• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

3 Walmarts = no ammo

TFred

I routinely frequent 4 different Super Walmarts in the Fredericksburg and King George areas. Same story. I haven't seen a box of handgun ammo for weeks on end. I always swing by the ammo counter. Occasionally they'll have a handful of oddball rifle ammo, and a few boxes of shotgun shells.

Crazy.

TFred

va_tazdad

Never was a fan of Wally World.

Staff usually were dumber than a box of rocks and didn't understand the difference between range and duty ammo.

Town Police Supply and Bob Moates are within 2 miles of my house. They have had what I needed. Price is 60% higher than at Thanksgiving, but when you need it there is not much choice.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Same here. I even stopped by the Walmart in Blackstone and they were cleaned out. I hear rumors that Farmville Walmart has ammo but it's out of my way and I doubt it's true anyway.

Thank Heaven I handload!

You're right Jim, it isn't getting better and I don't expect it to for at least a year. Even then, the Obama boys and girls may still be reintroducing panic every month or so.

Last edited:

Blk97F150

Went to 3 different Wallyworlds tonight....there was not a single handgun round to be found anywhere!

Its not getting any better, folks.

Jim, thats nothing... two weeks ago I hit over TEN Walmarts in Virginia and MD (made a circular route up through N.Va and into MD down 301). Empty shelves at every one! A couple had a few oddball rifle calibers... most had some shotgun shells of one size or another...but no handgun, and no rimfire. :cuss: (Even though some of the Walmarts that I visited showed ammo 'in stock' on their webpage)

Table

Buying for resale???

About a month ago, I saw employees of a local pawn shop that is also a gun shop buying their limit. The pawn shop has plenty of ammo... I wonder if those with retail shops are buying what is out there and putting it on their shelves?

nuc65

Activist Member
I have occasionally found a box or two in our local Walmart, but there are people there at 6:30am waiting until the guy brings it out at ~7:45am. I also note that rarely do they (WalMart) enforce the supposed 3 box limit on anyone.

The Wolfhound

It really IS arriving..

My local Walmart is getting ammo. Probably as much as ever. Really! The demand is very high and the ammo that would have been sitting on the shelf last year is going out the door within an hour of arrival. I see new ammo come in 2 or more times a week. When empty shelves are the normal condition, people will buy as much as they can (3 box limit) when ever they see it, since they do not when it will be available again. Panic drives the demand which then drives the panic. No, I am not telling you which Walmart or what time of day I go there.

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

walked out with 3 boxes of .223 this mornin, course considering I live on the other side of the country it don't help you much. however have to stake out the truck.

wal-mart, I should clarify is where this ammo was purchased

Last edited:

The Wolfhound

See, it is coming in...

You finding any .223 at any Walmart is a good sign. Last night my local got one case (10 boxes) of CCI Tactical .22LR in 375 round bulk packs. That is the second time in 2 weeks for that product. They also got 1oz. 7 1/2 loads for 12 Ga. No handgun ammo in that shipment. I got my limit of .22LR. Another shopper got his. Yet another shopper got 3 boxes of the 12Ga. Between the 3 of us the shipment was seriously depleted but it did come in and WAS there, briefly:rolleyes:.

nuc65

Activist Member
Stopped by Walmart on OFR last night and found a few dozen boxes of 410, 7mm, 223, 40S&W and a bunch of CCI 22 WMR. Don't yet have an AR15 put together so didn't get anything. No 9 or 45.

Marco

Went to 3 different Wallyworlds tonight....there was not a single handgun round to be found anywhere!

Its not getting any better, folks.

This hasn't been my experience. 9mm is the one I'm not seeing anywhere, glad I got away from Nato calibers during the first AWB nonsense.

Just today locally what I saw at one store
50bxs win .223- 20rd bxs
25bxs tula 7.62x39-20rd bxs
3bxs fed 22lf- 325rd bxs
10bxs win 45acp-100rd bxs
20bxs tula brass 40sw-50rd bxs
20bxs tuls steel 40sw -50rd bxs
1bx win .357sig-50rd bxs
some 16, 12ga, 270, 30-06, 243.
Lots of 300wsm, 7mm,410 and 20ga.