Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 Walmarts = no ammo

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

3 Walmarts = no ammo

Went to 3 different Wallyworlds tonight....there was not a single handgun round to be found anywhere!

Its not getting any better, folks.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

I routinely frequent 4 different Super Walmarts in the Fredericksburg and King George areas. Same story. I haven't seen a box of handgun ammo for weeks on end. I always swing by the ammo counter. Occasionally they'll have a handful of oddball rifle ammo, and a few boxes of shotgun shells.

Crazy.

TFred

Banned
    has not been any in mine in months ...

Never was a fan of Wally World.

Staff usually were dumber than a box of rocks and didn't understand the difference between range and duty ammo.

Town Police Supply and Bob Moates are within 2 miles of my house. They have had what I needed. Price is 60% higher than at Thanksgiving, but when you need it there is not much choice.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Same here. I even stopped by the Walmart in Blackstone and they were cleaned out. I hear rumors that Farmville Walmart has ammo but it's out of my way and I doubt it's true anyway.

Thank Heaven I handload!

You're right Jim, it isn't getting better and I don't expect it to for at least a year. Even then, the Obama boys and girls may still be reintroducing panic every month or so.
    Last edited by peter nap; 04-24-2013 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    Went to 3 different Wallyworlds tonight....there was not a single handgun round to be found anywhere!

Jim, thats nothing... two weeks ago I hit over TEN Walmarts in Virginia and MD (made a circular route up through N.Va and into MD down 301). Empty shelves at every one! A couple had a few oddball rifle calibers... most had some shotgun shells of one size or another...but no handgun, and no rimfire. (Even though some of the Walmarts that I visited showed ammo 'in stock' on their webpage)

Buying for resale???

About a month ago, I saw employees of a local pawn shop that is also a gun shop buying their limit. The pawn shop has plenty of ammo... I wonder if those with retail shops are buying what is out there and putting it on their shelves?

I have resorted to online purchase of ammo. I can buy ammo at the range but they will only sell one box and it has to be used at the range.

Got a fair price at http://www.Bulkammo.com. I was steered there by this site: http://www.gunbot.net

I have occasionally found a box or two in our local Walmart, but there are people there at 6:30am waiting until the guy brings it out at ~7:45am. I also note that rarely do they (WalMart) enforce the supposed 3 box limit on anyone.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

It really IS arriving..

My local Walmart is getting ammo. Probably as much as ever. Really! The demand is very high and the ammo that would have been sitting on the shelf last year is going out the door within an hour of arrival. I see new ammo come in 2 or more times a week. When empty shelves are the normal condition, people will buy as much as they can (3 box limit) when ever they see it, since they do not when it will be available again. Panic drives the demand which then drives the panic. No, I am not telling you which Walmart or what time of day I go there.
    Last edited by The Wolfhound; 04-24-2013 at 11:17 AM.
    Appleseed, Virginia State Coordinator
    Are you a Rifleman yet?
    http://appleseedinfo.org

Gun shop by my house down here has a bunch of stuff in stock.

But WalMart? Forget it. They're still selling everything to "friends and family."

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Same here. I even stopped by the Walmart in Blackstone and they were cleaned out. I hear rumors that Farmville Walmart has ammo but it's out of my way and I doubt it's true anyway.
    All out here as well.

Thank Heaven I handload!
    Yep. Me too!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

walked out with 3 boxes of .223 this mornin, course considering I live on the other side of the country it don't help you much. however have to stake out the truck.

wal-mart, I should clarify is where this ammo was purchased
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 04-24-2013 at 11:27 PM.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

See, it is coming in...

You finding any .223 at any Walmart is a good sign. Last night my local got one case (10 boxes) of CCI Tactical .22LR in 375 round bulk packs. That is the second time in 2 weeks for that product. They also got 1oz. 7 1/2 loads for 12 Ga. No handgun ammo in that shipment. I got my limit of .22LR. Another shopper got his. Yet another shopper got 3 boxes of the 12Ga. Between the 3 of us the shipment was seriously depleted but it did come in and WAS there, briefly.
    Appleseed, Virginia State Coordinator
    Are you a Rifleman yet?
    http://appleseedinfo.org

Short pump got in 2 cases of the WWB .40 100-round packs this morning. Can't say whether its still there or not.

I won't be happy until all the asses stop hogging all the .22.

.22 is for shooting dammit! Not hoarding.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    With many thanks to a member here (who may want to remain anonymous), I was able to secure a very good quantity of .22LR and then some .40S&W at another Walmart.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Stopped by Walmart on OFR last night and found a few dozen boxes of 410, 7mm, 223, 40S&W and a bunch of CCI 22 WMR. Don't yet have an AR15 put together so didn't get anything. No 9 or 45.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

This hasn't been my experience. 9mm is the one I'm not seeing anywhere, glad I got away from Nato calibers during the first AWB nonsense.

Just today locally what I saw at one store
    50bxs win .223- 20rd bxs
    25bxs tula 7.62x39-20rd bxs
    3bxs fed 22lf- 325rd bxs
    10bxs win 45acp-100rd bxs
    20bxs tula brass 40sw-50rd bxs
    20bxs tuls steel 40sw -50rd bxs
    1bx win .357sig-50rd bxs
    some 16, 12ga, 270, 30-06, 243.
    Lots of 300wsm, 7mm,410 and 20ga.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

I'm sure Mr. Obama will never sign this, but it's a good idea.

TFred

http://www.thegunmag.com/inhofe-luca...ovt-ammo-buys/

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    I'm sure Mr. Obama will never sign this, but it's a good idea.

TFred

http://www.thegunmag.com/inhofe-luca...ovt-ammo-buys/
    It'll never get to his desk...

Roscoe
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

When the feds purchase large quantities of ammo it has the effect of creating a shortage in the market place. Why does our government need so much ammo?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...r-person-than/
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." Thomas Jefferson (quoting Cesare Beccaria)

Re: 3 Walmarts = no ammo

I don't know why people are complaining. Quit your bitching and get up early. I just stopped at Walmart and picked up 150 rounds of brass max 223 at 35 cents a round after tax.

Walmart is getting it, Saturday and Monday are your best bet. Get there by 7-7:30.

Don't pat ridiculous Internet prices.

9mm is a completely different story, that stuff is hard to find.

Update : just got 150 rounds of steel cased 9mm from a different Walmart

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by JesterP99; 04-27-2013 at 08:30 AM.

Considering most WalMarts are open 24/7, and they don't magically unload the trucks right at 6:45, it actually makes much more sense to get there around 1-2 AM.

That shouldn't be necessary, however. Some of us are too busy to buy ammo when it suits the ammo. There's no time of day I am guaranteed to be free, and under normal market conditions I could go at my convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterP99 View Post
    Update : just got 150 rounds of steel cased 9mm from a different Walmart
    That doesn't qualify as ammo.
    Last edited by marshaul; 04-27-2013 at 08:33 AM.

Re: 3 Walmarts = no ammo

They do unload the trucks earlier than that but in my experience, they won't put it out, or says they have it until the manager comes in at 7am. And it's understandable that your schedule doesn't allow for you to get up and go to Walmart but going to 3 different Walmarts in the middle of the week and saying there isn't any ammo doesn't really justify saying that it's getting worse.

In fact, just this morning, the sporting goods manager at my Walmart told me that he has been getting more shipments of ammo a week than normal.
    If anything, we should be mad at local gun store owners who are taking advantage of us.

I want a bumper sticker that says "I don't support local businesses that don't support me."

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast