• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GE Capital no longer lending to Gun Shops

Troy bilt

I have spoke several time with the folks at the Sportsmans Den in Shelby Ohio about this. I buy some of my guns with there GE card at 0% for 6mo. I have not check in about a month but last I checked nothing has changed. They did tell me that they have had similar problems with other companies in the past.

MKEgal

Pretty stupid of them.
Between Obama being re-elected, the latest school massacre, and the Boston bombing, gun sales have never been higher.
People want to be able to protect themselves.
Nearly half of the people in the US have firearms.
So GE is running away from a proven money-maker, just because they think that lawfully-armed people are immoral.
If I were an investor, I'd be expressing my displeasure in the strongest possible terms. They're costing their customers money!

PFC HALE

makes sense, the gov owns most banks due to the bailouts so they are only following directions.

eye95

I have spoke several time with the folks at the Sportsmans Den in Shelby Ohio about this. I buy some of my guns with there GE card at 0% for 6mo. I have not check in about a month but last I checked nothing has changed. They did tell me that they have had similar problems with other companies in the past.

This is not the issue. Had Sportsman Den been using GE for their bank, they would be losing their credit, not you.

I suggest, however, that you pay your balance, cut the card up, and mail it back to GE, telling that it is their choice with whom they do business, just as it is yours. And you choose no longer to do any business within the GE brand.

I have assiduously avoided doing business with GE for years. Kinda hard since they've permeated so many markets under so many names, but if I find a business is part of GE, I stop doing business with them.