Thread: sears corp on policy

sears corp on policy

This is what I got from sears HQ on OC and CC in their stores.

"Good Morning Mike,

Thank you for contacting sears.com. We understand that you would like to know the policy on carrying the firearms at our Sears stores.

Regretfully, we are not provided with the available information. However, we recommend contacting the store near your location that you wish to visit to know the store policy. Depending on the area, the policy on carrying the firearms will vary.

Sincerely,

Kendrick U. (ruppala)

Sears Customer Care

webcenter@customerservice.sears.com

1-800-366-3028 "

Sounds like the local store can do what they want and they (HQ) don't want to say either way.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by ps1mhd View Post
    This is what I got from sears HQ on OC and CC in their stores.

"Good Morning Mike,

Thank you for contacting sears.com. We understand that you would like to know the policy on carrying the firearms at our Sears stores.

Regretfully, we are not provided with the available information. However, we recommend contacting the store near your location that you wish to visit to know the store policy. Depending on the area, the policy on carrying the firearms will vary.

Sincerely,

Kendrick U. (ruppala)

Sears Customer Care

webcenter@customerservice.sears.com

1-800-366-3028 "

Sounds like the local store can do what they want and they (HQ) don't want to say either way.

Mike
    This from another post
    in 2010 http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ee-Zones/page2
    Last edited by carracer; 04-23-2013 at 02:12 PM.

Banned
    Well, they don't have a general all-n-one policy ... a neutral response leaning toward being negative as SOME stores will not allow carry for sure...

Um....

Why would you send them a letter out of the blue asking this?

Would you spontaneously ask them if it's OK to wear a blue shirt on Tuesdays?

You could have asked us... I've open carried in multiple Sears, literally dozens of times. Stood around for over half an hour one time watching a guy show off his "Cheff's Envy" food slicer (which I bought – and I actually use no less). Nobody has ever done anything but take my money with a smile.

That's what "open to the public" means: if it's not illegal, and nobody in charge has said you can't come in doing X, Y, or Z, then you're perfectly free to go in doing X, Y, or Z. Until and unless somebody tells you to stop.
    Last edited by marshaul; 04-23-2013 at 04:17 PM.