• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Survey, South Puget Sound Community College

Bill Starks

State Researcher
found this on another site....

South Puget Sound Community College, is seeking to reverse its long time policy of allowing firearms on their campus, they have put out a survey for any resident of Washington state, to decide on their new policy.

The vote is anonymous and requires nothing besides clicking one option and submit.

I could go on and on about how stupid and ineffective this policy would be, but everyone here already knows that.

Please take the split second it would take to vote, who knows it might prevent the next Virginia Tech incident.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/82M92CM

mikeyb

I voted for none of the options, they weren't worth my support. I commented on how, as an educational institution (funded in part by gov't), prohibit a citizen's right to express their constitutional rights?

Colleges are all about the 1st amendment, but start going to another one it's like "Whoa! No, sir, that is NOT permitted in this institution! Good day!"

Whitney

Hypocrites

[h=2]http://www.spscc.ctc.edu/getting-to-know-us/administration/policies/non-discrimination
Our Commitment to Equal Opportunity[/h][h=3][/h][h=3][/h]South Puget Sound Community College is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in education and employment. The College does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, sexual identity, marital status, religion, disability, or on any other unlawful basis. The College is committed to preventing and stopping discrimination, including harassment, on any of these unlawful bases and any associated retaliatory behavior. All employees and students must be allowed to work and learn in an environment free from discrimination.
Any person who believes that s/he has been discriminated against may pursue an institutional complaint and/or may pursue other remedies provided by law. Procedures for filing discrimination complaints on the basis of disability discrimination or denial of accommodations are addressed separately by the South Puget Sound Community College Procedures and Appeals Process for Accommodating Students with Disabilities and Disability Discrimination Complaints. Those procedures may be found at the College’s Disability Support Services Office, at the College’s Human Resources Office, and at the Hawks Prairie campus front desk, at Procedures and Appeals Process for Accommodating Students with Disabilities and Disability Discrimination Complaints. (pdf)
The procedures for filing discrimination, sexual harassment and all other complaints may be found in the Title IX Non-Discrimination Policy (pdf). Hard copies of the policy and procedures are available at the Office of the Chief of Human Resources, the Office of the Vice President of Student Services, and the Hawks Prairie campus front desk.
The Chief of Human Resources Office (Chief “HRO”) is the designated employee responsible for the College’s compliance with anti-discrimination laws and investigations of discrimination complaints. Contact information for the Chief HRO is:(360) 596-5361, 2011 Mottman Road S.W., Olympia, Washington 98512.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We need to work on getting recognition and protection under equal protection laws. Could it be considered a "hate crime" if I were assaulted because of my stance on the second amendment?

~Whitney