Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very impotatnt!!!

Very impotatnt!!!

You don't need to go, we have plenty of people already:
    HB 436, the Second Amendment Preservation Act, now has a hearing scheduled at 2:00 pm, Wed. April 24th. This is very fast movement by senators who are serious about protecting your rights! (Thanks to Sens. Tom Dempsey and Brian Nieves)

This is a special hearing and there will be VERY LITTLE time for testimony, but a strong statement can be made by simply being there.

If you can't come, please fill out a witness form: http://www.libertytools.org/LibertyT...hp?template=25
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

With it being so close to taking off from work for the rally and short notice I won't he able to attend, but form has been filled out. Glad to see it has moved to the next step quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    You don't need to go, we have plenty of people already:
    HB 436, the Second Amendment Preservation Act, now has a hearing scheduled at 2:00 pm, Wed. April 24th. This is very fast movement by senators who are serious about protecting your rights! (Thanks to Sens. Tom Dempsey and Brian Nieves)

This is a special hearing and there will be VERY LITTLE time for testimony, but a strong statement can be made by simply being there.

If you can't come, please fill out a witness form: http://www.libertytools.org/LibertyT...hp?template=25

Filled it out.

Quote Originally Posted by WCEarp View Post
    With it being so close to taking off from work for the rally and short notice I won't he able to attend, but form has been filled out. Glad to see it has moved to the next step quickly.
    It's OK, best if very few speak so they will have time to vote! There is little time for this hearing and it will pass!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!

Well, being voted on the same day is all well and good, but I'm worried about the next step. Will the bill be referred to subcommittee after subcommittee until time runs out? Will it be held at full committee level and never reported to the floor, like what happened to another OC bill?

With the media attention it has already gotten and the limited time frame, should we garner as much support from pro 2A senators now? Or wait to see if it stalls? Or does it seem like there's enough steam left in this little bill that could to make it to the floor?

I ask because, even though I know the process, I don't know the mood and dealings of the Senate as of right now.

Been passing this around to try and get more witness forms filled out. Love how fast this is moving.

Let's hope this is acted on quickly.

form filled out and also passed to other pro 2A Missourians.

short notice is better than no notice. for those of you going to Jeff City tomorrow, keep up the good fight! we are all behind you 110%!
    I'm the one who's gotta die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by Broondog View Post
    form filled out and also passed to other pro 2A Missourians.

short notice is better than no notice. for those of you going to Jeff City tomorrow, keep up the good fight! we are all behind you 110%!
    It was short notice because that's all there was. I'm out the door in a few moments. We want very few speakers at this committee hearing. It will pass committee and if
    very few speak briefly they will vote today and get it off to the Senate. I will keep it under 60 mseconds in my little talk....
    I'll be the guy with the "Guns Save Lives" button on his coat, because they do!

Quote Originally Posted by skin'erback View Post
    Let's hope this is acted on quickly.
    HB 436 - Funderburk - Establishes the Second Amendment Preservation Act which rejects all federal acts that infringe on a Missouri citizens' rights under the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution
    4/24/2013 -- Hearing Conducted S General Laws Committee
    4/24/2013 -- SCS Voted Do Pass S General Laws Committee (1204S.04C)

Passed committee already! On the the floor vote next...

Quote Originally Posted by NeoShade View Post
    HB 436 - Funderburk - Establishes the Second Amendment Preservation Act which rejects all federal acts that infringe on a Missouri citizens' rights under the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution
    4/24/2013 -- Hearing Conducted S General Laws Committee
    4/24/2013 -- SCS Voted Do Pass S General Laws Committee (1204S.04C)

Passed committee already! On the the floor vote next...
    Gee, I thought I was the only OCer there?
    Yes it is going to the Senate!

When will it go to the floor for debate and vote?

Quote Originally Posted by 9026543 View Post
    We'll have to wait.....No telling just yet.

Cool

You were, but I watch all the firearm bills with an eagle eye...Also listen to the hearings and floor votes online via streams while at work.

4/25/2013 -- Reported from S General Laws Committee to Floor w/SCS

HB436 is scheduled to have a third reading and debate in the Senate on Monday, 4/29

Quote Originally Posted by 9026543 View Post
    LR Number: 1204S.04C
    Bill Title: SCS HCS HB 436
    4/25/2013 - Reported from S General Laws Committee to Floor w/SCS - S914-415
    4/29/2013 - S Formal Calendar H Bills for Third Reading--HCS for HB 436, with SCS

Re: Very impotatnt!!!

OK, I'm now taking votes on whether Nixon will sign, veto, or pocket sign the bill. Last year, I went with sign, but it never made it to the floor of the house.

I will not pollute the discussion with my guess just yet.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

My guess is he will not sign it......outside chance of veto....he may leave the state and let Kinder sign it.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

According the Senate calendar for April 29th, this bill is up for it's 3rd reading. Debate should be scheduled soon.

http://www.senate.mo.gov/13info/pdf-cal/cal.htm

Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post
    According the Senate calendar for April 29th, this bill is up for it's 3rd reading. Debate should be scheduled soon.

http://www.senate.mo.gov/13info/pdf-cal/cal.htm
    By the way, does anyone know the difference between the SCS and HCS versions of the bill? I know they're different, but I don't see how they're different.

By the way, does anyone know the difference between the SCS and HCS versions of the bill? I know they're different, but I don't see how they're different.
    They are the same, one cames from the House, one from the Senate, the amendments are in the final bill.

I know some of this stuff, that's why you folks pay me big bucks for doing this!

Cross you fingers, the clock is ticking..............
    Last edited by mspgunner; 04-29-2013 at 07:25 AM.

They are the same, one cames from the House, one from the Senate, the amendments are in the final bill.

I know some of this stuff, that's why you folks pay me big bucks for doing this!

Cross you fingers, the clock is ticking..............
    Then I simply can't find it. From what I understand,, the SCS is the Senate Committee Substitute bill, which would have no reason to exist if the text wasn't changed. I don't see any Senate amendments on the bill's page, but since that is on the House side it may not show. Can you post a link to the Final version or tell us what changes the Senate Committee made?

Any updates on the hearing today?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boy View Post
    Any updates on the hearing today?
    Listen to it now, they just convened at 4:30...

Listen to it now, they just convened at 4:30...

8:24 PM now, theDems are filibustering the first bill, NOT a 2A bill. They wil get nothing else done tonight, be my guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast