Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you want PEACE prepare for WAR

If you want PEACE prepare for WAR

A push for gun control is a push for violence.

Si vis pacem, para bellum - Let him who desires peace prepare for war - Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus.

Many who are now stockpiling guns and ammo are preparing for war in hopes that their preparations will bring peace. These are the people who will not accept the confiscation of their god given right to own firearms. To them gun control is tyranny, they have firearms and they will not relinquish them voluntarily. In other words, those that prepare in the hope that developing the capability to resist tyranny will deter those that want to take their firearms and thus preserve the peace.

Yes, it is a different world view. In the eyes of the pro gun prepper, those that prepare for "war" are the peacemakers, and those that prepare for confiscation are the warmongers.

From my cold dead hands – Charlton Heston, Past President, NRA
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Big talk from behind the keyboard never got anything done.

What have you done in the last 7 days to blunt the efforts of the control freaks? If you wait until they are coming to take your guns you have waited too long. How does that saying go? "If it's time to bury them it's time to dig them up and use them."

BTW - these comments are not directed towards the OP. They are for everybody.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

What have you done in the last 7 days to blunt the efforts of the control freaks? If you wait until they are coming to take your guns you have waited too long. How does that saying go? "If it's time to bury them it's time to dig them up and use them."

stay safe.
    I like this saying better:

when they are coming for YOU; get up and go get THEM

The point is about deterrence, not activism

stay safe.
    The point is that many are buying guns and ammo not to go to war with the government, but to deter the government from committing acts which would force a war.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

"But mark my words. This war will be fought not on the frontier or on some distant battlefield, but amongst us -- among our homes. Our children will learn of it with their own eyes. And the innocent will die with the rest of us." - Benjamin Martin, The Patriot

It is a matter not to be taken lightly. That day may come, but until that day, I will continue to pursue peaceful avenues to redress grievances and injustice. On that awful day when it all falls apart, it will be immensely personal and terribly violent. Let us hope and pray to find the wisdom to resolve our problems peaceably as possible.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    --moderator edited--
    Oh, that was brilliant. And you wonder why your local government doesn't want you to have a gun?

Do us a favor, don't give the anti-gunners ammunition.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-30-2013 at 05:45 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Oh, that was brilliant. And you wonder why your local government doesn't want you to have a gun?

Do us a favor, don't give the anti-gunners ammunition.
    Joking .... or you don't want peace lol?

Not Funny David

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    OR if one wants peace .... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Mission Accomplished !
    This was a very serious thread. People are prepping. We know this. This post was about one of the reasons for the prepping.

Your post is not funny and it is not welcome.

You can fix the post. Please delete the offensive part.

Thundar

Quote Originally Posted by palerider116 View Post
    [B]It is a matter not to be taken lightly.[\b]
    And a question that cannot be answered flippantly. I too will keep pounding the pavement (so to speak) to convince are governing leaders but on THAT day? I spend nights staring at my stock wondering just exactly how far I'm willing to go.

==========================================
    NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
    Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
    PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing
    =============================
    NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
    Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
    PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

stay safe.
    Yes.....we've had big talk for years, especially from militias and it amounts to nothing but wasted bandwidth.

I don't think there is a truly peaceful way to bring our government back, but I also hope the clash will go no further than mass disobedience. As the TV anchorman said "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore".

Good posts almost everyone!

And on that day...,

I will remember my friends.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-gal View Post
    And a question that cannot be answered flippantly. I too will keep pounding the pavement (so to speak) to convince are governing leaders but on THAT day? I spend nights staring at my stock wondering just exactly how far I'm willing to go.
    You are right. Once shots are exchanged, there is no saying "oops" or "time out!" Flippancy has no place in such a discussion.

DHS is passing out equipment and grants like there is no tomorrow. Plus reports of their training aids are surfacing. Very alarming.

The 300 fell because of a weak link. Back 1776 era only 10% were willing to take up arms the other 45% were sheeple the other 45 did nothing but stay in the shadows it is the same today. Unless we stick to our guns we are doomed.

Re: If you want PEACE prepare for WAR

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    The point is that many are buying guns and ammo not to go to war with the government, but to deter the government from committing acts which would force a war.
    Some people think the government is doing the same. Careful about this line of thinking though.

Quote Originally Posted by All American Nightmare View Post
    The 300 fell because of a weak link. Back 1776 era only 10% were willing to take up arms the other 45% were sheeple the other 45 did nothing but stay in the shadows it is the same today. Unless we stick to our guns we are doomed.

Well just remember in the revolution the was was not looking so pretty in the south. Two major armies were lost and people were lining up to join the British. It wasn't until they loyalist got trashed on kings mountain did the tide start to change.

Also keep in mind that continental army was plagued with deserters. Just because some were willing to take up arms doesn't mean they are willing to stay and fight.

Then just like then people today do not fully understand why gun owners are a bit upset and not all gun owners are.

I think we need to remember we are in a pr war right now. I think gun owners as a whole will do well to keep that in mind

Quote Originally Posted by crazydude6030 View Post
    Some people think the government is doing the same. Careful about this line of thinking though.
    The government is showing some practical exercises to work out its line of thinking. Be vigilant but prudent.

Well just remember in the revolution the was was not looking so pretty in the south. Two major armies were lost and people were lining up to join the British. It wasn't until they loyalist got trashed on kings mountain did the tide start to change.

Also keep in mind that continental army was plagued with deserters. Just because some were willing to take up arms doesn't mean they are willing to stay and fight.

Then just like then people today do not fully understand why gun owners are a bit upset and not all gun owners are.

I think we need to remember we are in a pr war right now. I think gun owners as a whole will do well to keep that in mind
    We spend too much time looking at the American revolution. Different times, different people, different technology.
    This would be a terrorist war much like the 70's here and the underground fight in the middle east now or Viet Nam in the 60's.

Computer warfare would add to the mix.

We also have to consider the shift in tactics. Marching in columns with the ol' Brown Bess is outmoded. Technology such as planes and drones add another dimension that General Washington never had to worry about.

It's only a PR war until the .gov finds its right moment to make it a live exercise. I'm looking hard for it to see if there is a trend in all of these crazy events. There will be a Reichstag moment. When, where, what and how have yet to be discerned.

Quote Originally Posted by palerider116 View Post

There will be a Reichstag moment. When, where, what and how have yet to be discerned.
    Might be but it won't get solved on OCDO.
    For the most part, we're political activists.
    Planning to take over the world is done on AR15.com/General...I think.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Might be but it won't get solved on OCDO.
    For the most part, we're political activists.
    Planning to take over the world is done on AR15.com/General...I think.
    Oops. Wrong forum!

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    We spend too much time looking at the American revolution. Different times, different people, different technology.
    This would be a terrorist war much like the 70's here and the underground fight in the middle east now or Viet Nam in the 60's.

Computer warfare would add to the mix.
    I disagree what happened during that war offers a load of lessons. They waged a very good pr war to get more support even before the real fighting broke out. You had people in Boston of all places provoking the regulars just for a good front page story.

My point with all of this is gun owners are not being all that effective on the pr side. The Nra is looked at as a joke by more people than not.

Just my two cents, nut I don't think any real fighting or anything will happen. We might here about some guy who took his wife and kid hostage and fired on police or some guy take his tractor and run a few police cars over. Overall I think people will rollover once they can't watch the latest honey boo boo.

Honestly all this talk is rather silly. We can still vote and we can still talk to those around us. That's were people should be focused. Not coming up with some jacked up idea Obama is going to march NATO down our streets to take ar15s from everyone.
    Last edited by crazydude6030; 05-01-2013 at 07:06 AM.

lol look where voting got us... in an even worse situation. so how is voting gonna work?
    HOPE FOR THE BEST, EXPECT THE WORST, PREPARE FOR WAR

Quote Originally Posted by PFC HALE View Post
    lol look where voting got us... in an even worse situation. so how is voting gonna work?
    Picking up a weapon will not change anyone's point of view, you might be able to scare them into not talking but your not changing anything.

Have you looked at the polls lately? If you want to change the course of what's going on you have to change why people vote and who they vote for.

Picking up a weapon will not change anyone's point of view, you might be able to scare them into not talking but your not changing anything.

Have you looked at the polls lately? If you want to change the course of what's going on you have to change why people vote and who they vote for.
    Dude,

We live in a Republic, not a Democracy. That is a really good thing. 4 boxes keep us free - soap box, jury box, ballot box and ammunition box. The 4 boxes are mutually reinforcing and the ammunition box protects our right to all 4 boxes.

The point, however is not about everybody picking up weapons. The point is about the deterrent effect that the people's ability to pick up weapons has upon tyrants.

Said another way: Numerous well armed citizens may deter the tyrants from trying to disarm the citizens.

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery. Patrick Henry
    Last edited by Thundar; 05-01-2013 at 06:32 PM.

I agree that through stockpiling weapons and ammo, and via political discourse we are continually letting the powers that be know that they will have a fight on their hands if they pursue anti-liberty avenues.

The sheriff's across the country (and Jamestown) that said that they would not enforce unconstiutional bans or confiscations are part of the puzzle we need to stand up against tyranny. When the military refuses to follow unconstitutional orders it will be another piece in the puzzle. Oath Keepers keeps getting demonized but their organization of LEO and military simply state they will support and defend the constitution.

I pray that violence is never needed but if it is necessary let it come now while we are armed before a generation or two down the road pisses away their rights being more interested in getting benefits from the government than leading independent lives in liberty. DiFi has already tried to make most firearms non-transferable upon the owners death. It failed so far but will be brought back again when conditions allow.

Once any warfare starts our lives, land, homes, families, sacred honor will all be at risk. To fail is to die knowing we lost the last hope for liberty. To win is to secure liberty for another generation or two before they forget their responsibilities in defending it. My Dad fought in WWII, Korea and if my Mom didn't talk him out of re-uping for the guard he would have been sent to Viet Nam. I value this country and my liberty knowing what cost the prior generations had to pay. Anything other than extreme gratefulness is an insult to their graves.

Now with that said, we know that certain officials would love an outbreak of violence to allow them to declare martial law. We may even see (or have seen) false flag events (Boston Bombing first blamed on tea party types) that are meant to set off those dominos. It is a tricky problem with continual disinformation mixed in with real information. I know we can basically disregard most of what the main stream media regurgitates but even other sources are suspect too. So we have to walk a fine line until we can decide positively that other action is needed. I would love to have my children grow up in an environment where liberty is growing. I see the opposite. Whether it bottoms out, speeds up or reverses will aid any decision of what is needed to advance the cause of liberty.

ETA: Here is a good video of how we got to where we are today. http://vimeo.com/63749370
    Last edited by 45acpForMe; 05-01-2013 at 07:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast