• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun control groups going after companies that "allow open carry"

ron73440

Obviously that's very important, with all the open carriers shooting up everywhere they go.:banghead:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
While this is not new news (been going on for about a year, IIRC) it is important to notice that they just keep hammering away at the same spot. I guess the theory behind that is that if they keep hitting it eventually it will weaken and break.

While I would dearly love to see businesses go after them for tortious interference with commerce http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tortious_interference I also understand why they do not. There is more business to lose by actually slapping at the gnat than by ignoring it.

The irony of their actions is that they all claim to fear shootouts by the evil gun-toters who cannot be trusted to maintain self control - and yet they plunk themselves down right in the middle of all those evil gun-toters who cannot be trusted to maintain self control and verbally annoy and abuse them to the point that the evil gun-toters actually maintain self control. It is all so confusing - it makes my head hurt.

stay safe.

eye95

While they may lose some customers for respecting the rights of all, they have also gained customers. At worst it has been a wash because all kinds of meetups have been scheduled at Starbucks as a result of their stance on OC.

BTW, these moronic "moms" need to know that their children are safer around a lawfully armed citizen. Mass shooters don't go to Starbucks and kill children. They go to Sandy Hook, where there are no carriers.

papa bear

instead of the liberal words of gun control. let's call it what it is gun infringement. this would be far more accurate and maybe get the sleeping awake

mpguy

Remind me to sue Ford, when someone hits me with a vehicle made buy them..:D
:p
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

March Hare

$2 Bills for 2A

This is why I use $2 bills when I purchase things at Starbucks and other establishments that support 2nd Amendment rights.
The bills make them curious (most have never seen one) and gives an opportunity to start a conversation.

-MH

Last edited:

eye95

This is why I use $2 bills when I purchase things as Starbucks and other establishments that support 2nd Amendment rights.
The bills make them curious (most have never seen one) and gives an opportunity to start a conversation.

-MH

Hmmmm....The $2 bill as the calling card of the 2A advocate. I like that. I am gonna stock up on $2 bills and use them EVERYWHERE!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Forty-five

...The irony of their actions is that they all claim to fear shootouts by the evil gun-toters who cannot be trusted to maintain self control - and yet they plunk themselves down right in the middle of all those evil gun-toters who cannot be trusted to maintain self control and verbally annoy and abuse them to the point that the evil gun-toters actually maintain self control. It is all so confusing - it makes my head hurt...

stay safe.

Well put!

eye95

Here's an idea so that we can get an inkling of how well the $2 symbol is working. Write an "A" next to the 2 in the lower left corner of the bill, so that it says "2A." Just that one corner. Then spend the bill. See if you can spot any bills passed by others.

<o>

Troy bilt

This 2 dollar bill idea is the best thing i thought up in a long time:lol: I'm glad it is catching on so well:banana:

Spread the word 2 dollar bills will soon be harder to find than ammo:shocker:

jt59

Found this on facebook tonight...

View attachment 10300

This is an old issue and with only "611 likes", I don't think I'm going to worry about this. If you go to the Starbucks Facebook page, for every one of these folks posting their "I won't do business" with you threat, they get about 30, 2A folks that thank them for honoring the constitution or their policy on following the local state law.

If you want to do something....go post a support comment here.

https://www.facebook.com/Starbucks

Or go to their facebook page and leave a few hundred comments here...there's not a lot of positive feedback to this website.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Support-What-One-Million-Moms-Boycotts/258570747504664

Last edited:

paramedic70002

A recycling of "guns and alcohol don't mix." Substitute caffeine.
They're just upset that they can't go support and celebrate other liberal causes without seeing guns.

Last edited:

March Hare

Here's an idea so that we can get an inkling of how well the $2 symbol is working. Write an "A" next to the 2 in the lower left corner of the bill, so that it says "2A." Just that one corner. Then spend the bill. See if you can spot any bills passed by others.

<o>

Outstanding idea, discrete but poignant!
Let's see how many bills we can get in circulation with 2A on them.
Getting them back might be tricky, I've seen cashiers exchange $1 bills for the $2 bills because they've never seen them before.

-MH

Last edited:

eye95

Ask for $2 bills anytime your change is over $2. Ask your bank for $2 bills. Even if they don't have them normally, if they have a customer who wants them, they may try to obtain them from the Fed. (I just learned that they have to be ordered from the Fed in $2000 bricks.)

My wife works for a credit union in Montgomery. If I can't get them from my CU here in Ohio, I'll ask her to bring me some when she gets up here in a little over a week for my son's wedding.

If the Fed gets wind of what we are doing, they'll probably stop printing $2 bills and pull them out of circulation.