• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another wrongful arrest in VA... the ferry tale, part 2 ($$$ needed!)

MKEgal

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...n-a-Ferry-Tale-Arrested-for-following-the-law

User is about to lower the hammer on some cops, & the town they work for.
A man transferred his pistol from the glovebox to a center console, all completely legal.
A passer-by saw it, wet his pants, waited a couple days, talked to a moonlighting cop he knew.
A couple days after that, and with no investigation, the cop got a warrant issued for brandishing.
The victim was arrested, held in jail, etc.

PayPal isn't set up just yet. When it is, it will be posted in that thread.
For now:
Dan Hawes (User) is prepared to accept either paper or electronic checks.
Please footnote: For Graham C.

Payable to:
Virginia Legal Defense
P.O. Box 100
Broad Run, VA

or

Last edited by a moderator:

eye95

As soon as the PayPal link is up, I'll be contributing. The cops used the system to steamroll this guy and ruin his life. Even though they could not use the law against him, they found a way to punish him for the lawful possession and carry of a firearm. This must stop, and we must use this case to help stop these thuggish injustices.

I hope user goes after the personal pockets of the individual thugs involved a la St. John v. McColley. Start routinely making the individual thug cops pay and we will have fewer cops willing to be thugs!

We need to press this case to the max, and that takes money!

JoeSparky

Centurion
Eye95 and anyone else out there.... I got a challenge for ya'll!

I will match your donation to this cause in any amount up to $100.00. I've just barely returned to work after being off for medical issues for 3 months or I would have had a greater amount! There are a bunch of folks on these forums that are very active. How many will accept the challenge?

Honor system rules--- post the amount you've donated and I'll post my $100.00 donation when I make it (transfer with paypal when it is up)!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Eye95 and anyone else out there.... I got a challenge for ya'll!

I will match your donation to this cause in any amount up to $100.00. I've just barely returned to work after being off for medical issues for 3 months or I would have had a greater amount! There are a bunch of folks on these forums that are very active. How many will accept the challenge?

Honor system rules--- post the amount you've donated and I'll post my $100.00 donation when I make it (transfer with paypal when it is up)!

Just for clarity and to prevent misunderstandings.

1. You will match all donations $100 or less? Or,

2. You will match donations until your combined matches reach $100 total out-of-pocket for you?

JoeSparky

Centurion
Just for clarity and to prevent misunderstandings.

1. You will match all donations $100 or less? Or,

2. You will match donations until your combined matches reach $100 total out-of-pocket for you?

#2.... I'd love to be able to personally do more but like I posted--- I have just barely returned to work after being off for 3 months due to a medical issue and I have not yet received my first return to work paycheck.

When the paypal link is active, I will post a donation of $100.00 weather anyone else does so or not. I am just trying to set a little challenge out there to encourage others so they can feel better in the morning!

Citizen, thanks for asking for the clarification!

Last edited:

1245A Defender

Well,,,

I hate cross posting, and I hate double posting, just so more folks will see it, But,
in the other thread I promised to send 100 dollars for Scouser, And I just did it!
The money is in the mail!!! Now I want someone to match it! Or just send him some money too...
My best wishes to Scoucer,,, and too Logan..
And ... Dan!!! give them HeII!!!

. Sincerly... Bob,,, from washington

eye95

Just to make it easier to find:

Paper and electronic checks payable to:
Virginia Legal Defense
P.O. Box 100
Broad Run, VA 20137

For Account of Graham C.

or

Since the PayPal link has not yet been added to this thread, I'll quote this post from the VA thread. It has the PayPal link.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Tried to use the link in the quote. Did not work.

<o>

Strange. Just used the link you quoted - took me right to PayPal's make a donation page.

Did you perhaps not recognize the page you got linked to? Or did you not get sent anywhere?

stay safe.

eye95

It says something about the link calling up an old version of PayPal, possibly due to being an old bookmark.

<o>

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It says something about the link calling up an old version of PayPal, possibly due to being an old bookmark.

<o>

Just retested it by clicking on the button in a quote above - Bingo - works fine, every time for me.

pixel.gif
Please enter your donation amount.
PurposeDonation amountTotal
Graham C. (scoucer on OCDO)$$0.00
Total: $0.00USD

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

<o>

It's probably ypur cookies, not the link itself. Purge thyself.

stay safe.

JoeSparky

Centurion

<o>

I got the SAME failure from my "smart phone" but from my home computer now that I am home it works as intended... I used the link that Eye95 had quoted in his post. And I increased my donation amount by 50% from my committed $100.00..

Donation via paypal.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Yep, I realized that after I posted..... Could be iOS, but since we have both now successfully donated and left info for anyone else who may have an issue as to a possible solution....

Carry On!
Also if any difficulties an electronic check can be sent direct to Dan Hawes.
Each Paypal donation received will be acknowledged privately.

Paper and electronic checks payable to:
Virginia Legal Defense
P.O. Box 100
Broad Run, VA 20137

For Account of Graham C.

or