Thread: Too close to home. FBI Conducting Gun Sweeps in Oakland.

Too close to home. FBI Conducting Gun Sweeps in Oakland.

OAKLAND, Calif. A massive law enforcement sweep was underway in Oakland Wednesday, with nine people having reportedly been detained an hour after it was first reported.
    http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-...oakland/nXXKw/
    Less than a week after SWAT police went house to house ripping families out of their homes during broad daylight in the manhunt that ensued following the Boston bombings, other police departments have seemingly taken a police state cue and followed suit.
    http://www.infowars.com/fbi-conduct-...ps-in-oakland/

Keep us posted on this!

None of the news on this said anything about gun confiscation. In fact law enforcement conducts warrent sweeps on a regular basis. that the FBI was involved indicates that they could have been seeking those wanted on federal charges. that SWAT was involved indicates that they were seeking people whom are known to be armed and dangerous.

Lets not jump to the conclussion that they are doing sweeping gun confiscation of law abiding citizens just yet.
    Nevada Campus Carry: The Movement Continues
    http://nvcampuscarry.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post
    Lets not jump to the conclussion that they are doing sweeping gun confiscation of law abiding citizens just yet.
    OK, you can wait until it's too late.

Banned
    The manpower and multi jurisdictional "task forces on this was nothing short of a military operation.

Kalifornia makes me ill, I cant decide if is less a State of this "Union" than New York or they are equal in their Fall from the Constitution.

Banned
    It starts with what seems reasonable .. then broadens and broadens until parking tickets will result in a swat team is std proceedure ..

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post
    None of the news on this said anything about gun confiscation. In fact law enforcement conducts warrent sweeps on a regular basis. that the FBI was involved indicates that they could have been seeking those wanted on federal charges. that SWAT was involved indicates that they were seeking people whom are known to be armed and dangerous.

SWAT teams have been executing ordinary warrants for years. They long ago oozed beyond just dangerous people. Police departments all over the country have SWAT teams sitting around with nothing to do because the actual situations pretexted for their creation rarely occur. Can't have them sitting around doing nothing, so they get sent on non-dangerous warrants.

An optometrist in Northern VA was shot and killed by such a SWAT team back in early 2006. It took the family five years of litigation to get a settlement from the county. The family was finally able to prove with an excellent forensic video that the shot that killed their son could not possibly have happened the way the police claimed it did. When the video was shown to government, as in "this is what we are going to show the jury", the government decided to settle.

Hunt up info on militarization of police by Radley Balko.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.