• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Tale of Henrico - Chapter 2 in a Ferry Tale - Arrested for following the law

Rusty Young Man

Since July of 2008? That's one heck of a dedicated troll.

They may be what we would call "sleepers". Besides putting us to sleep with their nonsensical walls of rubbish, these statists and facilitators of despotism tend to infiltrate and then remain "dormant" within a Freedom-loving organization, acting as spies to get the latest news of our actions before we reveal them to the general public.:D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Agent provocateur

I have been an avid follower of this site for a very long time, and a supporter of CC and OC i personally CC myself with time spent in the military as a U.S Army MP with tours in Iraq.

I have personal information regarding this story as we will call it. I would like to first off say that what you may have heard from the original story is not the truth of what actually happened this day.

I am here to set the record straight and what you all choose to believe is your businesses. Mr. Cory did brandish his fire arm at the school bus. Here is a classic case of road rage due to not getting his way being stuck behind slow moving school bus's in a rush or what ever happened. Drawing a fire arm while driving down a road is not smart in the first place but doing it in front of or near a school bus loaded with children is something in it's own. You all should do better to remember that both of the bus's where loaded with Children... Now I know some of you all know how the rite way to carry a weapon, plain and simple. Now lets hear the wrong way. It goes like this and these are the real truthful facts of what actually happened. Mr. Cory was driving his white Subaru down the road he was agitated we can assume from being stuck behind slow moving school bus's, he proceeded to pass the school bus and rite before a light he cut over in front of the lead school bus he then proceeded to make gestures at the school bus. He then proceeded to pull a handgun from a unseen location and hold it up at rear view mirror height while loading a magazine into his weapon. The bus driver with a load of CHILDREN was in fear of the safety of the kids on board. Those are the facts and for the statements of the bus driver changing his story over in over.. that is no true, the bus driver has had the same story since the incident happened i know because i heard his original statement along with the statement he gave both times in court. Mr. Cory is the only person who has changed his story multiple times, he stated first he didn't even have a weapon in his hand then he went on later to say that he did and he was placing it in a holster....

Now again i fall back on my years of experience with weapons and the majority of weapons i have handled and used... and i pose the same question to you all. I have never once needed to draw my weapon while in my personal vehicle for any reason. I have pulled my weapon out of my holster to place it in a locked location when i was entering a business or court or other location that does not permit firearms. I have never needed to load my weapon for any reason while i was in my personal vehicle (kinda dumb in my eyes to walk out of my house carrying a unloaded weapon)

I am stating the truthful facts for everyone so that i can maybe get threw to some of you all that are donating money to someone who is truly guilty of not only stupidity but endangering the life of children plain and simple.

Also this seems to have spawned a new thing for some of you all, I have first hand knowledge that someone who has been following this story has approached people who work for the school and threatened them. I pose the question is that who we want to be known as? A group of thugs carrying guns who threaten people?

I personally carry my firearm to protect my family, myself and anyone who may be in danger within reason.

I know for a fact just by reading the comments and statements people have said here that none of y'all actually have the real facts. I have given them to you so before you jump all down my throat or fire off response's think about it for one second.. The person in question making the statement that this man brandished his firearm is a gun enthusiast himself an avid hunter. Who knows how to use and operate a fire arm as well as most of us. What would he have to gain by saying this man did all this? No monetary gains nothing he gained has helped him at all.

So again think for a minute about it. Not everyone is out to stop us from using our rites and just maybe this guy didn't acutally do what he told everyone he has done. Every person in jail always says there innocent they didn't commit the crime. .5% it's actually true but the rest the are guilty, and this gentleman is guilty. He is lucky he didn't get anything worse with all the hype of school shootings and crazy people with guns. Are jobs as supporters of our Rites is to educate and inform people of the truth not to play into the stereo type.

I just hope some of you will come to your sense and think how smart of an idea it was to play with a firearm in front of a school bus or anyone you don't intend to kill.. That's the motto don't point it at anything your not willing to kill.

Thanks for reading, and if i wasted your time sorry but you all deserve to know the truth.
--snipped for brevity-- refer above as need be--

Extremely strange post after a hiatus of 5 years.

I would have thought with this wealth of information (personal first hand knowledge?) that you would have been called as a prosecution witness in both trials. Yet you were not. That alone casts a shadow on your claims. Somehow I suspect you were not on the scene at all - therefore everything you have said/implied would be hearsay at best and untruthful on the face of it, because you claim to know the truth.

Then there is the matter of being behind a slow moving school bus - you apparently chose to ignore than MR Corry had a video cam running. He was never "behind" the bus.

He also did not load the gun, insert the magazine while in the car. It was already loaded with a magazine - he tapped the mag to make sure it was seated.

He did not point the gun at anyone. He did not play with the gun. It was impossible for his gun to be viewed via a rear vision mirror.

You play the "children" card as an ace in the hole - children present does not make having a gun a crime.

We also have a transcript of both trials and are fully aware of where inconsistencies have occurred and they were not Mr. Corry's.

You again claim first hand knowledge (you were there again?) of a threat made to people who work for the school and threatened them. There is a proper response to such acts and posting unfounded statements not supported by evidence is not one of those.

The Brandishing law is not constructed so that the imagined fear of a person equates to guilt. Intent is fundamental to the charge and was distinctly lacking in this case. If a threat was made, then the more correct charge would have been Assault.

It occurs to me that to have been present (1st hand knowledge) of all of these incidents, that the only person that might have been in that position was the arresting officer and I don't recall his being on the bus, or the bus driver who would not have been there when Mr. Corry made his first statement......hmmmm....things just don't add up.

Normally I thank our military personnel for their service, but when that service is used as a symbol for veracity when assumptions, deceptions, exaggerations, and inaccuracies are so rampant, then I cannot extend that courtesy.

Actually, I appreciate your lengthy post as it will allow our readership to see the depth to which some will go to distort and demean the truth. Your post is herewith stamped FAIL.

kenny

I have been an avid follower of this site for a very long time, and a supporter of CC and OC i personally CC myself with time spent in the military as a U.S Army MP with tours in Iraq.

I have personal information regarding this story as we will call it. I would like to first off say that what you may have heard from the original story is not the truth of what actually happened this day.

I am here to set the record straight and what you all choose to believe is your businesses. Mr. Cory did brandish his fire arm at the school bus. Here is a classic case of road rage due to not getting his way being stuck behind slow moving school bus's in a rush or what ever happened. Drawing a fire arm while driving down a road is not smart in the first place but doing it in front of or near a school bus loaded with children is something in it's own. You all should do better to remember that both of the bus's where loaded with Children... Now I know some of you all know how the rite way to carry a weapon, plain and simple. Now lets hear the wrong way. It goes like this and these are the real truthful facts of what actually happened. Mr. Cory was driving his white Subaru down the road he was agitated we can assume from being stuck behind slow moving school bus's, he proceeded to pass the school bus and rite before a light he cut over in front of the lead school bus he then proceeded to make gestures at the school bus. He then proceeded to pull a handgun from a unseen location and hold it up at rear view mirror height while loading a magazine into his weapon. The bus driver with a load of CHILDREN was in fear of the safety of the kids on board. Those are the facts and for the statements of the bus driver changing his story over in over.. that is no true, the bus driver has had the same story since the incident happened i know because i heard his original statement along with the statement he gave both times in court. Mr. Cory is the only person who has changed his story multiple times, he stated first he didn't even have a weapon in his hand then he went on later to say that he did and he was placing it in a holster....

Now again i fall back on my years of experience with weapons and the majority of weapons i have handled and used... and i pose the same question to you all. I have never once needed to draw my weapon while in my personal vehicle for any reason. I have pulled my weapon out of my holster to place it in a locked location when i was entering a business or court or other location that does not permit firearms. I have never needed to load my weapon for any reason while i was in my personal vehicle (kinda dumb in my eyes to walk out of my house carrying a unloaded weapon)

I am stating the truthful facts for everyone so that i can maybe get threw to some of you all that are donating money to someone who is truly guilty of not only stupidity but endangering the life of children plain and simple.

Also this seems to have spawned a new thing for some of you all, I have first hand knowledge that someone who has been following this story has approached people who work for the school and threatened them. I pose the question is that who we want to be known as? A group of thugs carrying guns who threaten people?

I personally carry my firearm to protect my family, myself and anyone who may be in danger within reason.

I know for a fact just by reading the comments and statements people have said here that none of y'all actually have the real facts. I have given them to you so before you jump all down my throat or fire off response's think about it for one second.. The person in question making the statement that this man brandished his firearm is a gun enthusiast himself an avid hunter. Who knows how to use and operate a fire arm as well as most of us. What would he have to gain by saying this man did all this? No monetary gains nothing he gained has helped him at all.

So again think for a minute about it. Not everyone is out to stop us from using our rites and just maybe this guy didn't acutally do what he told everyone he has done. Every person in jail always says there innocent they didn't commit the crime. .5% it's actually true but the rest the are guilty, and this gentleman is guilty. He is lucky he didn't get anything worse with all the hype of school shootings and crazy people with guns. Are jobs as supporters of our Rites is to educate and inform people of the truth not to play into the stereo type.

I just hope some of you will come to your sense and think how smart of an idea it was to play with a firearm in front of a school bus or anyone you don't intend to kill.. That's the motto don't point it at anything your not willing to kill.

Thanks for reading, and if i wasted your time sorry but you all deserve to know the truth.

This one is just like the guy in Lynchburg who shot himself in the a$$. Of course he was charged under the law differently because of the bar/alcohol thing. But did not see all these do-gooders show up to support him. We have to realize there are still some people, mostly men who have straw for brains. So sorry everyone, the guy in Henrico needs to take his lumps.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This one is just like the guy in Lynchburg who shot himself in the a$$. Of course he was charged under the law differently because of the bar/alcohol thing. But did not see all these do-gooders show up to support him. We have to realize there are still some people, mostly men who have straw for brains. So sorry everyone, the guy in Henrico needs to take his lumps.

That's a shame to see Kenny that you think a man who did not violate the law should be found guilty and punished. The case was based/tried on part of the Brandishing law and not the complete text. In essence a gun anywhere near children and anyone having fear of what might happen shall cause you to be guilty of a crime. Deserves his "lumps"? Really?

We shall see when this is over and becomes history who has the clearer vison.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Since July of 2008? That's one heck of a dedicated troll.

Trolls aren't necessarily newcomers frank.

Take Kenny. He comes and then goes away for a while. One time he jumped in and accused OC'ers of shooting a machine gun because he heard one one night in the city.:lol:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I went back and looked at Morbid's twenty couple of posts. He doesn't look like a troll so I apologize for that.

Grapeshot covered the response well so I won't redo that.

I was at an event with Collegiate parents tonight and to say the least, they're concerned about how this was mishandled.

I've spent many hours with Corry going over this. I assume you got your side from Goodwin. I'd like to hear from HIM about the inconsistencies.
Pass that along to him.

Last edited:

Morbid

I went back and looked at Morbid's twenty couple of posts. He doesn't look like a troll so I apologize for that.

Grapeshot covered the response well so I won't redo that.

I was at an event with Collegiate parents tonight and to say the least, they're concerned about how this was mishandled.

I've spent many hours with Corry going over this. I assume you got your side from Goodwin. I'd like to hear from HIM about the inconsistencies.
Pass that along to him.

I am not a troll, and my grammar may not be what you all want but so what. My knowledge comes from working at the school, and i was present the day the witness came forward about what happened. As many of you know there are plenty of videos that have been edited to show what people want them to show. I.E the incident that just happened in NYC with the bikers and the SUV. I am just trying to show that what you all have heard or seen is not the complete truth. As far as the testimony goes after speaking with the arresting officer who was present during the initial trail and the follow up appeal and who took the original witness statement. The story from the witness was the same according to the officer. Not saying he isn't lying but again why? What reason would a 15+ year officer with a good record have to lie about this.

Also I am not using the Children as an ace in the hole. I was just letting everyone know so there was no doubt that there where children on those bus's.

Also from your own point of view of showing the Subaru from behind how could a bus driver higher up then that car be able to see directly, to even see a weapon being presented. Unless it was intentionally done to be shown. I personally never have to do a tap check, i know my weapon is loaded and my magazine is seated properly before i ever put it in my holster to begin with when i leave my home. The hole point of carrying a weapon is for defense of life. Not as a "hey look at me i have a gun I'm cool" or "let me do what i want i have a gun" There are tons and tons of people out there that do just those things.

I just can't figure out why you would need to do anything with your weapon sitting at a stop light, why not do it when he got to the restaurant before he exited the car? Why did he choose that very moment to do what he did with his weapon. I know the Military taught me one thing always be aware of your surroundings, and you don't have to support me for my service or thank me. It was my choice my job i did it you didn't do it for me, i don't need any special treatment for doing what i thought was rite. I hate that crap.

Just to clarify i am not a troll. I am just trying to give everyone a different look into this hole story. You all bash me for what i do know, and try to under rate what i have to say about the whole thing, that's fine at the end of the day the man was found guilty. It's done and over with and he even had his chance to appeal.

My question now is all you people who are donating your hard earned money to this guy.. How are you all going to feel if it really is his fault and he just made a stupid mistake. It seems kinda dumb to literally pay for someones mistake.

The only reason i even posted was because i have been a member here for a very long time and i saw people throwing money away and it just irritates me that someone would get over on you people. So choose to believe what you want as far as this post and my contribution are concerned i'm done, make your own mistakes and don't except other peoples help. That is exactly the opposite of what you all have done to help everyone that comes to this forum looking for information.

Again we as gun owners and user's of our rites are here to inform and educate not to pass judgement on what someone else did.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Pretty stupid post Morbid.

