Thread: Senator Burr-(R) N.C.

Senator Burr-(R) N.C.

I don't know if everyone has followed the voting on the Federal Bills But Our Republician Senator voted to pass the first version of the background check bill. I already sent him an E-mail and told him no vote from this guy during the elections. This includes my wife and kids whom are also voting. It's time to draw the line and this is the subject (if we don't stick together we could all be subject's) Let'em know how we feel.

He voted to move it to debate. He voted against the bill itself. At least understand that before you make your decision. It's a dangerous tactic, but it also forced a real vote on the issue that may be useful in the next election cycle for folks looking to unseat incumbents. I'm a bit torn on it. I don't really want my 2a rights up for any more debate. But forcing the anti's out into the light may be a good idea too.

Yes, Burr voted AGAINST the bill, Hagan voted FOR it...
    We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    He voted to move it to debate. He voted against the bill itself. At least understand that before you make your decision. It's a dangerous tactic, but it also forced a real vote on the issue that may be useful in the next election cycle for folks looking to unseat incumbents. I'm a bit torn on it. I don't really want my 2a rights up for any more debate. But forcing the anti's out into the light may be a good idea too.
    It was a dangerous tatic, but it does make a record of who votes. Hagan's staffers repeatedly told me via phone that she "supported the rights of gun owners". Of course, it was a stall for constituents calling. Now we can remove her.

i got in a discussion with a guy at Walmart today. some reason he was under the impression that Burr had voted for the bill. i had to insist that he had voted against the bill. i had called Burrs office and that is what they told me. i don't think the guy believed me, but he did have doubts in his eyes. now i wonder how many people think that Burr voted for it.

he didn't bat an eye when i said that Hagan voted for it
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

You are correct he did ultimatly vote no on a portion of the amendments to this bill. However just bringing it to the floor is dangerous IMO.

You would think he could explain what he was doing to his constituents and not just ignore my enquires on where he stood on the matter. If you donít answer my questions when I ask them, I canít support you. My opinion you should never give an inch on this topic.