Thread: Maybe We'll Stand a Fighting Chance Now....

Lake County, Montana, USA

Maybe We'll Stand a Fighting Chance Now....

Just read an update from a (local) news site that I get text messages from that our illustrious Sen. Max Baucus will be retiring rather than seeking re-election. I thought that was pretty good news. He may have sided with Montanans a few times, but there have been many times where we as his constituents, didn't know where he stood and were sorely disappointed in his stance on many issues that were and still are important to Montana. Maybe now we've got a chance at getting someone good in here, rather than dealing with Max!

I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

, ,
    Quote Originally Posted by 40s-and-wfan View Post
    Maybe now we've got a chance at getting someone good in here, rather than dealing with Max!
    Yeah, good riddance Max!

So far there are two hats in the arena. One is Champ Edmunds from Missoula.

Edmunds claims to be PRO-gun on his facebook page, as well as being in favor of repealing Obamacare.

The following is a quote from:

"I am a gun owner, concealed weapon permit holder, and hunter. The 2nd Amendment is NOT about hunting, it is about our right to defend ourselves and our families. I support the right of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms of their choosing. I will not vote for gun control measures, and I will not vote to confirm anti-gun judges as Sen. Baucus has done, most recently with US Supreme Court Justices Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan. Additionally, I would not vote for any international treaties that deny us our 2nd Amendment rights or other personal freedoms."

Also see an article by Edmunds called, "Put a gun in every school, teach staff how to use it."