• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Very impotatnt!!!

mspgunner

You don't need to go, we have plenty of people already:
HB 436, the Second Amendment Preservation Act, now has a hearing scheduled at 2:00 pm, Wed. April 24th. This is very fast movement by senators who are serious about protecting your rights! (Thanks to Sens. Tom Dempsey and Brian Nieves)

This is a special hearing and there will be VERY LITTLE time for testimony, but a strong statement can be made by simply being there.

If you can't come, please fill out a witness form: http://www.libertytools.org/LibertyTools/witness/witness2.php?template=25

WCEarp

With it being so close to taking off from work for the rally and short notice I won't he able to attend, but form has been filled out. Glad to see it has moved to the next step quickly.

larueman

You don't need to go, we have plenty of people already:
HB 436, the Second Amendment Preservation Act, now has a hearing scheduled at 2:00 pm, Wed. April 24th. This is very fast movement by senators who are serious about protecting your rights! (Thanks to Sens. Tom Dempsey and Brian Nieves)

This is a special hearing and there will be VERY LITTLE time for testimony, but a strong statement can be made by simply being there.

If you can't come, please fill out a witness form: http://www.libertytools.org/LibertyTools/witness/witness2.php?template=25

Filled it out.

mspgunner

With it being so close to taking off from work for the rally and short notice I won't he able to attend, but form has been filled out. Glad to see it has moved to the next step quickly.

It's OK, best if very few speak so they will have time to vote! There is little time for this hearing and it will pass!

WCEarp

Well, being voted on the same day is all well and good, but I'm worried about the next step. Will the bill be referred to subcommittee after subcommittee until time runs out? Will it be held at full committee level and never reported to the floor, like what happened to another OC bill?

With the media attention it has already gotten and the limited time frame, should we garner as much support from pro 2A senators now? Or wait to see if it stalls? Or does it seem like there's enough steam left in this little bill that could to make it to the floor?

I ask because, even though I know the process, I don't know the mood and dealings of the Senate as of right now.

Big Boy

Been passing this around to try and get more witness forms filled out. Love how fast this is moving.

Broondog

form filled out and also passed to other pro 2A Missourians.

short notice is better than no notice. for those of you going to Jeff City tomorrow, keep up the good fight! we are all behind you 110%!

mspgunner

form filled out and also passed to other pro 2A Missourians.

short notice is better than no notice. for those of you going to Jeff City tomorrow, keep up the good fight! we are all behind you 110%!

It was short notice because that's all there was. I'm out the door in a few moments. We want very few speakers at this committee hearing. It will pass committee and if
very few speak briefly they will vote today and get it off to the Senate. I will keep it under 60 mseconds in my little talk....
I'll be the guy with the "Guns Save Lives" button on his coat, because they do!

NeoShade

Let's hope this is acted on quickly.

HB 436 - Funderburk - Establishes the Second Amendment Preservation Act which rejects all federal acts that infringe on a Missouri citizens' rights under the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution
4/24/2013 -- Hearing Conducted S General Laws Committee
4/24/2013 -- SCS Voted Do Pass S General Laws Committee (1204S.04C)

Passed committee already! On the the floor vote next...

mspgunner

HB 436 - Funderburk - Establishes the Second Amendment Preservation Act which rejects all federal acts that infringe on a Missouri citizens' rights under the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution
4/24/2013 -- Hearing Conducted S General Laws Committee
4/24/2013 -- SCS Voted Do Pass S General Laws Committee (1204S.04C)

Passed committee already! On the the floor vote next...

Gee, I thought I was the only OCer there?
Yes it is going to the Senate!

NeoShade

4/25/2013 -- Reported from S General Laws Committee to Floor w/SCS

dogsandhogs

HB436 is scheduled to have a third reading and debate in the Senate on Monday, 4/29

When will it go to the floor for debate and vote?

LR Number: 1204S.04C
Bill Title: SCS HCS HB 436
4/25/2013 - Reported from S General Laws Committee to Floor w/SCS - S914-415
4/29/2013 - S Formal Calendar H Bills for Third Reading--HCS for HB 436, with SCS

kcgunfan

OK, I'm now taking votes on whether Nixon will sign, veto, or pocket sign the bill. Last year, I went with sign, but it never made it to the floor of the house.

I will not pollute the discussion with my guess just yet.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Redbaron007

My guess is he will not sign it......outside chance of veto....he may leave the state and let Kinder sign it. ;)