Thread: 45ACP Ammo

45ACP Ammo

Went to the range today at Sharp Shooters. I usually take a box of 45ACP and buy two boxes there for practice. I take the one box in case they are short and they were today. They didn't have a lick of 45ACP. So I only had the one box of 50 for practice. They normally insist that what you buy from them you use at their range... The last online purchase I made was 500 rounds ball from bulkammo.com. Got steered there from http://www.gunbot.net/ .

Anyone have a better place for ammo?

Hate to threadcrap, but upon checking that site out...

It considers 50 rounds of .22 "bulk" at $18 for the thimble worth of ammo....

Wolf 9mm $605 for 800 rounds, or $37 a box of 50?
    MBI 9mm $669 for 1000 rounds, $33.45 a box of 50.
    PMC 9mm $795/1000 rds, 39.75/50....

Blazer (aluminum? or steel?) .45ACP $37 for 50
    PMC 45acp $38.75 for 50...

Don't really call that a good deal at all...

Then again, I can't find any ammo locally. Glad I hoarded up a little bit before the drought.

Don't care about your crapping, do you have a better online source?

You could try www.ammoseek.com to find cheap ammo that you can purchase for open carrying needs

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM15A View Post
    They normally insist that what you buy from them you use at their range...
    Is it safe to assume you got this backwards?

I've heard of places who insist on the other way around, but this would be a bit overbearing!

TFred

Went to the range today at Sharp Shooters. I usually take a box of 45ACP and buy two boxes there for practice. I take the one box in case they are short and they were today. They didn't have a lick of 45ACP. So I only had the one box of 50 for practice. They normally insist that what you buy from them you use at their range... The last online purchase I made was 500 rounds ball from bulkammo.com. Got steered there from http://www.gunbot.net/ .

Anyone have a better place for ammo?
    PM Sent

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Is it safe to assume you got this backwards?

I've heard of places who insist on the other way around, but this would be a bit overbearing!

TFred
    Maybe my wording could be better. They will not sell you ammo unless you will be using it at their range. You cannot buy the ammo and then leave the store.

Re: 45ACP Ammo

Another good one is gunbot.net.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe my wording could be better. They will not sell you ammo unless you will be using it at their range. You cannot buy the ammo and then leave the store.
    Wow, that is exactly what you said... I just find that extremely odd. Clark Brothers is one example that has always (at least until recently from what I've heard) insisted that anything you shoot on their range, you buy from them ("If you bought it someplace else, then shoot it someplace else!"), but they were certainly happy if you wanted to pay their prices for ammo that you took with you.

Wonder what motivates this policy?

TFred
    Last edited by TFred; 04-26-2013 at 05:33 PM.

Kinda sorta makes sense from a business view. With ammo being scarce, they don't want folks walking away with all their ammo to use elsewhere. They want people to use their range. Staying instock on ammo and having their customers only be able to use it at their facility keeps the business going.
    I am no way stating that I agree with their business model, just that I understand why they would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by FBrinson View Post
    Kinda sorta makes sense from a business view. With ammo being scarce, they don't want folks walking away with all their ammo to use elsewhere. They want people to use their range. Staying instock on ammo and having their customers only be able to use it at their facility keeps the business going.
    I am no way stating that I agree with their business model, just that I understand why they would do that.
    That's basically what they told me. You can bring your own ammo and use it in their range, which I do but they want to have ammo available for those that want to shoot using one of their rental guns. They have probably 40 handguns for rent for their range. I don't blame them, they probably have many folks that rent their guns. And they sponsor group events...

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Wow, that is exactly what you said... I just find that extremely odd. Clark Brothers is one example that has always (at least until recently from what I've heard) insisted that anything you shoot on their range, you buy from them ("If you bought it someplace else, then shoot it someplace else!"), but they were certainly happy if you wanted to pay their prices for ammo that you took with you.

Wonder what motivates this policy?

TFred
    That is usually their policy. "If you didn't buy it here, don't shoot it here." Lately that has changed because they are feeling the ammo pinch too and will let folks shoot what they bring. In all cases though, if you buy any reloading components there, you can shoot it there anytime. Keep the receipts though.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Its been a number of years since I have been to Clark Brothers... but their 'Range Officers' used to be more worried about whether you bought your ammo and targets from them, than they were about the idiot next to you sweeping people with a loaded firearm.