• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TIME CRITICAL: How Long Is CCDW Paperwork Good For.

neuroblades

My Mom took the CCDW class back in 2012 and received her paperwork dated Sept. 2012. She has yet to turn her paperwork into the Sheriff's office and now that I'm visiting her I've lit the fire under her to take the paperwork into the S.O. to turn it in. My query is, is it too late? After the applicant has received their paperwork to turn into their S.O., how long do they have to do so?

chiefjason

She should be fine but she needs to make the appointment ASAP. Some Sheriff's get a bit weird about it though. My county, Burke, is running about 3-4 months out on appointments just to turn IN the paperwork. Then the wait starts FOR the permit. It's crazy.

JABEACHFAN

My Mom took the CCDW class back in 2012 and received her paperwork dated Sept. 2012. She has yet to turn her paperwork into the Sheriff's office and now that I'm visiting her I've lit the fire under her to take the paperwork into the S.O. to turn it in. My query is, is it too late? After the applicant has received their paperwork to turn into their S.O., how long do they have to do so?

I don't think the paperwork is time sensitive. However your safety certificate is good for 1 year. When I took the class I took the certificate to the Forsyth County Sherrif's office. (there wasn't any sort of appt. setup for turning in paper. Pretty much you just talk to the clerk and pay for the fingerprints and notary. They walk you to the machine and get your fingerprints and then they submit all that to the sherriff. From there they notify you by phone when you application is done. I think they have 90 days to make a decision but its been a while since I looked into it.

Sorry for the grammer/spelling/run on sentences.

neuroblades

To everyone that replied, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to answer my query about this. She was afraid that she had waited too long to turn it in for her concealed carry. Personally, I don't know why she has waited this long to move forward with this. The very day I got my paperwork back in the mail along with my photo (Kentucky), I was straight out the door and en route to the Sheriff's Office with it. *LOL*

papa bear

WTH is a CCDW? never heard of it

JAB if you are talking about a CHP. you are supposed to get it in 45 days. i have heard of some getting it in 3 weeks

WalkingWolf

You have one year to turn in your paperwork from a CHP class.

What county is she in? Harnett county has a 4 month backlog on appointments to turn in paperwork.

Last edited:

JABEACHFAN

WTH is a CCDW? never heard of it

JAB if you are talking about a CHP. you are supposed to get it in 45 days. i have heard of some getting it in 3 weeks

Yes, I was talking about CHP. I havn't heard of CCDW but I assumed he/she meant CHP. I shouldn't have assumed that. Maybe OP can clarify what CCDW is.

neuroblades

Carry Concealed Deadly Weapons
http://concealedcarryky.com/CCDW.html

He lives in Kentucky and I am gonna take a guess that his mom lives in NC. He used a Kentucky term for the NC permit.

You are correct on all points, sir. I had gone down on vacation to see my Mom and to do a roadtrip with her to do a freelance photo assignment in South Carolina. While I was there I learned that she had yet to turn in her paperwork for her concealed carry license, that's what prompted that urgent post the night before we were to go to the sheriff's depart. in Wake County, I believe it was.

At any rate. I lit the fire under her to get it done and get it in the next day and I'm glad to say that it's currently in the process.

It seems that every state has their own name for the concealed carry license. *LOL*

Once again, I'd like to thank eveyone on the thread for all their assistance and help. It is was much appreciated! :)

hotrod08

You are correct on all points, sir. I had gone down on vacation to see my Mom and to do a roadtrip with her to do a freelance photo assignment in South Carolina. While I was there I learned that she had yet to turn in her paperwork for her concealed carry license, that's what prompted that urgent post the night before we were to go to the sheriff's depart. in Wake County, I believe it was.

At any rate. I lit the fire under her to get it done and get it in the next day and I'm glad to say that it's currently in the process.

It seems that every state has their own name for the concealed carry license. *LOL*

Once again, I'd like to thank eveyone on the thread for all their assistance and help. It is was much appreciated! :)

Glad she got everything turned in :exclaim: :banana: