Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Senate passes fine dining concealed weapons bill, S.308 33 - 5

Senate passes fine dining concealed weapons bill, S.308 33 - 5

If the bill to allow weapons in bars and restaurants becomes law, concealed-permit holders would not be allowed to drink alcohol while carrying their guns, and bar and restaurant owners could choose to prohibit firearms. They also could ask anyone carrying a firearm to leave the premises.

Permit holders could not carry guns into restaurants and bars between midnight and 5 a.m.

The stance that guns and alcohol do not mix has been a common refrain among critics, including State Law Enforcement Division Chief Mark Keel. http://www.courier-journal.com/artic...nclick_check=1
    http://www.scstatehouse.gov/billsear...=120&summary=B

Banned
    Sounds like you need to carry an encyclopedia with you too ... of all the stupid laws about anti-gun legislation ...

Is the S 0308 bill in effect? Is "Restaurant carry" now legal in SC? Are there restrictions in hours of carry?

I couldn't seem to find a direct answer in recent news articles, other than the bill has passed. I'm visiting SC this weekend and was planning to carry (VA CCW).
    I want to keep our founding fathers' visions and rights for this country pure. I implore you to do the same.

if you check this link......................

http://www.southcarolinaradionetwork...e-law-in-2013/

it does not appear that the measure had a chance to get to a vote.
    Last edited by RK3369; 10-07-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cirrusly View Post
    Is the S 0308 bill in effect? Is "Restaurant carry" now legal in SC? Are there restrictions in hours of carry?

I couldn't seem to find a direct answer in recent news articles, other than the bill has passed. I'm visiting SC this weekend and was planning to carry (VA CCW).

Details here --> http://www.scgunblog.com/

Scroll down to June 6.
    Last edited by John Canuck; 10-07-2013 at 09:04 PM.

Well it's a good thing it didn't pass, since carry in bars and restaurants that serve alcohol went into effect here in NC I don't think anyone has left one of those places alive...

</sarcasm>

Sorry about that, forgot to turn off the sarcasm...

It's really been a non-issue here, I've carried in all of the places I've been barred from in the past. Silly defective 1911 hasn't killed anyone yet.
    We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.

Thomas Jefferson

well, on the plus side.............

Quote Originally Posted by moonie View Post
    Well it's a good thing it didn't pass, since carry in bars and restaurants that serve alcohol went into effect here in NC I don't think anyone has left one of those places alive...

</sarcasm>
    it will open up the job market some in places where those shootouts happen.......... think of it as a "jobs stimulus bill"...........

on a more serious note, are there any moves afoot to pass an open carry bill in SC?
    Last edited by RK3369; 10-14-2013 at 03:29 PM.

37 Session 120 Bills are listed under the topics FIREARM or WEAPON. S 115

CONSTITUTIONAL, CARRY and OPEN are not search options. Results - Criteria-2 Current as of: Mon Oct 14 17:10:43 2013 Session 120 - 37 Bills Found (* = Passed bill)

S 20 S 85 S 115 S 162 S 195 S 242 S 276 S 285 S 308 S 316 S 413 S 425 S 454 S 455 S 488 S 489 S 512 S*649 S 650 H 3035 H 3044 H 3052 H 3053
    H 3069 H 3072 H 3160 H 3181 H 3186 H 3189 H 3416 H*3560 H 3564 H 3575 H 3627 H 3822 H*4175 H 4226 37 Bills Found

S 115 This act may be cited as the "South Carolina Constitutional Carry Act of 2013".
    http://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess120_.../bills/115.htm

South Carolina has the most wonderful legislative tracking site and on-line statute compendium. It is easy to learn and good for an activist to not have to rely on others that may not be so honest.

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/lits/litsindex.html

It is my opinion that Open and Constitutional Carry will face tough sledding in South Carolina for the influence of the NRA that profits from teaching PRIVILEGES FOR PERMITEES - P4P. Follow the money.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 10-14-2013 at 05:34 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

snip
    Quote Originally Posted by RK3369 View Post
    on a more serious note, are there any moves afoot to pass an open carry bill in SC?
    Yes, S115 had the most potential and was reported out of sub-committee after a round of hearings throughout the state. Unfortunately, the bill's author had it tabled in committee several times while the language was sorted out by some "special interests" in the state. It had some potential as there were parties interested in actual debate on the topic, but late arrivals of the amendments week after week caused it to be sent to the bottom of the committee calendar where I predict it will die during the second half of this session. I hope I'm wrong.

WTF is with the midnight to 5am thing? Everyone who wants to eat at those hours is a criminal? Or are they just "generally" icky and immoral?

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    WTF is with the midnight to 5am thing? Everyone who wants to eat at those hours is a criminal? Or are they just "generally" icky and immoral?
    South Carolina is a hole in the Bible Belt for use while it is cinched tight.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

It's one of those inconvenience things. Anything to make owning or carrying a gun a little more difficult. The other silly ideas they had were only allowing carring in a restaurant with silver bullets, only with barrels over 6", only with barrels under 2", etc. Some of their silliness was pretty comedic.

That language has been amended out of S308 as it stands now. All we have to do is wait for the session to re-start, Senator Scott to run out of steam with his amateur hour filibuster, and get a vote.

Gotta go to the Waffle House and figure it out yourself.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    Gotta go to the Waffle House and figure it out yourself.

Centurion
    So, say you enter lawfully carrying at 2300 (11PM) and don't leave until after 0500 (5AM)? Did you suddenly violate the law during that 5 hour prohibited period where you sat peacefully eating your late dinner/early breakfast and enjoying the company of those in your party?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    So, say you enter lawfully carrying at 2300 (11PM) and don't leave until after 0500 (5AM)? Did you suddenly violate the law during that 5 hour prohibited period where you sat peacefully eating your late dinner/early breakfast and enjoying the company of those in your party?
    In the way the bill was written, I think you did. Sensible? No. It wasn't intended to be. The authors of that amendment don't want you to carry anywhere, anytime.

RE: Senate passes fine dining concealed weapons bill...

Its on the Senate schedule for tomorrow (January 14, 2014), under the heading "MOTION PERIOD - BILLS RETURNED FROM HOUSE" (source).
    Lets hope it gets signed into law soon, so I can adequately protect myself and others at almost every restaurant in SC.
    Last edited by lombax54; 01-14-2014 at 01:15 AM.

The S308 comedy tour reconvened today.

https://scgunblog.wordpress.com/2014...-carry-update/

Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    The S308 comedy tour reconvened today.

https://scgunblog.wordpress.com/2014...-carry-update/
    Well, I guess we will have to wait for our "gaaaans in baaaars" until tomorrow, thanks to Sen. Scott's silliness.

S308 Goes back to House with Amendments.

https://scgunblog.wordpress.com/2014...back-to-house/

Time to talk to the Governor on S308.

https://scgunblog.wordpress.com/2014...-the-governor/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast