• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd Congressional Scott Rigel 2A Poll - HIT THIS!!!

Glockster

Seeking "The Wisdom of the District" - Gun Rights

I just got this last night and would suggest that anyone here who wants to respond do so (they don't ask for an address to verify residency in 2nd Congressional, simply an email address): https://rigell.house.gov/forms/form/default.aspx?ID=2484

Below is what is online but I can't help but note that this poll while allowing for 2A supportive answers, certainly skews things in the other direction. IMHO, none of the four defined answers are good (and I'm including the first one in the "not good" category simply because it could certainly be used to then indicate that a 2A supporter believes that those with mental health issues or criminal backgrounds are good to go without any due process considerations or potential restrictions), though he allows for a "don't yet know" and an open-ended "have another answer" response. I myself chose to indicate that I had another answer and replied with that (detailed) response.

Here's what's online:

Since the senseless shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut last year, the nation has reengaged in a spirited debate over the causes of gun violence and whether or not Congress should strengthen or increase gun laws. I am interested to hear your thoughts on legislation coming from Washington about this important subject:

( ) I disagree with any legislation that impedes any American’s ability to own a gun – regardless of their mental health or criminal history.

( ) I am strongly pro-gun, but I do believe measures should be taken to keep guns out of the hands of criminals or the mentally ill to prevent mass violence.

( ) I support universal background checks and/or an assault weapons ban, as well as other strict gun-control measures.

( ) I support the 2nd amendment as well as expanded background checks

( ) I haven’t made up my mind yet about this debate.

( ) I have another answer.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I responded and told him he was ******* up the wrong tree if he thought #2 would prevent mass violence. And #1 was so skewed as to show true ignorance.

I used to think Rigell had some brains, but my opinion has changed drastically.

Glockster

I responded and told him he was ******* up the wrong tree if he thought #2 would prevent mass violence. And #1 was so skewed as to show true ignorance.

I used to think Rigell had some brains, but my opinion has changed drastically.

Long story short....but I've had my own opportunity to attempt to "school" him as I bought an extremely expensive vehicle at his dealership and discovered the first two defects on my drive home. More and more and more as weeks turned into months. The schooling took place though after getting my vehicle back supposedly with certain problems fixed and they weren't, which was a quality control issue and failure to follow the prescribed fix even for recalls. So I gave him free schooling in quality control, which falls inside of my own Ph.D. background. And then after they did routine maintenance and I was about 100 miles north of the CBBT on a Sunday evening when everything is closed, had major engine problems and it was determined that a spark plug wasn't properly tightened which then blew out a cylinder head and caused $2K damage. More schooling, intensive this time. And in the end after multiple phone conversations directly with him, at night on his home phone even, I came to the conclusion that sometimes you simply cannot school someone who needs it the most. I've never bought another vehicle through his dealership. When a problem is systemic sometimes that's your only option.