• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stolen gun. Grove City

N605TW

Activist Member
I had my gun stolen out of my vehicle today between 6am and 5pm in Grove City. The thief broke my driver side window rummaged though my stuff and took my Glock 17 out of my locked glove box. They bypassed some personal documents and cash. They got away with my gun, holster, two magazines and my gps.

I write this as a cautionary tale. I thought I was safe and I got hit. I had my gun out of sight and locked in the car. I'm not sure if I was targeted because of the pro gun stickers on my car, my pro gun licence plate or if someone seen me after work put on my gun. Make sure you keep an eye on your surroundings. Stay safe.

JediSkipdogg

Where was the GPS? If on the dash that is why they broke in. Then once they are in, they might as well search for 30 seconds to see what else they can find.

Makarov

Why would you leave your gun in your car anyway ? More than likely, it’s someone you know or the crooks are singling you out because of your suspicions. Just to let you know, the warm weather will bring the criminals out scoping neighborhood areas for prime targets. Keep a vigilant eye out for teens riding bikes with back packs, cars slowly driving by looking at houses and teens walking in groups around your area. Just my advice, I never leave my gun in the car overnight. It’s always near me or by my side.

Last edited:

DetroitBiker

Pro gun stickers on the car is a bad idea in my opinion, it's like advertising "HEY THIS CAR IS MORE LIKELY TO HAVE A GUN THAN THE CAR NEXT TO ME"

maybe your car was targeted,maybe it was just random..Who knows.

I had a snub nose .38 S&W stolen from my wifes vehical in 2011,and it was recovered in february of this year
so ya never know,It might come up on the Police radar, I never thought I would see mine again,but I did..And It was in perfect condition when I got it back.

Hope you get yours back soon OP

here is a link to my story if anyone cares to read it http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=221658

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Sorry about your gun being stolen. Thank you for putting your story out there. I think too many of us just don't think it will ever happen to "me" until it does. I've been very careful and only leave my gun in the vehicle for a short period of time when I can't wear it (e.g. gun free...errr..criminal shopping zones). One thing that may help for short term lockup is locking the gun in a high quality lock box with a combination lock and having the lock box attached to the seat support in the vehicle. I keep mine under the passenger side front seat out of sight. I try to stay away from lock boxes with keys since they are quite easy to pick open.

N605TW

Activist Member
The theft happened close to Stringtown road and I-71.

The GPS was in the center console. I don't have the suction cup anymore so there were no rings on the windshield.

I was at work when the theft occurred and the company is a no gun zone. I don't like keeping my guns in the car but the alternative is going unarmed from home to work and back. I am working on a more secure storage system for my vehicle.

Thanks for the replies.

docachna

gun safe

The theft happened close to Stringtown road and I-71.

The GPS was in the center console. I don't have the suction cup anymore so there were no rings on the windshield.

I was at work when the theft occurred and the company is a no gun zone. I don't like keeping my guns in the car but the alternative is going unarmed from home to work and back. I am working on a more secure storage system for my vehicle.

Thanks for the replies.

Combination lock gun safe, with a cable, is like $40-50. The cable goes around your seat stanchion.

It's nothing that can't be snapped with bolt cutters, but if your bad guy forgot his this particular night, or just doesn't want to take the extra time, it beats losing your gun...