• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Respect the Second Amendment

meyati

I started a petition on petition.whitehouse.gov to respect the Second Amendment. It basically says that the federal government does not have the right to enact further laws until the police clean up their act. Police agencies have been receiving tremendous amounts of federal grants to upgrade their departments. The string that was attached to this is that the police are supposed to update the National Data Bank (NICS) with records of convicted murderers and rapists. Many states have not sent in any reports, some states might send in 10 names.

The petition is listed under guns and civil rights. It is my civil right to possess and carry a gun.

I don't trust the federal government, and I understand many people don't care to bring themselves to the attention of the government, but every time we buy a gun and fill out the paperwork, the feds know about it. My son is a disabled vet. When his wife left him, she asked me to move in and care for him. The first thing was fighting the VA. They told me that I had to get rid of my guns. I told them that I wasn't breaking any laws-leave me alone. They told me that I couldn't keep my guns, and hinted that they would have them impounded. I told them that #1-they'd better have a warrant-and since I haven't broken any laws-good luck. If they came in without a warrant, I'd treat them like any other intruder. #2-I have a national security clearance-and the feds know how many plies of toilet paper I use.-So feel free to look for a criminal offense. #3-I bought a lot of my guns from military bases and the feds already know that I have guns-so leave me alone. Get out of my face.

The old vets in my state had the problem of city police waiting down the road from the city/state gun range, and pulling the old vets over- then screaming-gun-gun- hands up, don't move, down on the ground. Then the old men were pounded into the hot or frozen gravel-put in jail-and their guns from the Battle of the Bulge or the breakout at the Chosin Reservoir destroyed. The courts took care of the police. Let's preempt the anti-gun people. I just want to be left alone.

How about all of you signing my petition and let them know we also have civil rights- the right under the second amendment to possess and carry guns? Let's get rid of these politically correct bullies out of our faces. Right now the idiots are planning on going state by state, to get the voters to vote against gun owners. Today it's Washington state.

Thank you.

eye95

Another ridiculous petition on the White House site!

Don't you folks ever learn? There is ZERO good that will ever come from these petitions. Our tyrant-in-chief has amply demonstrated that he is going to do what he will, regardless of what the People think.

All you do by making and signing these silly petitions is create the misimpression that you are doing something while allowing the White House to collect information on its opponents.

Anyone who signs these and, worse, anyone who starts these is doing Obama's bidding for him. I wish they'd knock it off--or, at least, not bring that nonsense here.

palerider116

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367187877.352313.jpg

"Young fool. Only now, at the end, do you understand. Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side! You have paid the price for your lack of vision!" - Emperor Palpatine

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I started a petition on petition.whitehouse.gov to respect the Second Amendment.
How about all of you signing my petition ....

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpl4c_dusty-springfield-wishing-and-hopin_music#.UX2jNJDD-70

Let me know which one gets results.

BTW - I do not want anybody to "respect" the Second Amendment. Heck, ask anyone and they will tell you "Sure, I respect it." Just like they respect their grandmother. Does not mean they do what either one tells them, does it? I would be happy if folks would just comply with what it says.

stay safe.

ron73440

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpl4c_dusty-springfield-wishing-and-hopin_music#.UX2jNJDD-70

Let me know which one gets results.

BTW - I do not want anybody to "respect" the Second Amendment. Heck, ask anyone and they will tell you "Sure, I respect it." Just like they respect their grandmother. Does not mean they do what either one tells them, does it? I would be happy if folks would just comply with what it says.

stay safe.

Not only do they claim to respect it, they have the audacity to claim they actually support it.

It's always "I support the second amendment, BUT"

Politicians, wish I could throw them further, but I still wouldn't trust them that far.