• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WAGR / Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility/

Whitney

Who are they? And what do they hope to accomplish?
If you read only one, read the Bagshaw link, you will lose your open carry righs if these people get their way. Get ready BOHICA.

Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility is the group that will supposedly get thier agenda on the ballot as an initiative for the people of Washington to vote upon.
If you follow Dave Workman's articles you no doubt have heard of this organization that includes Seattle City Councilmember Sally Bagshaw, former councilwoman Tina Podlodowski, King County Health Director David Fleming, and Chrisitan Sinderman a Democratic Consultant advising the group. The group has also hired lobbyist and campaign manager Zach Silk.

WAGR has been purported to be funded by venture capitalist Nick Hanauer and the majority of the group are Seattle and King County politicans or are somehow connected to the same.

Hanauer co-founded The True Patriot Network, a political action tank framed upon the ideas he and Eric Liu presented in their 2007 book, The True Patriot.
Liu teaches at the University of Washington and went to college with Representative Jamie Pederson.

When the WAGR website is launched, look for new buzzwords such as "our collective jobs" , "Health Centric" and other tricky words and phrases to furher thier agenda.

~Whitney

boatswain

Their website has been up for a while, but its very light on info.

http://wagunresponsibility.org/

I do recommend everyone signs up for their email list so as to keep us aware of their plans.

Also, the Haneur family is the majority owner of the Sounders so I will no longer be attending their matches. I was planning a weekend family event for my team at work and the Sounders are off the list.

Whitney

Whiteness: an unearned set of privileges. | Blackness; the fatal variable.

Eric Liu writes for TIME Magazine. Connect the dots to WAGR as I posted previously and hang on.

FUQ:
If there is one hopeful note amidst all the anguish and recrimination from the acquittal of George Zimmerman, it’s that growing numbers of white people have come to appreciate whiteness for what it is: an unearned set of privileges. And as a result of that dawning awareness, it’s become possible to imagine a day when that structure of privilege is dismantled – by white people.