• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LEO Guide to Recovered Weapons

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Last edited:

OrangeIsTrouble

I rec'd this in the mail today. I do not have the ever popular I phone, I am an android user. The charge for the app is nada so use it as you will. Just 'cause it says "Law Enforcement" does not mean you cannot use it.

http://myappsinfo.com/recoveredfirearms/

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/officers-guide-to-recovered/id493554887?ls=1&mt=8

If this belongs elsewhere, please move it.

From the wording of your post, I assume you did not see that it is available for android also? Or are you just stating the obvious that iphone users are of another class?

leitung

The iPhone has always been as cutting edge as my left foot. Damm Apple is STILL behind android in innovation.

How long did it take for them to get to 4G and a bigger screen while the rest of us had it again?

Flopsweat

I like this part:

"The app features information on:
-Firearms safety"

:rolleyes:
First one on the list, and yet every time you see a cop clear a gun on those "reality" TV shows, they point it out into traffic, at one of their buddies or at their own feet or legs. I don't have anything against LE in general, but it just drives me up the wall watching them flag half the neighborhood with homie's gat while they figure out how to empty it.

MKEgal

This could be fun:
Once you have reviewed the Officer’s Guide to Recovered Firearms, test your comprehension by taking the quiz. Respond correctly to every question and receive a certificate of completion by email to print and add to your file.
Take it before reading through the info, see how you do.

Identifying persons prohibited by federal law from possessing firearms and questions to ask unlawful firearms possessors.
IOW, what to ask them to trick them into admitting that they're prohibited & knew or should have known it.
:mad:

Wonder if it's available for regular computer users? I'd like to look through it.