• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

4.2 mil for 2 women shot at by cops in Dorner frenzy

ps1mhd

To fast.
Something is not right about all this.
Cops not fired or charged.
There will be more that comes out.

Mike

Ca Patriot

The women deserve the money but not from the tax payers. It should come from the officers themselves.

Plus , these women are illegal aliens and they should now be deported.

nonameisgood

Tax money is free, didn't you know that? Pay their medical bills and make them as whole as possible (not $4.2 million worth) and send them in their way.

nonameisgood

Not admitting liability is different than not fixing a known problem. Next time it happens, the department cannot claim that they didn't know officers were improperly trained or ignorant of use of force laws and policies. It becomes (even greater) negligence than the last time. ("My dog doesn't bite people, except for last time, and the time before that.")

Fuller Malarkey

The women deserve the money but not from the tax payers. It should come from the officers themselves.

Plus , these women are illegal aliens and they should now be deported.

I hadn't read the mother / daughter were illegal aliens. Can you direct me to a citation?

Thanks in advance.

randian

The city would agree to pay even if the cops were personally found liable.
That's not even the most disturbing thing happening here. Not only haven't they been fired, but so far as is publicly known they haven't even received an official reprimand. If I recall correctly, police officer disciplinary records were recently exempted from California's public records act, so we can't even check to see what if anything has happened.