Thread: Gun control groups going after companies that "allow open carry"

Gun control groups going after companies that "allow open carry"

Found this on facebook tonight...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	momsboycott.jpg 
Views:	627 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	10300

Obviously that's very important, with all the open carriers shooting up everywhere they go.
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

While this is not new news (been going on for about a year, IIRC) it is important to notice that they just keep hammering away at the same spot. I guess the theory behind that is that if they keep hitting it eventually it will weaken and break.

While I would dearly love to see businesses go after them for tortious interference with commerce http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tortious_interference I also understand why they do not. There is more business to lose by actually slapping at the gnat than by ignoring it.

The irony of their actions is that they all claim to fear shootouts by the evil gun-toters who cannot be trusted to maintain self control - and yet they plunk themselves down right in the middle of all those evil gun-toters who cannot be trusted to maintain self control and verbally annoy and abuse them to the point that the evil gun-toters actually maintain self control. It is all so confusing - it makes my head hurt.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Banned
    While they may lose some customers for respecting the rights of all, they have also gained customers. At worst it has been a wash because all kinds of meetups have been scheduled at Starbucks as a result of their stance on OC.

BTW, these moronic "moms" need to know that their children are safer around a lawfully armed citizen. Mass shooters don't go to Starbucks and kill children. They go to Sandy Hook, where there are no carriers.

instead of the liberal words of gun control. let's call it what it is gun infringement. this would be far more accurate and maybe get the sleeping awake
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Re: Gun control groups going after companies that "allow open carry"

Remind me to sue Ford, when someone hits me with a vehicle made buy them..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

$2 Bills for 2A

This is why I use $2 bills when I purchase things at Starbucks and other establishments that support 2nd Amendment rights.
    The bills make them curious (most have never seen one) and gives an opportunity to start a conversation.

-MH
    Last edited by March Hare; 04-24-2013 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Spelling and punctuation... DOH!
    $2 Bill - Calling Card of the 2A Movement
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    Seriously, who is John Galt?
    Vires et honestas

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by March Hare View Post
    This is why I use $2 bills when I purchase things as Starbucks and other establishments that support 2nd Amendment rights.
    The bills make them curious (most have never seen one) and gives an opportunity to start a conversation.

-MH
    Hmmmm....The $2 bill as the calling card of the 2A advocate. I like that. I am gonna stock up on $2 bills and use them EVERYWHERE!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Ha! I really like that idea as well!

I also like the idea, count me in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    ...The irony of their actions is that they all claim to fear shootouts by the evil gun-toters who cannot be trusted to maintain self control - and yet they plunk themselves down right in the middle of all those evil gun-toters who cannot be trusted to maintain self control and verbally annoy and abuse them to the point that the evil gun-toters actually maintain self control. It is all so confusing - it makes my head hurt...

stay safe.
    Well put!

Banned

Here's an idea so that we can get an inkling of how well the $2 symbol is working. Write an "A" next to the 2 in the lower left corner of the bill, so that it says "2A." Just that one corner. Then spend the bill. See if you can spot any bills passed by others.

<o>

This 2 dollar bill idea is the best thing i thought up in a long time I'm glad it is catching on so well

Spread the word 2 dollar bills will soon be harder to find than ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Troy bilt View Post
    This 2 dollar bill idea is the best thing i thought up in a long time I'm glad it is catching on so well

Spread the word 2 dollar bills will soon be harder to find than ammo
    Not at the rate our .gov prints money.

Quote Originally Posted by newmedic View Post
    Found this on facebook tonight...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	momsboycott.jpg 
Views:	627 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	10300
    This is an old issue and with only "611 likes", I don't think I'm going to worry about this. If you go to the Starbucks Facebook page, for every one of these folks posting their "I won't do business" with you threat, they get about 30, 2A folks that thank them for honoring the constitution or their policy on following the local state law.

If you want to do something....go post a support comment here.

https://www.facebook.com/Starbucks

Or go to their facebook page and leave a few hundred comments here...there's not a lot of positive feedback to this website.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Suppo...58570747504664
    Last edited by jt59; 04-25-2013 at 08:22 AM.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    instead of the liberal words of gun control...SNIP
    Gun control is definitionally illiberal.

A recycling of "guns and alcohol don't mix." Substitute caffeine.
    They're just upset that they can't go support and celebrate other liberal causes without seeing guns.
    Last edited by paramedic70002; 04-25-2013 at 10:58 AM.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Here's an idea so that we can get an inkling of how well the $2 symbol is working. Write an "A" next to the 2 in the lower left corner of the bill, so that it says "2A." Just that one corner. Then spend the bill. See if you can spot any bills passed by others.

<o>
    Outstanding idea, discrete but poignant!
    Let's see how many bills we can get in circulation with 2A on them.
    Getting them back might be tricky, I've seen cashiers exchange $1 bills for the $2 bills because they've never seen them before.

-MH
    Last edited by March Hare; 04-25-2013 at 12:11 PM.
    $2 Bill - Calling Card of the 2A Movement
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    Seriously, who is John Galt?
    Vires et honestas

just read the thread, I'm now immediately on my way to the bank to get as many $2 bills as possible
    “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.” ~Thomas Jefferson
    www.CTCarry.com

Banned
    Ask for $2 bills anytime your change is over $2. Ask your bank for $2 bills. Even if they don't have them normally, if they have a customer who wants them, they may try to obtain them from the Fed. (I just learned that they have to be ordered from the Fed in $2000 bricks.)

My wife works for a credit union in Montgomery. If I can't get them from my CU here in Ohio, I'll ask her to bring me some when she gets up here in a little over a week for my son's wedding.

If the Fed gets wind of what we are doing, they'll probably stop printing $2 bills and pull them out of circulation.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxmann View Post
    just read the thread, I'm now immediately on my way to the bank to get as many $2 bills as possible
    2A advocates will make the currently-flopping $2 bill a huge success!

It Appears......

that you can order bulk sheets of $2 bills from the Bureau of Engraving and Printing

you can order in sheets from 4 to 32 notes, of course, you'll have to pay shipping and processing.....

http://www.moneyfactorystore.gov/2cu...testsheet.aspx

of course considering they want 100 dollars for 64 dollars of bills... it's hardly a bargin, still if you can't find 'em somewhere else it's an option..
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 04-25-2013 at 12:48 PM.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    that you can order bulk sheets of $2 bills from the Bureau of Engraving and Printing

you can order in sheets from 4 to 32 notes, of course, you'll have to pay shipping and processing.....

http://www.moneyfactorystore.gov/2cu...testsheet.aspx

of course considering they want 100 dollars for 64 dollars of bills... it's hardly a bargin, still if you can't find 'em somewhere else it's an option..
    Hmmmm.....You save them the effort of slicing up the sheets into individual bills, and they charge you for the privilege of doing it yourself. Yep. That's government for ya!

Banned

Giving all due credit to March Hare, who started us down this path, I am going to start a thread that is going to probably draw wider appeal.

This $2A bill idea has huge potential.

<o>

Re: Gun control groups going after companies that "allow open carry"

The "2A" bill I do not recall hearing of before, and is a great idea. I'll start doing that here in my area.

Using the $2 bill to show support though has been around since at least the beginning of last year that I know of. It was successful, to a degree, in practice.

Can't link from here, but as a cite please search "Starbucks supports 2A" on Nevadashooters.com.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast