• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Senator Burr-(R) N.C.

I don't know if everyone has followed the voting on the Federal Bills But Our Republician Senator voted to pass the first version of the background check bill. I already sent him an E-mail and told him no vote from this guy during the elections. This includes my wife and kids whom are also voting. It's time to draw the line and this is the subject (if we don't stick together we could all be subject's) Let'em know how we feel.

chiefjason

He voted to move it to debate. He voted against the bill itself. At least understand that before you make your decision. It's a dangerous tactic, but it also forced a real vote on the issue that may be useful in the next election cycle for folks looking to unseat incumbents. I'm a bit torn on it. I don't really want my 2a rights up for any more debate. But forcing the anti's out into the light may be a good idea too.

Tigerseiken

He voted to move it to debate. He voted against the bill itself. At least understand that before you make your decision. It's a dangerous tactic, but it also forced a real vote on the issue that may be useful in the next election cycle for folks looking to unseat incumbents. I'm a bit torn on it. I don't really want my 2a rights up for any more debate. But forcing the anti's out into the light may be a good idea too.

It was a dangerous tatic, but it does make a record of who votes. Hagan's staffers repeatedly told me via phone that she "supported the rights of gun owners". Of course, it was a stall for constituents calling. Now we can remove her.

papa bear

i got in a discussion with a guy at Walmart today. some reason he was under the impression that Burr had voted for the bill. i had to insist that he had voted against the bill. i had called Burrs office and that is what they told me. i don't think the guy believed me, but he did have doubts in his eyes. now i wonder how many people think that Burr voted for it.

he didn't bat an eye when i said that Hagan voted for it

Chief1297

You would think he could explain what he was doing to his constituents and not just ignore my enquires on where he stood on the matter. If you don’t answer my questions when I ask them, I can’t support you. My opinion you should never give an inch on this topic.