• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Banks not loaning money to gun dealers

conandan

With all the talk in the news about financial institutions not wanting to make loans to gun business. I am wondering if it is a good thing so to speak.
In the short term it will hurt, but in the long term wouldn't it seem that it can make these businesses free from the big bank bs. They can be free of dealing with these banks that hold to much power over there business.

Or am I looking at this the wrong way.

Gil223

With all the talk in the news about financial institutions not wanting to make loans to gun business. I am wondering if it is a good thing so to speak.
In the short term it will hurt, but in the long term wouldn't it seem that it can make these businesses free from the big bank bs. They can be free of dealing with these banks that hold to much power over there business.

Or am I looking at this the wrong way.

The problem, as I've seen it publicized, is not with the "gun dealers", per se. The only media information I have seen was a problem with one manufacturer (McMillan), and one bank (BoA). BoA told McMillan that they would have to take their business elsewhere, after handling their business accounts for years.

Generally speaking, big businesses often prefer to operate on someone else's money, which permits them to satisfy stockholders. If all their money is tied up in operating capital, the stockholder's will become unhappy, and find a different investment which pays dividends. When you're talking accounts with millions of dollars in them, the customer doesn't much in the way of "big bank bs" - you get big bank butt-kissing. The costs of facility construction and equipment purchases are a tremendous drain on a company's cash, so they use the bank's money. The bank only has any leverage over the company if the company is in arrears or defaults. Pax...

Redbaron007

The problem, as I've seen it publicized, is not with the "gun dealers", per se. The only media information I have seen was a problem with one manufacturer (McMillan), and one bank (BoA). BoA told McMillan that they would have to take their business elsewhere, after handling their business accounts for years.

Generally speaking, big businesses often prefer to operate on someone else's money, which permits them to satisfy stockholders. If all their money is tied up in operating capital, the stockholder's will become unhappy, and find a different investment which pays dividends. When you're talking accounts with millions of dollars in them, the customer doesn't much in the way of "big bank bs" - you get big bank butt-kissing. The costs of facility construction and equipment purchases are a tremendous drain on a company's cash, so they use the bank's money. The bank only has any leverage over the company if the company is in arrears or defaults. Pax...

Generally, pretty much spot on.

Unfortunately, we don't know the whole story behind BoA and McMillan...all we know is what McMillan says...BoA can't disclose internal info about the account to the public....called a privacy policy. I'm willing to bet there is more to the story.

Redbaron007

Have you done that, or is this more Internet bluster?

It's theoretical...I've 'heard' the stories of it happening, but never have known anyone to do it. I don't attend the meetings of any companies I own stock in; haven't really thought about it.

I believe any stockholder can attend the meeting; if they haven't proxy their vote, they should be able to vote. However, the companies can set some guidelines....one would have to check with the company to see what are the requirements.

eye95

I am sure it is bluster. He constantly posts this "advice," but never relates having followed his own advice or the results thereof.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Freedom1Man

Since banks are the backers of those who want to disarm us, it would only make sense that the banks are starting to not lend money to those who manufacture and/or sell firearms to citizens.

We shall see how things play out in the end.