• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another wrongful arrest in VA... the ferry tale, part 2 ($$$ needed!)

wrearick

my contribution is on it's way to the PO box. Will do more when I can, but working two jobs to make ends meet doesn't allow for much disposable income. I found something I wasn't using that I was able to sell and generate the money to make a contribution.

papa bear

man charged with brandishing

i thought to put this in the VA forum. but i figured it is something that all of us should be concerned with.this is from the VCDL alert

1. Miscarriage of justice in Henrico. False charge of brandishing for simply relocating a gun. Defense fund established

A VCDL member has been arrested and is being prosecuted falsely for brandishing a firearm - this time in Henrico County.

The allegation is that he was observed by a school bus driver as he moved his handgun from the glove compartment to a console, and that caused the school bus driver to become afraid. (A mental condition called "hoplophobia" - a morbid and irrational fear of weapons.)

The VCDL member was not aware that there was any kind of a problem until 48 hours later when he was arrested in front of his family! Worse, he was held in jail for almost 13 hours because the Magistrate did not want to take responsibility for allowing him to be free until trial.

Oh, it gets worse. Because he was in jail waiting to see the judge (who released him on personal recognizance at the initial hearing later that afternoon) he was terminated from a new job he had yet to even start. :-(

Many VCDL members are appalled and outraged at the bizarre circumstances surrounding his being charged and arrested. A defense Fund for his benefit has been set up. (The defense fund has been set up and is being maintained by criminal defense attorney Dan Hawes.)

Read more about the incident and how to contribute to the defense fund here:

http://tinyurl.com/cdq33x6

(Thanks to member Paul Henick for helping compile this alert item.)

09jisaac

I honestly don't think this will proceed very far.

If you don't mind, keep us informed. I would not want to contribute anything to his defense fund if everything works itself out soon (without/ with reduced cost). On the other hand though, I would like to make sure he would not have to have any out of pocket expenses.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I honestly don't think this will proceed very far.

If you don't mind, keep us informed. I would not want to contribute anything to his defense fund if everything works itself out soon (without/ with reduced cost). On the other hand though, I would like to make sure he would not have to have any out of pocket expenses.
Will be doing a thread merge on this one.

Insofar as what it will take to "beat the ride", please read as much of the thread as you can after the merge AND look in the Virginia sub-form for the Henrico stickied thread. This is every bit as outrageous as Skidmak's Surry debacle. They are trying to hang an innocent man! The LEO, prosecutor, and judge seem to be of a common mind. Dan Hawes is representing.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...n-a-Ferry-Tale-Arrested-for-following-the-law

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Keeping the link current

Paper and electronic checks payable to:
Virginia Legal Defense
P.O. Box 100
Broad Run, VA 20137

For Account of Graham C.

or

papa bear

Hey . i found this same subject in another thread. so if the mediator would like to merge it, that would be good

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

sudden valley gunner

I am tapped right now.....:cry:, I would love to contribute....giving feels better than receiving, especially when its a fight against costumed ________ (self edit the word out before moderators do).

I wish the victim luck, hope all goes well.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I am tapped right now.....:cry:, I would love to contribute....giving feels better than receiving, especially when its a fight against costumed ________ (self edit the word out before moderators do).

I wish the victim luck, hope all goes well.

We each contribute according to our ability/circumstances. No one way is greater than the other. That you care enough to reply says volumes
icon14.png

Send buckets of brotherly support, pats on the back, figurative hand shakes....either here publicly or by flooding his PM box.

ATM

Campaign Veteran
Contributed some. I hope everyone who is able gives a bit - neither liberty nor justice should be reserved to only the rich and connected.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Contributed some. I hope everyone who is able gives a bit - neither liberty nor justice should be reserved to only the rich and connected.

Indeed! That goes straight to the heart of the matter. It takes considerable money to put together an effective defense.

Then add that Scouser is guilty of nothing. The system and those abusing it are using their authority to test him no differently than the trial by water of Salem Witch trials - if one floated, then they were guilty; if the drowned, they were innocent.

Scouser is quite literally being dunked in the equivalent of swamp water.

eye95

Paper and electronic checks payable to:
Virginia Legal Defense
P.O. Box 100
Broad Run, VA 20137

For Account of Graham C.

or

Another donation sent for the appeal.

The "judge" at the initial trial sounds like someone with no sense of justice. Just a paper-pusher.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Another donation sent for the appeal.

The "judge" at the initial trial sounds like someone with no sense of justice. Just a paper-pusher.

Unfortunately, the price of justice just went up. Thanks to all that have been following this and making the personal sacrifice to reach out and help.

IMHO you are being too kind to the substitute judge that presided. If the facts had warranted it, a reasoned verdict would have been 30 days w/all suspended and a "go and sin no more" admonishment, Graham had no priors of any kind, none. Instead the judge decided 12 mo with 6 suspended = gonna slap you hard fer carryin' in my county.

There but for the grace of God go I - and participate in his defense any way I can?.......you're damn right I will!