Thread: No sell to va

No sell to va

I was at my local Walmart tonight, checking on ammo. when i noticed at the bottom of the what ammo they don't have list. a notice that they can not sell firearms to VA residents. we couldn't figure out if this was a new law or just Walmart policy. i was wondering if this was going on at other Walmarts

is there a new law
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

I think Walmart's policy is not to sell to anyone from another state. I think Academy has the same policy.
    "I'm kinda high (or maybe low) profile around here, to hate on me is just sour grapes." - NCHeel

"Nuts" followed by "You can go straight to Hell." Jake from Jericho

Quote Originally Posted by NC-Heel View Post
    I think Walmart's policy is not to sell to anyone from another state. I think Academy has the same policy.
    Is this new? I've bought ammo at Walmart in Little Washington without any issue as recently as February. I'm not an NC resident but visit often. They even post signs listing states whose residents can purchase long guns at Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinnedknuckles View Post
    Is this new? I've bought ammo at Walmart in Little Washington without any issue as recently as February. I'm not an NC resident but visit often. They even post signs listing states whose residents can purchase long guns at Walmart.
    We are talking about firearms not ammo. I don't keep up with how Va. works but I know that Virginia used to require FFL's to perform a VSP Instant Check and this may be why Walmarts in NC wont sell to Virginians. More paperwork.
    Last edited by NC-Heel; 04-25-2013 at 10:03 PM.
    "I'm kinda high (or maybe low) profile around here, to hate on me is just sour grapes." - NCHeel

"Nuts" followed by "You can go straight to Hell." Jake from Jericho

Quote Originally Posted by Skinnedknuckles View Post
    can you remeber who is on that list? is it connecting states? i know one poster said you couldn't buy unless the state was connected, but i don't think that is true anymore

Quote Originally Posted by NC-Heel View Post
    We are talking about firearms not ammo. I don't keep up with how Va. works but I know that Virginia used to require FFL's to perform a VSP Instant Check and this may be why Walmarts in NC wont sell to Virginians. More paperwork.
    that is maybe one reason
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.