• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carrying everywhere.

Rick H

Hello everyone, to let you all know I'm from Florida
and have been traveling from Florida to Michigan for
the past 4 months because of my son James. By
the way my son James 35 years old past away April 14, 2013
to be with our Lord.
Anyway I've been open carrying the whole time I've
been plus through the travel in all the states except
Florida of course because its not an open carry state.
I've only had one place that I've seen with a gun buster
sign and didn't go in either. I've talked to just about every
business I've entered and asked if they had any objections
And the answer had been just about the same fine if it the
state law.
I have been is couple places that after talking with them
wanting a open carry friendly sucker from like michiganopencarry
And I told them I'll check into it for them.
So far all in all its been perfect , just wanted to share with you all.
Oh by the way I'm in the Waterford, Pontiac, Shelby Twsp, rather
tri county areas.
Sorry for the entry skills my phone is really messing up. ....no clue

FreeInAZ

OK everyone - I am sure he meant OPEN CARRY FRIENDLY STICKER - not "sucker" ...:p

Damn auto-spell.;)

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

On a serious note: I am very sorry to hear of your loss. May you and your family be well in this time of sorrow. My heart goes out to you sir. God bless -

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
Hello everyone, to let you all know I'm from Florida
and have been traveling from Florida to Michigan for
the past 4 months because of my son James. By
the way my son James 35 years old past away April 14, 2013
to be with our Lord.
Anyway I've been open carrying the whole time I've
been plus through the travel in all the states except
Florida of course because its not an open carry state.
I've only had one place that I've seen with a gun buster
sign and didn't go in either. I've talked to just about every
business I've entered and asked if they had any objections
And the answer had been just about the same fine if it the
state law.
I have been is couple places that after talking with them
wanting a open carry friendly sucker from like michiganopencarry
And I told them I'll check into it for them.
So far all in all its been perfect , just wanted to share with you all.
Oh by the way I'm in the Waterford, Pontiac, Shelby Twsp, rather
tri county areas.
Sorry for the entry skills my phone is really messing up. ....no clue

sorry for your loss. btw, we never recommend asking for permission or even drawing attention to the fact that you are carrying a firearm. a lot of people will assume that if you are asking permission, then you are not supposed to have it in their store. just a tip.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Rick H,

My heartfelt condolences; I am sorry for your loss. As a parent myself, I can't even begin to imagine the grief involved when one's child passes. The notion that children will outlive their parents is, unfortunately, commonly wrong.

Although I understand that your travel here was necessitated by need rather than want, I am happy that you were able to travel here and experience OC in Michigan. I wish you well in your travels and you ever get a chance, stop by an open carry event and say hello.

Once again, my condolences on your loss.

Rick H

sorry for your loss. btw, we never recommend asking for permission or even drawing attention to the fact that you are carrying a firearm. a lot of people will assume that if you are asking permission, then you are not supposed to have it in their store. just a tip.

Thank you all words of kindness.
I don't believe the way I go about reassuring my myself and the places I enter as permission rather a opening for a purposeful conversation about the laws and constitutional rights " We the People " have and will lose if we don't stand up for them. I also am a gabby person that loves talking to people therefore its a great way to express my feelings about our governing laws and the direction this country is going and what we as citizens should do in my belief.
Again I've been in around 300 business's and not one problem, all have thanked me for standing up for our right and the little info I have been able to share.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
glad it's worked out for you. i probably get at least 1 person come up and ask about open carry when i'm in a store for longer than 10 minutes. it's frequently the cashiers, but sometimes people will go out of their way to "chase me down" in grocery stores to ask about my gun. it's always when someone says in passing, "thanks for sticking up for our rights"