Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Take It Easy All

Take It Easy All

So, after much contemplation, I have decided to break loose from this forum.--the only forum that I am a member.

I used to own a business, and six years ago I closed-up shop. Recently, I reopened my business, and need to occupy my time with other activities.

This forum has been the sole forum hangout for me, since 2009-ish?; every Liberal forum I have ever been been a member--a pro-Firearm Liberal forum does not exist as far as I am aware, how weird would that be!--, well, I've been banned LOL; the acceptance of difference of opinion speaks volumes to this wonderful forum.

I hope that I didn't get too many people worked-up here. I have an almost bulletproof skin--you develop it when you're someone like me--, and have a tendency play a bit too rough from time to time.

May all of your wildest dreams come true. Seriously, take it easy ladies, and gentlemen.

Be well out there,

~Sara Mae

"The cost of liberty is less than the price of repression."
    -- Quote by W.E.B. DuBois

(Wouldn't that suck if this quote wasn't accurate?)
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Banned

Take It Easy All

Sara Mae,

I wish you the best with your business. I would ask you to reconsider your departure. A difference of opinions keeps the waters from becoming stagnate.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    You are no gentleman. Worse, you are becoming just like those that we here on OCDO count as our enemies.

Dancing in the blood of others, when done by either side, merely deminishes that side's credibility.

To be honest I do not recognize who Sara Mae* is, or what her screen personality was like. It appears that she has learned her lesson one post too late. That's sad.

Regardless, I wish her well. I'd say the same for Sarah Brady, or Josh Sugarman, or even Mikey Bloomberg if they had been on OCDO and learned the hard lessons of life but just not quick enough to be able to remain a member. (That does not mean I would not be tearing, in a polite, refined way, into them as long as they held and espoused the thoughts for which they are known to us.)

While I detest "NO GUNS" signs, I could become tolerant of "NO DANCING" signs - as long as they were not enforcing some .gov edict.

stay safe.

* MUCHISIMUS OOPS!

I had not recognized the new avatar and did not look at the screen name. Yes, I know of the OP very well. IIRC we have traded opinions on an occassion or two. She was almost as much a PITA when pushing a point as I am known to be - just she pushed different points at times and did have a way of not playing nice with others when pushing her point.

I am still saddened that she learned her lesson one post too late. More importantly, I am still sad that there has been dancing in the blood that has been spilled.
    Last edited by skidmark; 04-23-2013 at 06:34 AM. Reason: need to look at names as well as avatars!
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Banned
    meh. OCDO is a better place now. I saw her posts here as destructive and not constructive. The sentiment I expressed is an honestly held one.

Moving on.

Well,,,

I will miss you Sara,,,
    aka, beretta92fslady
    aka, Sylvia Plath

Its been real... Bob
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    I hope that I didn't get too many people worked-up here. I have an almost bulletproof skin--you develop it when you're someone like me--, and have a tendency play a bit too rough from time to time.
    I've kind of been intending to say the same thing to you. But I take it from this post that your thick skin has probably protected you from having any personal antipathy towards me.

We frequently disagree, but I value disagreement – even argument. And beneath it all, I actually like you. So I, for one, am sorry to see you go.

Frankly, there are a few dancing bananas in this thread I'd be far happier to see vacate the premises. (Even then, I wouldn't gloat.)
    Last edited by marshaul; 04-23-2013 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    i've kind of been intending to say the same thing to you. But i take it from this post that your thick skin has probably protected you from having any personal antipathy towards me.

We frequently disagree, but i value disagreement – even argument. And beneath it all, i actually like you. So i, for one, am sorry to see you go.

Frankly, there are a few dancing bananas in this thread i'd be far happier to see vacate the premises. (even then, i wouldn't gloat.)

yep!!!
    The Second Amendment is in place
    in case the politicians ignore the others

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

I can't say I always agreed with you, but I will say I didn't always disagree with you. You seem to be a person of strong opinion and fierce belief. These are admirable traits, even when they are simultaneously frustrating.

I have sneaking suspicion you will return, even if only occasionally, to lend your unique perspective to a topic. At least, that is my hope.

Best to you and yours

Rob
    AUDE VIDE TACE

Banned
    Sorry to see the OP go ... but good luck in your endeavors

And a final youtube link for the lady

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j83xviHVmGg

Let it ride .... BTO classic

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    You'll be back.....we get under that tough skin of yours.

Like others have said well wishes, and hopefully we will run into each other again. Like we did while you where open carrying at the Seattle gun buy back!

Long live PIE!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

meh. OCDO is a better place now. I saw her posts here as destructive and not constructive. The sentiment I expressed is an honestly held one.

Moving on.
    I know if everyone agreed with you this whole forum would be move more constructive.

I think I'm going to start an interactive counter of how many times eye95 "moves along" because he seems to "move along" quite a bit.....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    I know if everyone agreed with you this whole forum would be move more constructive.

I think I'm going to start an interactive counter of how many times eye95 "moves along" because he seems to "move along" quite a bit.....
    Well, when others will not bend to his demands he has no choice but to "move along".
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Take It Easy All

Sorry to hear you are leaving us. Disagreement brings growth, and most of us are better for having heard your opinions.

Good luck with your business, I wish you much success.

John
    Last edited by nonameisgood; 04-23-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    What? Did a good-bye suddenly erase from y'all's memory her extensive history of intellectual disconnect, self-contradiction, evasions, and dismissiveness?

I'm with Eye95 on this one. Glad she is leaving--she contributed little to nothing except friction. You can't even count her as valid debate exercise, except in the most rudimentary way, because of her tactics.

Best wishes to her. Sincerely. I wouldn't wish her mental and emotional difficulties on my worst enemy.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

How childish.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    What? Did a good-bye suddenly erase from y'all's memory her extensive history of intellectual disconnect, self-contradiction, evasions, and dismissiveness?
    No. But I long ago learned if I let folks' lack of skill in debate, or their political views, dictate my feelings about them as a person, I wouldn't have any friends. That's not to say I have infinite tolerance – I consider the three dancing bananas above to be the product of a person I could never call a friend. But B92FSL has never crossed that line, for me at any rate. She's just a typical leftist. Something like 1/5 of Americans are, doncha know.

Debate is not a taught skill anymore. Most people never learn it.

Also she was a nice reminder that, while we'll still battle over "assault weapons" and BGCs, the right to armed self-defense isn't going anywhere in America. In fact, the concept is stronger than it's been in over a century.
    Last edited by marshaul; 04-23-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ADobbs1989 View Post
    How childish.
    ???

I know of no convention that requires warmth or solemnity when a person who has caused as much friction as she leaves.

Pretty much any sentiment between "good riddance" (hostility) and "thank god!" (relief), even "hallelujah" (elation), is legitimate for this one.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member
    No. But I long ago learned if I let folks' lack of skill in debate, or their political views, dictate my feelings about them as a person, I wouldn't have any friends. That's not to say I have infinite tolerance – I consider the three dancing bananas above to be the product of a person I could never call a friend. But B92FSL has never crossed that line, for me at any rate. She's just a typical leftist. Something like 1/5 of Americans are, doncha know.

It's not a taught skill anymore. Most people never learn it.

Also she was a nice reminder that, while we'll still battle over "assault weapons" and BGCs, the right to armed self-defense isn't going anywhere in America. In fact, the concept is stronger than its been in over a century.
    You're bragging again.

Who cares about her political views or debate skill. Its the other characteristics I mentioned.

You're bragging again.
    Shoot! Now that time I didn't even realize it.

Who cares about her political views or debate skill. Its the other characteristics I mentioned.
    I dunno, I didn't find her that bad. To each their own, though, right?
    Last edited by marshaul; 04-23-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    SNIP I dunno, I didn't find her that bad. To each their own, though, right?
    Thank you for validating Eye's viewpoint, and my own.

Seriously, though. To each their own, yes. Until it gets to the point that the level and frequency of irrationality causes friction all by itself.

Just as a quick example of her intellectual dishonesty, take a look at her OP comment about hoping she didn't get too many people worked up, and playing rough. Rubbish. If she hoped she didn't get too many people worked up, why did she do it?

And, playing rough? Phffft. She couldn't play rough if you gave her a squad of Russian commandos to use. Her evasions and self-contradictions are not the hallmarks of strength; they're mile-wide banners proclaiming an inability to view her own truth squarely, and defend it vigorously. She has a very low level of self-confidence; she doesn't really believe in her own truth, or doesn't have the strength to defend it. Literally.

If we want to send her off gracefully, I can't argue against it. But, lets not give her qualities or sympathies undeserved.
    Last edited by Citizen; 04-23-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Until it gets to the point that the level and frequency of irrationality causes friction all by itself.
    Always remember that friction takes two opposing surfaces.

Just like it takes two to... tango. (That was tough to get out. )

Founder's Club Member
    Always remember that friction takes two opposing surfaces.

Just like it takes two to... tango. (That was tough to get out. )
    Well, yes. But, we're not talking about statism vs liberty or any disagreements like that. At least I'm not. I'm talking about the traits I mentioned: intellectual dishonesty, self-contradiction, evasiveness, dismissiveness.

Edward Coke and Francis Bacon* could argue all day long over whether Coke, as the new Chief Justice of England, should serve justice or the king. But, if either of them regularly contradicted himself, argued in circles, evaded points, or insisted on intellectual dishonesty, for sure the other would walk out in justifiable disgust having nothing to do with the disagreement over Coke's proper role.

I'm re-reading Origins of the Fifth Amendment. Francis Bacon actually recommended Coke for the position of Chief Justice of the Kings Bench, the highest court. Bacon, a strong supporter of James I in religious matters, came up with a wonderful way to nullify Coke's resistance to the king's power in support of liberty--the king should appoint him to the highest position of the highest court. There Coke would hear fewer cases and could cause less trouble for the king. Heh, heh, heh. Bacon was wrong.
    Last edited by Citizen; 04-23-2013 at 04:56 PM.

???

I know of no convention that requires warmth or solemnity when a person who has caused as much friction as she leaves.

Pretty much any sentiment between "good riddance" (hostility) and "thank god!" (relief), even "hallelujah" (elation), is legitimate for this one.
    It was a childish gesture, the forum can see for themselves at how childish it was, and if you don't agree your childish as well.

Moving on.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ADobbs1989 View Post
    It was a childish gesture, the forum can see for themselves at how childish it was, and if you don't agree your childish as well.

Moving on.
    Ah, yes. Your articulate refutation of my position has convinced me. As did your ad hominem attack and your appeal to common opinion.

By the way, is there something in the water or air in Alabama that causes its residents to hit by announcing "moving on", rather than just moving on without announcing it? Maybe something in a cultural dish?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast