Thread: The $2A Bill

Banned

The $2A Bill

March Hare mentioned passing $2 bills to businesses that favor the 2A. Some of us got together and expanded on the idea, and I think we are really on to something.

The idea is to start using $2 bills instead of $1 bills, marking the "2" in the lower-left corner with an "A," making it say "2A" before passing it, creating as much circulating currency that bears the mark of the Second Amendment as possible. Start watching for them to pass through your hands after they passed through the hands of another 2A supporter.

I passed my first three today, buying (appropriately) a refrigerator magnet with the words, "The Right of the People to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed," on a parchment background. All the bills were marked in the lower-left corner, making them all "Two-A dollar bills" (not to be confused with "Two-eh dollar bills," which are Canadian currency).

I picked up $200 worth at the WPFCU and intend to flood the Fairborn, OH area with them.

Wachasay? Wanna give it a go?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    March Hare mentioned passing $2 bills to businesses that favor the 2A. Some of us got together and expanded on the idea, and I think we are really on to something.

The idea is to start using $2 bills instead of $1 bills, marking the "2" in the lower-left corner with an "A," making it say "2A" before passing it, creating as much circulating currency that bears the mark of the Second Amendment as possible. Start watching for them to pass through your hands after they passed through the hands of another 2A supporter.

I passed my first three today, buying (appropriately) a refrigerator magnet with the words, "The Right of the People to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed," on a parchment background. All the bills were marked in the lower-left corner, making them all "Two-A dollar bills" (not to be confused with "Two-eh dollar bills," which are Canadian currency).

I picked up $200 worth at the WPFCU and intend to flood the Fairborn, OH area with them.

Wachasay? Wanna give it a go?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>
    Mmm, gitchi gitchi ya ya da da

Count me in! Will get some at the bank tomorrow!

Banned
    eye's rich ! $200 ..... wow, wish I had $200 ...

Wish I had a refrigerator!

Just kidding .... cute idea ..

Founder's Club Member
    I did this back during the counter-protest to support Starbucks. While OCing. The cashier was pretty sharp and picked up on it instantly. (I didn't put an A in the corner, though.)

So, it works.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned
    So, will you start putting the "A" in the corner?

I will be turning my unemployment check into 2A bill

Not my original idea...

Some clarification, I don't want anyone thinking I'm trying to hijack someone else's original idea.

I didn't come up with this, I've just been doing it since it came around the first time, during the Starbucks Boycott the antis were putting on.

I just thought I'd mention it since I think it's a good thing and enjoy seeing peoples faces when they see a $2 bill for (usually) the first time!

I will, however, be adding the A to the bill!

Thanks to Eye95 for enhancing a great idea!

-MH
    Last edited by March Hare; 04-25-2013 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Credit where due!
    $2 Bill - Calling Card of the 2A Movement
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    Seriously, who is John Galt?
    Vires et honestas

Banned
    Someone else had a similar idea! Cool.

The differences are that we aren't selling anything (besides an idea) and we are suggesting using the hell outta these bills, not just as tips when one is happy with a coffee shop's attitude toward the 2A.

Both ideas are good, so I encourage everyone to either buy a stamp, tip baristas with Twos stamped in the upper left corner or to use Twos like Ones with an "A" added to the lower left. Or both.

I think the universe is telling us something here!

"Two-A dollar bills" (not to be confused with "Two-eh dollar bills," which are Canadian currency)
    <o>
    This made me literally LOL

Great idea. I'll try to do the same!

People will say, "a two dolla bill eh? What's dat all aboot?" Lol
    Additional text for your reading pleasure...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HearseGuy View Post
    This made me literally LOL

Great idea. I'll try to do the same!

People will say, "a two dolla bill eh? What's dat all aboot?" Lol
    What? No coke out the nose?

Founder's Club Member
    So, will you start putting the "A" in the corner?
    I'd first want to check for any laws against defacing currency.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Somebody might be able to write a macro program so that its easy to print stuff in the margins of the $2 bill using your home printer. The Webster quote around the bottom might be a little much...just throwing out an idea, though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2bill.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	10316  

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnett3006 View Post
    Somebody might be able to write a macro program so that its easy to print stuff in the margins of the $2 bill using your home printer. The Webster quote around the bottom might be a little much...just throwing out an idea, though.
    http://voices.yahoo.com/is-illegal-w...t-5839668.html

http://moneyfactory.gov/historicallegislation.html

seems OK ....but alot of hassle
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 04-26-2013 at 12:48 AM. Reason: a cite a cite everyone loves a cite

Banned
    We have proposed a simple idea. Let's keep it simple.

Banned
    We have proposed a simple idea. Let's keep it simple.
    The old KISS philosophy ... is best

You might not want to take advice from that first link. I've found that if you can't write the English language properly, there's a good chance you're also as sloppy with your research. To quote the "article":

"Paper money is held to different rules then coins, and legally be 'deface' by a user who draws on it or otherwise marks it. There are some things that you cannot due to paper money, however, and that includes:"

Yes, you can call me a grammar Nazi.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.