Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another wrongful arrest in VA... the ferry tale, part 2 ($$$ needed!)

Another wrongful arrest in VA... the ferry tale, part 2 ($$$ needed!)

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...lowing-the-law

User is about to lower the hammer on some cops, & the town they work for.
    A man transferred his pistol from the glovebox to a center console, all completely legal.
    A passer-by saw it, wet his pants, waited a couple days, talked to a moonlighting cop he knew.
    A couple days after that, and with no investigation, the cop got a warrant issued for brandishing.
    The victim was arrested, held in jail, etc.

PayPal isn't set up just yet. When it is, it will be posted in that thread.
    For now:
    Dan Hawes (User) is prepared to accept either paper or electronic checks.
    Please footnote: For Graham C.

Payable to:
    Virginia Legal Defense
    P.O. Box 100
    Broad Run, VA

or

Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-28-2013 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Added Paypal link

Banned
    As soon as the PayPal link is up, I'll be contributing. The cops used the system to steamroll this guy and ruin his life. Even though they could not use the law against him, they found a way to punish him for the lawful possession and carry of a firearm. This must stop, and we must use this case to help stop these thuggish injustices.

I hope user goes after the personal pockets of the individual thugs involved a la St. John v. McColley. Start routinely making the individual thug cops pay and we will have fewer cops willing to be thugs!

We need to press this case to the max, and that takes money!

Centurion
    Eye95 and anyone else out there.... I got a challenge for ya'll!

I will match your donation to this cause in any amount up to $100.00. I've just barely returned to work after being off for medical issues for 3 months or I would have had a greater amount! There are a bunch of folks on these forums that are very active. How many will accept the challenge?

Honor system rules--- post the amount you've donated and I'll post my $100.00 donation when I make it (transfer with paypal when it is up)!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Eye95 and anyone else out there.... I got a challenge for ya'll!

I will match your donation to this cause in any amount up to $100.00. I've just barely returned to work after being off for medical issues for 3 months or I would have had a greater amount! There are a bunch of folks on these forums that are very active. How many will accept the challenge?

Honor system rules--- post the amount you've donated and I'll post my $100.00 donation when I make it (transfer with paypal when it is up)!
    Just for clarity and to prevent misunderstandings.

1. You will match all donations $100 or less? Or,

2. You will match donations until your combined matches reach $100 total out-of-pocket for you?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Just for clarity and to prevent misunderstandings.

1. You will match all donations $100 or less? Or,

2. You will match donations until your combined matches reach $100 total out-of-pocket for you?
    #2.... I'd love to be able to personally do more but like I posted--- I have just barely returned to work after being off for 3 months due to a medical issue and I have not yet received my first return to work paycheck.

When the paypal link is active, I will post a donation of $100.00 weather anyone else does so or not. I am just trying to set a little challenge out there to encourage others so they can feel better in the morning!

Citizen, thanks for asking for the clarification!
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 04-25-2013 at 11:40 PM.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Initial $25 check sent snail mail...

Will do more as I can...
    Last edited by AFCop; 04-26-2013 at 11:02 AM.

I'm sending $20 today.

Well,,,

I hate cross posting, and I hate double posting, just so more folks will see it, But,
    in the other thread I promised to send 100 dollars for Scouser, And I just did it!
    The money is in the mail!!! Now I want someone to match it! Or just send him some money too...
    My best wishes to Scoucer,,, and too Logan..
    And ... Dan!!! give them HeII!!!

. Sincerly... Bob,,, from washington
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Just to make it easier to find:

Paper and electronic checks payable to:
    Virginia Legal Defense
    P.O. Box 100
    Broad Run, VA 20137

For Account of Graham C.

or

Since the PayPal link has not yet been added to this thread, I'll quote this post from the VA thread. It has the PayPal link.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Banned

Tried to use the link in the quote. Did not work.

<o>

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Tried to use the link in the quote. Did not work.

<o>
    Strange. Just used the link you quoted - took me right to PayPal's make a donation page.

Did you perhaps not recognize the page you got linked to? Or did you not get sent anywhere?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Banned

It says something about the link calling up an old version of PayPal, possibly due to being an old bookmark.

<o>

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    It says something about the link calling up an old version of PayPal, possibly due to being an old bookmark.

<o>
    Just retested it by clicking on the button in a quote above - Bingo - works fine, every time for me.

Please enter your donation amount.
    Purpose Donation amount Total
    Graham C. (scoucer on OCDO) $ $0.00
    Total: $0.00 USD

Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-28-2013 at 03:02 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

<o>
    It's probably ypur cookies, not the link itself. Purge thyself.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Centurion

<o>
    I got the SAME failure from my "smart phone" but from my home computer now that I am home it works as intended... I used the link that Eye95 had quoted in his post. And I increased my donation amount by 50% from my committed $100.00..

Donation via paypal.

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA

Banned
    Must be that the iPad does not handle the link well. On my MacBook Air, it just worked fine.

Donation sent.

Centurion

My "smart phone" was an IPhone. Maybe it is just Apple?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA

Banned
    Well, my MacBook is Apple.

Maybe it is iOS?

Centurion
    Well, my MacBook is Apple.

Maybe it is iOS?
    Yep, I realized that after I posted..... Could be iOS, but since we have both now successfully donated and left info for anyone else who may have an issue as to a possible solution....

Carry On!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Yep, I realized that after I posted..... Could be iOS, but since we have both now successfully donated and left info for anyone else who may have an issue as to a possible solution....

Carry On!
    Also if any difficulties an electronic check can be sent direct to Dan Hawes.
    Each Paypal donation received will be acknowledged privately.

Paper and electronic checks payable to:
    Virginia Legal Defense
    P.O. Box 100
    Broad Run, VA 20137

For Account of Graham C.

or

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Just sent $25.00 from Florida.

Good luck

Ironside
    When those in Government fail to see the danger in too much Government, they become the danger.
    (Original quote by me)

If we lose the Second Amendment it is only a matter of time before we lose the First Amendment, then the Fourth Amendment and then it is all downhill from there ...

I've OCed and didn't scare the horses or stampede the women!

It's too late to train when you are in the middle of a gunfight ... (me)

IDPA SSP/MM

$50.00 sent from a former Va resident. Best of luck brother!

my contribution is on it's way to the PO box. Will do more when I can, but working two jobs to make ends meet doesn't allow for much disposable income. I found something I wasn't using that I was able to sell and generate the money to make a contribution.

$25 sent for now.

man charged with brandishing

i thought to put this in the VA forum. but i figured it is something that all of us should be concerned with.this is from the VCDL alert

1. Miscarriage of justice in Henrico. False charge of brandishing for simply relocating a gun. Defense fund established

A VCDL member has been arrested and is being prosecuted falsely for brandishing a firearm - this time in Henrico County.

The allegation is that he was observed by a school bus driver as he moved his handgun from the glove compartment to a console, and that caused the school bus driver to become afraid. (A mental condition called "hoplophobia" - a morbid and irrational fear of weapons.)

The VCDL member was not aware that there was any kind of a problem until 48 hours later when he was arrested in front of his family! Worse, he was held in jail for almost 13 hours because the Magistrate did not want to take responsibility for allowing him to be free until trial.

Oh, it gets worse. Because he was in jail waiting to see the judge (who released him on personal recognizance at the initial hearing later that afternoon) he was terminated from a new job he had yet to even start. :-(

Many VCDL members are appalled and outraged at the bizarre circumstances surrounding his being charged and arrested. A defense Fund for his benefit has been set up. (The defense fund has been set up and is being maintained by criminal defense attorney Dan Hawes.)

Read more about the incident and how to contribute to the defense fund here:

http://tinyurl.com/cdq33x6

(Thanks to member Paul Henick for helping compile this alert item.)
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast