Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: TIME CRITICAL: How Long Is CCDW Paperwork Good For.

  1. #1
    Regular Member neuroblades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    1,240

    Exclamation TIME CRITICAL: How Long Is CCDW Paperwork Good For.

    My Mom took the CCDW class back in 2012 and received her paperwork dated Sept. 2012. She has yet to turn her paperwork into the Sheriff's office and now that I'm visiting her I've lit the fire under her to take the paperwork into the S.O. to turn it in. My query is, is it too late? After the applicant has received their paperwork to turn into their S.O., how long do they have to do so?
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hickory, NC, ,
    Posts
    1,025
    She should be fine but she needs to make the appointment ASAP. Some Sheriff's get a bit weird about it though. My county, Burke, is running about 3-4 months out on appointments just to turn IN the paperwork. Then the wait starts FOR the permit. It's crazy.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by neuroblades View Post
    My Mom took the CCDW class back in 2012 and received her paperwork dated Sept. 2012. She has yet to turn her paperwork into the Sheriff's office and now that I'm visiting her I've lit the fire under her to take the paperwork into the S.O. to turn it in. My query is, is it too late? After the applicant has received their paperwork to turn into their S.O., how long do they have to do so?
    I don't think the paperwork is time sensitive. However your safety certificate is good for 1 year. When I took the class I took the certificate to the Forsyth County Sherrif's office. (there wasn't any sort of appt. setup for turning in paper. Pretty much you just talk to the clerk and pay for the fingerprints and notary. They walk you to the machine and get your fingerprints and then they submit all that to the sherriff. From there they notify you by phone when you application is done. I think they have 90 days to make a decision but its been a while since I looked into it.

    Sorry for the grammer/spelling/run on sentences.

  4. #4
    Regular Member neuroblades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    1,240
    To everyone that replied, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to answer my query about this. She was afraid that she had waited too long to turn it in for her concealed carry. Personally, I don't know why she has waited this long to move forward with this. The very day I got my paperwork back in the mail along with my photo (Kentucky), I was straight out the door and en route to the Sheriff's Office with it. *LOL*
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

  5. #5
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    WTH is a CCDW? never heard of it

    JAB if you are talking about a CHP. you are supposed to get it in 45 days. i have heard of some getting it in 3 weeks
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  6. #6
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,273
    You have one year to turn in your paperwork from a CHP class.

    What county is she in? Harnett county has a 4 month backlog on appointments to turn in paperwork.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 04-24-2013 at 05:30 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    WTH is a CCDW? never heard of it

    JAB if you are talking about a CHP. you are supposed to get it in 45 days. i have heard of some getting it in 3 weeks
    Yes, I was talking about CHP. I havn't heard of CCDW but I assumed he/she meant CHP. I shouldn't have assumed that. Maybe OP can clarify what CCDW is.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    WTH is a CCDW? never heard of it
    Carry Concealed Deadly Weapons
    http://concealedcarryky.com/CCDW.html

    He lives in Kentucky and I am gonna take a guess that his mom lives in NC. He used a Kentucky term for the NC permit.
    Last edited by hotrod8812; 04-26-2013 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Add link

  9. #9
    Regular Member schlepprock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Archdale NC
    Posts
    2
    Yep..in NC you have one year from the time you complete the ccw course.

  10. #10
    Regular Member neuroblades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    1,240
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod8812 View Post
    Carry Concealed Deadly Weapons
    http://concealedcarryky.com/CCDW.html

    He lives in Kentucky and I am gonna take a guess that his mom lives in NC. He used a Kentucky term for the NC permit.
    You are correct on all points, sir. I had gone down on vacation to see my Mom and to do a roadtrip with her to do a freelance photo assignment in South Carolina. While I was there I learned that she had yet to turn in her paperwork for her concealed carry license, that's what prompted that urgent post the night before we were to go to the sheriff's depart. in Wake County, I believe it was.

    At any rate. I lit the fire under her to get it done and get it in the next day and I'm glad to say that it's currently in the process.

    It seems that every state has their own name for the concealed carry license. *LOL*

    Once again, I'd like to thank eveyone on the thread for all their assistance and help. It is was much appreciated! :-)
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    211

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by neuroblades View Post
    You are correct on all points, sir. I had gone down on vacation to see my Mom and to do a roadtrip with her to do a freelance photo assignment in South Carolina. While I was there I learned that she had yet to turn in her paperwork for her concealed carry license, that's what prompted that urgent post the night before we were to go to the sheriff's depart. in Wake County, I believe it was.

    At any rate. I lit the fire under her to get it done and get it in the next day and I'm glad to say that it's currently in the process.

    It seems that every state has their own name for the concealed carry license. *LOL*

    Once again, I'd like to thank eveyone on the thread for all their assistance and help. It is was much appreciated! :-)
    Glad she got everything turned in

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •