Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Ooops Boston PD just called the bombers "ACTORS" ...hmmmm

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838

    Ooops Boston PD just called the bombers "ACTORS" ...hmmmm

    http://www.infowars.com/faux-pas-bos...arnaev-actors/

    Reporter: How can you be sure there are no more bomb?
    Comish: We only gave them 2

    Above is what he might have well just said ....


    the comedy continues

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    The word "actor" has meanings other than "thespian".

    Namely, it's a person responsible for an implied action.

    Now, I'm well familiar with the history of COINTELPRO, and have zero doubt the same sort of stuff happens today, but this doesn't have the trappings of a false flag operation.

    Mainly because there is no political ideology associated with the attacks. The history of false flag operations is much more one of discrediting "dangerous" political groups (like the Black Panthers), and much less one of a general "create terror and watch people turn to the state." Even if the latter is a goal, why not take advantage of an opportunity to discredit anti-statist groups while you're at it?

    Not to mention that the assets used by false flag operations are usually marks, and they almost always die (or go to prison) for real. They aren't actors – they're just marks.

    That said, terror always benefits the state. But the state need not always act to achieve this end. There are bad people out there, and government is not capable of stopping them. In this sense government is a self-fulfilling prophecy: "Well, we need to exist to keep you safe. And, oh, look over there, a psycho! See how much you need us?"

    The big lie is that government is capable of preventing, or even meaningfully reducing the likelihood, of such attacks. You don't need conspiracy theories to fight that lie. It's a lie, regardless of whether government is angelic or sinister.
    Last edited by marshaul; 04-23-2013 at 12:40 PM.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Fallschirmjäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,915
    Definition of ACTOR
    1: one that acts : doer

    2a : one who represents a character in a dramatic production
    b : a theatrical performer
    c : one who behaves as if acting a part

    3: one that takes part in any affair
    <Benjamin Franklin was a major actor in many of the events leading up to the founding of our nation.>
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 04-23-2013 at 01:16 PM.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    The word "actor" has meanings other than "thespian".

    Namely, it's a person responsible for an implied action.

    .
    Nobody uses the term "actor" in anything other than what first pops up in your mind when you hear the word "actor".

    Whipping open the dictionary and discussing the english language definitions does not sway me, I don't know about others.

    Why people are still being apologists for gov't officials is amazing.

  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Nobody uses the term "actor" in anything other than what first pops up in your mind when you hear the word "actor".

    Whipping open the dictionary and discussing the english language definitions does not sway me, I don't know about others.

    Why people are still being apologists for gov't officials is amazing.
    So is a person who jumps to a conspiracy conclusion based on the use of word.

    The term non-state actors has been flying around for a few years now. Plenty of time for a spin-off or abbreviation to develop in bureacracies who love jargon and can't utter two complete sentences without it in order to make themselves look special.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Nobody uses the term "actor" in anything other than what first pops up in your mind when you hear the word "actor".

    Whipping open the dictionary and discussing the english language definitions does not sway me, I don't know about others.

    Why people are still being apologists for gov't officials is amazing.
    A: I didn't open the dictionary, that's what immediately came to my head when I saw your thread title. (Believe it or not, I almost never need the crutch of a dictionary – or thesaurus – in a venue such as this.)

    B: You're calling me, marshaul, an apologist for the state?

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    Way to flush your credibility down the toilet.

    C: Clearly you didn't bother to read the rest of my post. I believe I argued quite convincingly that, even if there were a conspiracy, the use of the word "actor" would be inappropriate. Do yourself a favor: go back and read my post.
    Last edited by marshaul; 04-23-2013 at 02:27 PM.

  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    SNIP

    A: I didn't open the dictionary, that's what immediately came to my head when I saw your thread title.

    B: You're calling me, marshaul, an apologist for the state?

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    Way to flush your credibility down the toilet.
    A. Quit bragging.

    B. You're right. Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    A. Quit bragging.
    Sometimes I can't help it.

    Originally my intent was just to point out that it's not an obscure use of the word. But then I decided to throw some bragging in, too.
    Last edited by marshaul; 04-23-2013 at 02:37 PM.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Sometimes I can't help it.

    Originally my intent was just to point out that it's not an obscure use of the word. But then I decided to throw some bragging in, too.
    Your ACTING like an apologist for the commish in this case ... touche
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 04-23-2013 at 03:21 PM.

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Your ACTING like an apologist for the commish in this case ... touche
    I don't think so. Reason being, I think you're simply wrong about this being a false flag op.

    As I already said, there are bad people, and government is not able to stop them. Ergo, these things will happen.

    Government is a self-fulfilling prophecy even when it twiddles its thumbs.

    Does that sound like apologia to you?

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    I don't think so. Reason being, I think you're simply wrong about this being a false flag op.

    As I already said, there are bad people, and government is not able to stop them. Ergo, these things will happen.

    Government is a self-fulfilling prophecy even when it twiddles its thumbs.

    Does that sound like apologia to you?
    Si senior ... I comprende tu possitione .. adios muchacho !

  12. #12
    Regular Member Tactical9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manchester, New Hampshire
    Posts
    132
    Just passing along a relevant link that I recently came across on the subjects being discussed in this thread.

    http://www.libertariannews.org/2013/...arathon-story/

    I'm not offering an opinion for or against anything presented in the link. I'm merely providing the information for your consumption.

    I will say that I haven't seen anything mentioned in that article in "conventional" media to date.
    Let a man never stir on his road a step without his weapons of war; for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise of a spear on the way without. -Hávamál 38

  13. #13
    Regular Member Fallschirmjäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,915
    No, David, plenty of educated people use the word 'actor' to describe people other than those on the stage and screen. It's the people with limited vocabularies, that know only a few definitions of a word, who are uncomfortable stretching their linguistic abilities.

    Don't tell us what we don't do, when it's quite apparent that the people here are quite conversant with a word that you had little familiarity with.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    No, David, plenty of educated people use the word 'actor' to describe people other than those on the stage and screen. It's the people with limited vocabularies, that know only a few definitions of a word, who are uncomfortable stretching their linguistic abilities.

    Don't tell us what we don't do, when it's quite apparent that the people here are quite conversant with a word that you had little familiarity with.
    Not me, and I've a hellava edumacation ... I can cipher at 5th grade level

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •