• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC while on motorcycle

Trigger Dr

Its good to be a little scared to start with, you will not be white knuckled for long. Just do not get too over confident too soon and you will be fine. I have ridden Harleys for the last 44 years this month. Keep in mind motorcycles will hurt you real fast and at the same time they are soooooooo much fun. Ride on.

And if you ride in the dirt, it is a must that the bike gets to ride you a bit too.

sirpuma

I got my bike up and running so we'll have to set up an OC ride. Especially for the Kitsap Peninsula. Perhaps a ride around the Hood Canal or around the Olympic Peninsula.

DCKilla

I have a baby ninja. We try to get out twice a day or so. I've only been riding for about a month now.

godsdaddy

I'm down for an OC ride as well. I OC frequently when I ride (if I'm not riding to work), and never noticed any difference in how ($h!tty) people drive around me.

2006 Yamaha R6
1996 Harley Sporty 1200 Custom (project)

sudden valley gunner

Really? What happened? I'm not aware of this

I could be wrong but I think it was a drug deal at the Peace Arch that went to Supreme court....technically the peace arch is on the Canadian side of the divide......Sanders using the strict letter of the law argued it wasn't a U.S. or Washington problem, the other judges struck him down basically saying close enough. This is recall and I could be wrong on this.

EMNofSeattle

I could be wrong but I think it was a drug deal at the Peace Arch that went to Supreme court....technically the peace arch is on the Canadian side of the divide......Sanders using the strict letter of the law argued it wasn't a U.S. or Washington problem, the other judges struck him down basically saying close enough. This is recall and I could be wrong on this.

Well I know google earth is not an official source, but it puts most of the Arch on the WA side, so on the south side of the arch you're safely in Washington.... as long as google didn't make any screw ups on laying the border line.....

well the coordinates are 49° 0′ 7.66″ N, 122° 45′ 23.49″ W, using the latitude side it appears you're straight on the 49th parallel, assuming the coordinates are set in the center of the Arch.... that plus Washington's wierd case law according to you, means that if one of those spiffy looking mounties says "eh!" you can scurry further on south and then say the State of WA has no PC to arrest you since they've previously declared jurisdiction over that spot... therefore you're breakin no laws...

Last edited:

gsx1138

Fantastic. I carry when I ride but most of the time it's to cold to not have a jacket on. Although this last weekend I OC'd on my Harley to Port Townsend then to Widbey Island and back again. It was an awesome day for sunburns.

sirpuma

Fantastic. I carry when I ride but most of the time it's to cold to not have a jacket on. Although this last weekend I OC'd on my Harley to Port Townsend then to Widbey Island and back again. It was an awesome day for sunburns.

I usually wear my leather jacket (though sometimes my BDU jacket). Sometimes I'll just pull my jacket over and tuck it in behind my pistol. But I've been thinking on throwing on the thigh holster. A thigh holster should work just fine and we could still wear our coats. Of course if you're wearing leathers you may have to figure a way to have it on the outside.

fire suppressor

I ended up getting a tour master jacket that is a little long to prevent wind from coming up while you ride. I It is too much jacket to try and tuck so unless I get a thigh holster open carry while on a motorcycle may be kind of a difficult. I did about 80 miles on my bike today and most of my body is sore. I am going to try and relax tonight and take a few ibuprofen I guess I am sill developing my riding muscles

Batousaii

LoLzers! - Ya, i know about sore muscles after a long ride. Just did the Kidney run from Hightide in Port Orchard, up to port hadlock, over to hwy101, down under the water, and back up to the Bethel saloon where they had roasted pig and more food than 167 bikers could eat. Was on the bike from 10am until 4:30pm that day - It was a blast!!! - But yes I was sore too - haha.

- Open Carry on a motorcycle is a trick - a thigh rig is a realistic answer, just get good retention.

fire suppressor

No one ever told me about sore muscles from riding it was a mean trick when I got off of my bike today! It is a little bit more of a workout than I thought. There is more to it than just sitting and working your throttle

sirpuma

Yep, you get the best control by squeezing the bike with your knees. Really works out those leg muscles. It's hard for me on my bike because of the way the frame is designed and I end up having to ride a bit pigeon-toed.

gsx1138

LoLzers! - Ya, i know about sore muscles after a long ride. Just did the Kidney run from Hightide in Port Orchard, up to port hadlock, over to hwy101, down under the water, and back up to the Bethel saloon where they had roasted pig and more food than 167 bikers could eat. Was on the bike from 10am until 4:30pm that day - It was a blast!!! - But yes I was sore too - haha.

- Open Carry on a motorcycle is a trick - a thigh rig is a realistic answer, just get good retention.

Wow, I think my ass would break with that much bike time. No stops in between? I rode from Bremerton to Mt. Rainier last week and had to stop at least 3 times. Guess it really is time for a new seat.