• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If you want PEACE prepare for WAR

Thundar

A push for gun control is a push for violence.

Si vis pacem, para bellum - Let him who desires peace prepare for war - Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus.

Many who are now stockpiling guns and ammo are preparing for war in hopes that their preparations will bring peace. These are the people who will not accept the confiscation of their god given right to own firearms. To them gun control is tyranny, they have firearms and they will not relinquish them voluntarily. In other words, those that prepare in the hope that developing the capability to resist tyranny will deter those that want to take their firearms and thus preserve the peace.

Yes, it is a different world view. In the eyes of the pro gun prepper, those that prepare for "war" are the peacemakers, and those that prepare for confiscation are the warmongers.

From my cold dead hands – Charlton Heston, Past President, NRA

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Big talk from behind the keyboard never got anything done.

What have you done in the last 7 days to blunt the efforts of the control freaks? If you wait until they are coming to take your guns you have waited too long. How does that saying go? "If it's time to bury them it's time to dig them up and use them."

BTW - these comments are not directed towards the OP. They are for everybody.

stay safe.

davidmcbeth

Banned

What have you done in the last 7 days to blunt the efforts of the control freaks? If you wait until they are coming to take your guns you have waited too long. How does that saying go? "If it's time to bury them it's time to dig them up and use them."

stay safe.

I like this saying better:

when they are coming for YOU; get up and go get THEM

Thundar

The point is about deterrence, not activism

stay safe.

The point is that many are buying guns and ammo not to go to war with the government, but to deter the government from committing acts which would force a war.

palerider116

"But mark my words. This war will be fought not on the frontier or on some distant battlefield, but amongst us -- among our homes. Our children will learn of it with their own eyes. And the innocent will die with the rest of us." - Benjamin Martin, The Patriot

It is a matter not to be taken lightly. That day may come, but until that day, I will continue to pursue peaceful avenues to redress grievances and injustice. On that awful day when it all falls apart, it will be immensely personal and terribly violent. Let us hope and pray to find the wisdom to resolve our problems peaceably as possible.

Thundar

Not Funny David

OR if one wants peace .... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Mission Accomplished !

This was a very serious thread. People are prepping. We know this. This post was about one of the reasons for the prepping.

Your post is not funny and it is not welcome.

You can fix the post. Please delete the offensive part.

Thundar

Steeler-gal

It is a matter not to be taken lightly.[\b]

And a question that cannot be answered flippantly. I too will keep pounding the pavement (so to speak) to convince are governing leaders but on THAT day? I spend nights staring at my stock wondering just exactly how far I'm willing to go.

==========================================
NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

stay safe.

Yes.....we've had big talk for years, especially from militias and it amounts to nothing but wasted bandwidth.

I don't think there is a truly peaceful way to bring our government back, but I also hope the clash will go no further than mass disobedience. As the TV anchorman said "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore".

Good posts almost everyone!

sidestreet

And on that day...,

I will remember my friends.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

palerider116

And a question that cannot be answered flippantly. I too will keep pounding the pavement (so to speak) to convince are governing leaders but on THAT day? I spend nights staring at my stock wondering just exactly how far I'm willing to go.

You are right. Once shots are exchanged, there is no saying "oops" or "time out!" Flippancy has no place in such a discussion.

DHS is passing out equipment and grants like there is no tomorrow. Plus reports of their training aids are surfacing. Very alarming.

All American Nightmare

The 300 fell because of a weak link. Back 1776 era only 10% were willing to take up arms the other 45% were sheeple the other 45 did nothing but stay in the shadows it is the same today. Unless we stick to our guns we are doomed.

crazydude6030

The point is that many are buying guns and ammo not to go to war with the government, but to deter the government from committing acts which would force a war.

Some people think the government is doing the same. Careful about this line of thinking though.

crazydude6030

The 300 fell because of a weak link. Back 1776 era only 10% were willing to take up arms the other 45% were sheeple the other 45 did nothing but stay in the shadows it is the same today. Unless we stick to our guns we are doomed.

Well just remember in the revolution the was was not looking so pretty in the south. Two major armies were lost and people were lining up to join the British. It wasn't until they loyalist got trashed on kings mountain did the tide start to change.

Also keep in mind that continental army was plagued with deserters. Just because some were willing to take up arms doesn't mean they are willing to stay and fight.

Then just like then people today do not fully understand why gun owners are a bit upset and not all gun owners are.

I think we need to remember we are in a pr war right now. I think gun owners as a whole will do well to keep that in mind

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Well just remember in the revolution the was was not looking so pretty in the south. Two major armies were lost and people were lining up to join the British. It wasn't until they loyalist got trashed on kings mountain did the tide start to change.

Also keep in mind that continental army was plagued with deserters. Just because some were willing to take up arms doesn't mean they are willing to stay and fight.

Then just like then people today do not fully understand why gun owners are a bit upset and not all gun owners are.

I think we need to remember we are in a pr war right now. I think gun owners as a whole will do well to keep that in mind

We spend too much time looking at the American revolution. Different times, different people, different technology.
This would be a terrorist war much like the 70's here and the underground fight in the middle east now or Viet Nam in the 60's.

Computer warfare would add to the mix.

palerider116

We also have to consider the shift in tactics. Marching in columns with the ol' Brown Bess is outmoded. Technology such as planes and drones add another dimension that General Washington never had to worry about.

It's only a PR war until the .gov finds its right moment to make it a live exercise. I'm looking hard for it to see if there is a trend in all of these crazy events. There will be a Reichstag moment. When, where, what and how have yet to be discerned.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
There will be a Reichstag moment. When, where, what and how have yet to be discerned.

Might be but it won't get solved on OCDO.
For the most part, we're political activists.
Planning to take over the world is done on AR15.com/General...I think.