• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Florida Carry legal victory makes way for constitutional challenge to Open Carry Ban

77zach

Who knows, Zach. 1st DCA took damn near a year to decide FC v. UNF after orals. But that was a civil case, not criminal.

And then we're not even done, we still have to deal with the state "supreme"ct which will take another year, all for an unfavorable outcome. The results have nothing to do with the merits of the case and everything to do with the bias of the judges. A Maryland district judge just declared semi-automatic rifles "dangerous and unusual" ( thanks Scalia) and so called the state's new ban constitutional. This is what we're dealing with. Meanwhile, we probably lose a progun governor and close any legislative hope.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
And then we're not even done, we still have to deal with the state "supreme"ct which will take another year, all for an unfavorable outcome. The results have nothing to do with the merits of the case and everything to do with the bias of the judges. A Maryland district judge just declared semi-automatic rifles "dangerous and unusual" ( thanks Scalia) and so called the state's new ban constitutional. This is what we're dealing with. Meanwhile, we probably lose a progun governor and close any legislative hope.

What are you talking about? UNF wasn't appealed to the supreme ct.

77zach

Not necessarily.

Well, if the state loses I think there's about a 99% chance they'll appeal. It's what they do, they have unlimited funds, and it's what they believe in.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/08/daniel-zimmerman/aba-part-mission-gun-control/

If you all lose as I expect (because the game is rigged), you may as well press on. You've come this far! I just hope law makers don't totally neglect it because they think this case is going to fix everything. Sen Evers said he would try again some day.

Last edited:

Rich7553

What you're overlooking is the potential political and financial fallout on an AG who promotes herself as pro-2A and whose husband owns a gun shop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

77zach

What you're overlooking is the potential political and financial fallout on an AG who promotes herself as pro-2A and whose husband owns a gun shop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

The gun shop owners I've talked to have been anti OC. Not a huge sample size but 3-4. The owner of Shoot Straight came out against it on TV. They want people to spend money at their shops getting massa's privilege cards to carry concealed. Amerikan voters seem to have a short memory when it comes to a politician's judicial career.

I'll stop being negative until the case is decided, I'm starting to sound like a broken record. Maybe I'm not giving this particular kourt enough credit. I'd like to be wrong so the FL subforum can finally join in the OC conversation!

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
The gun shop owners I've talked to have been anti OC. Not a huge sample size but 3-4. The owner of Shoot Straight came out against it on TV. They want people to spend money at their shops getting massa's privilege cards to carry concealed. Amerikan voters seem to have a short memory when it comes to a politician's judicial career.

Damn, gun stores in your state suck. In Virginia and in my experience, OC is the norm in gun shops, for staff and custo

77zach

Damn, gun stores in your state suck. In Virginia and in my experience, OC is the norm in gun shops, for staff and custo

Correct. I've spent a lot of time in Va and Fl and Va's are far better. A lot of the ones in Fl are just rude. The norm in Florida is: "NO LOADED FIREARMS BEYOND THIS POINT EXCEPT LAW ENFORCEMENT". I go in and look at the gun, and then tell them I'm ordering online because of their sign. I also remind them of the statistic that CWFL holders in Florida are 10 times less likely to commit a crime with a gun than the stupid police.

The small mom and pop gun shops I have seen OC, and they tend to be friendly, with no sign. They also seem to be getting more rare.

Fl gun exchange in Ormond Beach is an exception. They are a massive operation and have been very nice and all employees OC.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I'll stop being negative until the case is decided, I'm starting to sound like a broken record.

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Such failure often leads to fighting battles already lost, it's that lack of accurate observation that leads them to beleive that it is not so... Kinda like Our Liberal Friends identified by Reagan... It's not that they're wrong. It's that they know so many things that aren't so...

I stand by my promise to print out and eat every word I've said on the topic that Floriduh will never be a Gold Star OC State. I'd love to be wrong, but there are few things I've been so right about... It's not going to happen. Not the least cause due to those leading the charge having stars in their eyes... Being busy, spending money, looking good; but accomplishing nothing of consequence. And that isn't a passing of judgement, it's a fact of circumstance. It's an extreme longshot, and certainly not by the path chosen.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Correct. I've spent a lot of time in Va and Fl and Va's are far better. A lot of the ones in Fl are just rude. The norm in Florida is: "NO LOADED FIREARMS BEYOND THIS POINT EXCEPT LAW ENFORCEMENT". I go in and look at the gun, and then tell them I'm ordering online because of their sign. I also remind them of the statistic that CWFL holders in Florida are 10 times less likely to commit a crime with a gun than the stupid police.

FFLs are on the dole. They toe the line for their masters and get rewarded, royally, for doing it. Monopoly is very profitable. I've relegated myself to making my guns, not buying them; simply to avoid giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

I don't just avoid them with my money, I waste their time. I ask questions, fondle, then leave. If they want my gun at the door, I fumble around, drop it, muzzle sweep the assho|e standing there... I get it all wrong on purpose, let them see my big pile of money, and then leave with it. Before going, I might show them some cool videos of the stuff I've made. Neuro-typical trash selling us out.

If I want to buy a gun, I'll buy it from an individual, cash, face to face. Not becasue I want to stay off paper, but becasue I won't give my money to the enemy unless I have no choice. And I do have a choice. Untill My Fellow Americans throw it away like everything else...

Last edited:

77zach

http://www.4dca.org/calendar/11-6-14OA - SPECIAL OA.pdf

Pushed back another month. Obviously, the best bone this kourt will throw us is licensed OC. If they thought a right may be infringed they shouldn't take a year to get around deciding. Or maybe they do think so. Either way they don't really care or are working to purposely get it wrong.

We avoided the two judges who hate guns (if skin color is a reliable indicator, which it is). That Klingensmith guy looks a little crazy, Ciklin looks like a sharp conservative, the lady I can't tell, it says she does a lot of stuff with kids. Sometimes that means we have to get rid of all guns to protect the children.

Last edited:

randian

"Continually delay" is what the 9th Circuit does. You can't appeal until there's actually a decision, and in the mean time you're screwed. "Justice delayed is justice denied" seems to have been lost in the courts, since higher courts won't press lower ones for faster decisions.

77zach

"Continually delay" is what the 9th Circuit does. You can't appeal until there's actually a decision, and in the mean time you're screwed. "Justice delayed is justice denied" seems to have been lost in the courts, since higher courts won't press lower ones for faster decisions.

It takes work to call a basic right a privilege. In the NY and MD cases with their "may issue" laws it took a lot of BS verbiage to deny the people their natural, civil, and Constitutionally protected right to bear arms. I was accused of "ranting" in those cases but sadly I was right about the outcomes. This Fl case is at least as difficult for them because we have other Fl courts affirming that the CWFL is indeed a privilege. This decision has to be reversed or somehow ignored.

Last edited: