• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ooops Boston PD just called the bombers "ACTORS" ...hmmmm

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
The word "actor" has meanings other than "thespian".

Namely, it's a person responsible for an implied action.

Now, I'm well familiar with the history of COINTELPRO, and have zero doubt the same sort of stuff happens today, but this doesn't have the trappings of a false flag operation.

Mainly because there is no political ideology associated with the attacks. The history of false flag operations is much more one of discrediting "dangerous" political groups (like the Black Panthers), and much less one of a general "create terror and watch people turn to the state." Even if the latter is a goal, why not take advantage of an opportunity to discredit anti-statist groups while you're at it?

Not to mention that the assets used by false flag operations are usually marks, and they almost always die (or go to prison) for real. They aren't actors – they're just marks.

That said, terror always benefits the state. But the state need not always act to achieve this end. There are bad people out there, and government is not capable of stopping them. In this sense government is a self-fulfilling prophecy: "Well, we need to exist to keep you safe. And, oh, look over there, a psycho! See how much you need us?"

The big lie is that government is capable of preventing, or even meaningfully reducing the likelihood, of such attacks. You don't need conspiracy theories to fight that lie. It's a lie, regardless of whether government is angelic or sinister.

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

Definition of ACTOR
1: one that acts : doer

2a : one who represents a character in a dramatic production
b : a theatrical performer
c : one who behaves as if acting a part

3: one that takes part in any affair
<Benjamin Franklin was a major actor in many of the events leading up to the founding of our nation.>

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
The word "actor" has meanings other than "thespian".

Namely, it's a person responsible for an implied action.

Nobody uses the term "actor" in anything other than what first pops up in your mind when you hear the word "actor".

Whipping open the dictionary and discussing the english language definitions does not sway me, I don't know about others.

Why people are still being apologists for gov't officials is amazing.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Nobody uses the term "actor" in anything other than what first pops up in your mind when you hear the word "actor".

Whipping open the dictionary and discussing the english language definitions does not sway me, I don't know about others.

So is a person who jumps to a conspiracy conclusion based on the use of word.

The term non-state actors has been flying around for a few years now. Plenty of time for a spin-off or abbreviation to develop in bureacracies who love jargon and can't utter two complete sentences without it in order to make themselves look special.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

A: I didn't open the dictionary, that's what immediately came to my head when I saw your thread title. (Believe it or not, I almost never need the crutch of a dictionary – or thesaurus – in a venue such as this.)

B: You're calling me, marshaul, an apologist for the state?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Way to flush your credibility down the toilet.

C: Clearly you didn't bother to read the rest of my post. I believe I argued quite convincingly that, even if there were a conspiracy, the use of the word "actor" would be inappropriate. Do yourself a favor: go back and read my post.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP

A: I didn't open the dictionary, that's what immediately came to my head when I saw your thread title.

B: You're calling me, marshaul, an apologist for the state?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Way to flush your credibility down the toilet.

A. Quit bragging.

B. You're right. Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

davidmcbeth

Banned
Sometimes I can't help it. :p

Originally my intent was just to point out that it's not an obscure use of the word. But then I decided to throw some bragging in, too. ;)

Your ACTING like an apologist for the commish in this case ... touche

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Your ACTING like an apologist for the commish in this case ... touche

I don't think so. Reason being, I think you're simply wrong about this being a false flag op.

As I already said, there are bad people, and government is not able to stop them. Ergo, these things will happen.

Government is a self-fulfilling prophecy even when it twiddles its thumbs.

Does that sound like apologia to you?

davidmcbeth

Banned
I don't think so. Reason being, I think you're simply wrong about this being a false flag op.

As I already said, there are bad people, and government is not able to stop them. Ergo, these things will happen.

Government is a self-fulfilling prophecy even when it twiddles its thumbs.

Does that sound like apologia to you?

Si senior ... I comprende tu possitione .. adios muchacho !

Tactical9mm

Just passing along a relevant link that I recently came across on the subjects being discussed in this thread.

http://www.libertariannews.org/2013...ors-belie-the-official-boston-marathon-story/

I'm not offering an opinion for or against anything presented in the link. I'm merely providing the information for your consumption.

I will say that I haven't seen anything mentioned in that article in "conventional" media to date.

Fallschirjmäger

No, David, plenty of educated people use the word 'actor' to describe people other than those on the stage and screen. It's the people with limited vocabularies, that know only a few definitions of a word, who are uncomfortable stretching their linguistic abilities.

Don't tell us what we don't do, when it's quite apparent that the people here are quite conversant with a word that you had little familiarity with.

davidmcbeth

Banned
No, David, plenty of educated people use the word 'actor' to describe people other than those on the stage and screen. It's the people with limited vocabularies, that know only a few definitions of a word, who are uncomfortable stretching their linguistic abilities.

Don't tell us what we don't do, when it's quite apparent that the people here are quite conversant with a word that you had little familiarity with.

Not me, and I've a hellava edumacation ... I can cipher at 5th grade level