an administrative hearing process...seems to go right to court from what I quickly read...and a bond may be needed (sounds like the losing party has to pay attny fees ~ the only state in the nation that I have seen this with in attacking candidate's ability to be on the ballot).

cteaglesfan

I know it may piss you off ... heck we are all pissed off in CT ... and its good that you want to "make them pay", I applaud your efforts.

Knocking the politician off the ballot is the sweetest revenge. I have done it before...and man, it feels great. But all my work in this respect was in another state ... so I could look at the nominating petitions and supporting forms that a politician needs to complete and tell if the person could be kicked off the ballot or not.

If you wish to learn more, call up the secretary of state's office and tell them you want to be a candidate ~ they are usually very happy to tell what you need to do to get on the ballot. Then some legal research to find out what is mandatory and bingo, you are ready to review nominating petitions. It looks like CT legal avenues to kick folks off the ballot are a little bit different ... I don't an administrative hearing process...seems to go right to court from what I quickly read...and a bond may be needed (sounds like the losing party has to pay attny fees ~ the only state in the nation that I have seen this with in attacking candidate's ability to be on the ballot).

Parts of that went waaaaaay over my head Dave. On what grounds can you get someone removed from the ballot??

davidmcbeth

Banned
Parts of that went waaaaaay over my head Dave. On what grounds can you get someone removed from the ballot??

If you wish to learn more, call up the secretary of state's office and tell them you want to be a candidate ~ they are usually very happy to tell what you need to do to get on the ballot. Then some legal research to find out what is mandatory and bingo, you are ready to review nominating petitions..

Sailsalot

Sailsalot

Why worry? Most of the people in New Haven who own guns are not legal carry folks. Your sanctuary city is known for welcoming illegal (invaders) immigrants, why should this bother you? Finding an opposing candidate who best represents your political views is impossible in New Haven.:banghead: Where have you been?
:confused:

cteaglesfan

Why worry? Most of the people in New Haven who own guns are not legal carry folks. Your sanctuary city is known for welcoming illegal (invaders) immigrants, why should this bother you? Finding an opposing candidate who best represents your political views is impossible in New Haven.:banghead: Where have you been?
:confused:

First of all your initial statement couldn't be any further from the truth. It's an untrue blanket statement based on ignorance. New Haven is my home though I haven't lived in that city for a number of years, it's still my home. As screwed up as the laws are in Ct, none of us have given up on trying to change them, right???

davidmcbeth

Banned
First of all your initial statement couldn't be any further from the truth. It's an untrue blanket statement based on ignorance. New Haven is my home though I haven't lived in that city for a number of years, it's still my home. As screwed up as the laws are in Ct, none of us have given up on trying to change them, right???

and what have you learned about booting people off a ballot?