The police officer did not witness it and did not investigate. He got a warrant based on what he was told. I have a copy of the Police Officers sworn Criminal Complaint stating as much.

I and several others have the certified court reporters transcript...every word uttered during the trial. Did she alter it like you claim the video was altered?

That video couldn't have been altered to change the perspective that much.

Now you're changing your story and telling me you don't have first hand knowledge and weren't at the trial. Is there something in the water that compels everyone there to lie?

In nutshell....you know nothing!

And Please....When you talk about the "Hole story" or our "Rites"....don't use the word "We".

Last edited:

thedevilrobyjohn

my rites

Pretty stupid post Morbid.

The police officer did not witness it and did not investigate. He got a warrant based on what he was told. I have a copy of the Police Officers sworn Criminal Complaint stating as much.

I and several others have the certified court reporters transcript...every word uttered during the trial. Did she alter it like you claim the video was altered?

That video couldn't have been altered to change the perspective that much.

Now you're changing your story and telling me you don't have first hand knowledge and weren't at the trial. Is there something in the water that compels everyone there to lie?

In nutshell....you know nothing!

And Please....When you talk about the "Hole story" or our "Rites"....don't use the word "We".

not to be devils advocate, but what rite do you have to tell the hole story. I dont except it, Peter. This is pun. Look for a contribution if we ever get out of these hospitals or ill at least (by) you another meal , scouser. Honestly this all scares me...if nothing else, we all learn to watch our asses more...guess ill have to go underground to quick draw and twirl practice, not my back yard adjacent to a school...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--

Again we as gun owners and user's of our rites are here to inform and educate not to pass judgement on what someone else did.

Yet that is exactly and precisely what you are doing.

You sir, doth protest too much, methinks. (with apology to the Bard) Of course that is no surprise.

BTW - for your edification and illumination, it is far from over.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Morbid

Someone wondered how and why that nom de plume was selected - though maybe the shoe did fit quite well.
mor·bid (môr
prime.gif
b
ibreve.gif
d)adj.
  • a. Of, relating to, or caused by disease; pathological or diseased.
  • b. Psychologically unhealthy or unwholesome
2. Characterized by preoccupation with unwholesome thoughts or feelings

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Morbid

What reason would a 15+ year officer with a good record have to lie about this.

Is this a serious question?

Every time you come up with something like this, I become more assured that you're full of crap.
Constipation can be most disconcerting.

Neither the officer's veracity, possible conflict of interest, nor investigative parameters are being challenged.......at this juncture.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Constipation can be most disconcerting.

Neither the officer's veracity, possible conflict of interest, nor investigative parameters are being challenged.......at this juncture.

Sure, they don't need to be, as he wasn't a witness. But with such a well-documented tradition of testilying in my mind, such appeals to the inherent veracity of law enforcement have, indeed, not no effect, but entire the contrary effect.

The Wolfhound

Our dear EXPERT.....

Who has never loaded a firearm in his car has obviously never carried. Try not loading if one visits a gun show, just one of the places where a change from loaded to unloaded is necessary. Mag out, chamber empty, safety band on, verified by law enforcement. Back in the car, mag in, round chambered, returned to holster. BS we must put up with or simply go unarmed. Your veracity, sir I do most heartily impune! Your claims are untrue so I must doubt the rest of your statements as their equal. Someone get me a manure spreader 'cause we just had a load dumped in our midst.:cuss:

We-the-People

Who has never loaded a firearm in his car has obviously never carried. Try not loading if one visits a gun show, just one of the places where a change from loaded to unloaded is necessary. Mag out, chamber empty, safety band on, verified by law enforcement. Back in the car, mag in, round chambered, returned to holster. BS we must put up with or simply go unarmed. Your veracity, sir I do most heartily impune! Your claims are untrue so I must doubt the rest of your statements as their equal. Someone get me a manure spreader 'cause we just had a load dumped in our midst.:cuss:

I carry every day and have never been to a gun show since I started carrying......I DO NOT disarm. So while I get your point, the choice of analogy isn't necessarily a good one. Just saying.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I have a pretty good track record when it comes to analyzing criminal cases, and coming up with a workable scenario from vague and conflicting facts. A big part of this, I believe, comes from careful consideration of human motivations, actions, etc.

That's not to say I can ever know the facts. That's not to say I can't be wrong. But it is to say at this point I've been around the block a few times, and have a pretty good ability to say whether a story is plausible and even likely. (Right off the bat, for instance, who waits until after they've passed someone to get all road-ragey on them? :rolleyes:)

In my opinion, the load that has been dropped in our midst fails both my smell test, and the general fecal odor test.

It's clear we are now being treated to a thirdhand version of, most likely, the bus driver's story.

Last edited: