Thread: Open Carry in the Charlotte News

Open Carry in the Charlotte News

http://www.wcnc.com/news/neighborhoo...204710741.html

I know he is carrying a long gun and I am aware of the rules

Quote Originally Posted by OCDO
    14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry.
    I still find this newsworthy for the open carry community and the fact that it is a long gun is inconsequential. I know most of you will frown on this but I applaud him for standing for something so controversial at the age of 19. My only criticism is that the people that do this take a public speaking course before speaking in front of a camera.
    "I'm kinda high (or maybe low) profile around here, to hate on me is just sour grapes." - NCHeel

"Nuts" followed by "You can go straight to Hell." Jake from Jericho

Maybe he's the reason no one is cutting their grass or trimming the walkways.

Thanks for the link. And attaboys for the young man and the police.

Im proud of this youg man...

It takes alot of balls to do what this young man is doing...We should be proud and try to be more like him...

This is a great example of what I said in the other thread!!!! No need to carry the super scary AR (sarcasm). A bolt action rifle will get you plenty of attention if that is what you want. The lady complaining is ignorant. Kid is not a threat to anyone and he is picking up trash quit complaining

".....Police say he is not breaking any laws". Good to know that the police there know what is not GATTTOTP.

I liked the story, thanks for sharing. He carries ammo, is that because you can't carry a loaded rifle? I was trying to find info if they are treated any differently, but it doesn't seem like they are as the laws always cited on this board don't usually make a distinction in type of gun.

All opinions about the subject aside, that's about the most amateurish article I've read by a reporter in a long time lol.

Quote Originally Posted by REDFIVE48 View Post
    I liked the story, thanks for sharing. He carries ammo, is that because you can't carry a loaded rifle? I was trying to find info if they are treated any differently, but it doesn't seem like they are as the laws always cited on this board don't usually make a distinction in type of gun.
    I am guessing he is modeling himself after the guy in Oregon (Marked Guardian on youtube) who carries an AR unloaded but has loaded mags. The little bit of self imposed defense that the rifle is "not even loaded" gives him enough courage to carry it. No laws that I know of that differentiate between a loaded and unloaded firearm in N.C.
    "I'm kinda high (or maybe low) profile around here, to hate on me is just sour grapes." - NCHeel

"Nuts" followed by "You can go straight to Hell." Jake from Jericho

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead View Post
    All opinions about the subject aside, that's about the most amateurish article I've read by a reporter in a long time lol.
    WCNC is known for "hackish" articles and stories. Not the best source, for sure!
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Quote Originally Posted by bc.cruiser View Post
    Maybe he's the reason no one is cutting their grass or trimming the walkways.

Thanks for the link. And attaboys for the young man and the police.
    Yeah...sure...that's the reason... :-) That area of town is getting a bit rough around the edges.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Quote Originally Posted by NC-Heel View Post
    I am guessing he is modeling himself after the guy in Oregon (Marked Guardian on youtube) who carries an AR unloaded but has loaded mags. The little bit of self imposed defense that the rifle is "not even loaded" gives him enough courage to carry it. No laws that I know of that differentiate between a loaded and unloaded firearm in N.C.
    Thats the guy who beggins to stutter and use a timid voice tone when speaking with LEOs right?

He needs to drop the balls when speaking to them... they never seem to respect him when there is an encounter -.- they walk all over him.
    SIC VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

μολὼν λαβέ - molṑn labé - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND TAKE!!!!