Thread: Toledo gun buy back

Toledo gun buy back

Toledo is planning a gun buy back very soon .. I think they said may 1st

Founder's Club Member
    They can't buy back what they didn't sell. The term gun buy-back is an anti-gunner term. If we can avoid using the anti-gunners' terminology, we avoid yielding to them the initiative of defining the terms of the argument.

Lets call it a consensual gun surrender. Or, a taxpayer fraud scheme--making taxpayers think they're safer because their money is being spent to pay for guns surrendered by people who wouldn't use them in a crime anyway in order to get guns off the streets that were never on the streets in the first place. Oh, and its prolly unsconstitutional. Where in the Ohio consitution or municipal charters is a locality authorized to spend taxpayer money buying guns from citizens?
    Last edited by Citizen; 04-29-2013 at 11:38 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned
    Not supporting these bits of idiocy, but playing devil's advocate: If they have the authority to buy guns (and clearly they do; they buy them all the time), the question is properly, "Under what authority would they be prohibited from buying guns from individuals instead of corporations?"

Anyone planning on being in Toledo that day who, looking for a bargain, will slightly outbid the city for some of these guns?

It's almost like saving some poor animal from euthanasia at the shelter. Anyone want to adopt this poor helpless gun before it is too late?

What..!!..?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    "Oh, and its prolly unconstitutional."
    What..!!..?

FireStar M40
    Why you never pick a fight with a old man.

Seeing they're too old and tired to fight,

they'll just shoot your butt instead.

I'm a "OLD MAN"!

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FireStar M40 View Post
    What..!!..?

FireStar M40
    Prolly is short for probably.

Government can only do what is authorized. It can't just make it up as it goes along. I'll bet there is no state constitutional authority to spend taxpayer money to buy guns from citizens.

If it weren't for the opportunity to stand on the sidelines and buy good guns cheap, I'll bet a few court injunctions might put a stop to this silliness. I'm not sure how standing would work. I think you gotta suffer an injury before you can apply for an injunction, but I'm not sure. It would be nice to see it tried, though.
    Last edited by Citizen; 05-01-2013 at 11:32 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned
    how much will they take for suspected pipe bombs (or pressure cookers lol) ... I have called several other buy back PDs and at first they say that they cannot buy pipe bombs but then many change their mind ....

Definitely needs to be well attended by law abiding citizens if private transfers are legal in Ohio which, from Eye's response, I would guess they are. I scored 4 pistols for under 400 bucks including a NICE Colt 38 special "Official Police" model from 1964 when I went to the Portland Oregon gun turn in scheme. They were offering $75 gift certs. I was offering CASH and it was awesome to see the people stopping in the entrance to find out what the cash was for, then parking and walking over (turn in was on private property) to sell their firearms to the capitalists circling the parking lot.

Even got good press.

Anyone nearby should definitely try to "attend". I drove 4.5 hours to be there.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Banned
    Toledo is a bit far for me to travel, but I'd love to hear from folks who will have had a similar experience to WtP's.

Prolly is short for probably. Government can only do what is authorized. It can't just make it up as it goes along. I'll bet there is no state constitutional authority to spend taxpayer money to buy guns from citizens. If it weren't for the opportunity to stand on the sidelines and buy good guns cheap, I'll bet a few court injunctions might put a stop to this silliness. I'm not sure how standing would work. I think you gotta suffer an injury before you can apply for an injunction, but I'm not sure. It would be nice to see it tried, though.
    How is the 'state' excused from the BATFags' FFL and Firearms Transaction Record requirements?

Prolly is short for probably.

Government can only do what is authorized. It can't just make it up as it goes along. I'll bet there is no state constitutional authority to spend taxpayer money to buy guns from citizens.
    Not sure they need constitutional authority and in no cases have I actually ever seen government money spent at these events. Generally it's private donations that fund them. I believe I may have seen one or two (not sure if Ohio or not) that have stated it was drug seizure money used.

Even if they did use taxpayer dollars, where's the authority for them to buy police cars? The same authority can be used for this "gun purchasing program."

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    How is the 'state' excused from the BATFags' FFL and Firearms Transaction Record requirements?
    Same way they are when they take a gun in off the streets from criminals. I don't see an FFL on a traffic stop when they arrest a gang banger with a Hi-Point. Now, if they wanted to sell them themselves, that's an entirely different ballgame and not sure how that would work.

Re: Toledo gun buy back

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Toledo is a bit far for me to travel, but I'd love to hear from folks who will have had a similar experience to WtP's.
    I bought a m1903 in gorgeous shape, 170 rounds of 30.06 and a wwII ammo pouch for $50 at the last Seattle gun buyback. Also picked up an Ithaca .22 lever action, and 2 Mossberg .22's for $50 a piece. Seattle was offering $100 Amazon gift cards.
    Too lazy to do a blog! Follow me on Twitter instead! @6ShotScott

Does anyone know for sure if this has happened yet? I'm always looking to add to the collection lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jordysoso View Post
    Does anyone know for sure if this has happened yet? I'm always looking to add to the collection lol
    June 8th 10a- 4pm .. Add TPD Facebook page has it listed.. 50.00 cash

Quote Originally Posted by Yiteurp View Post
    June 8th 10a- 4pm .. Add TPD Facebook page has it listed.. 50.00 cash
    As I said before, anyone that can attend should. We just had one in Oregon this month and I drove 4.5 hours (one way) to attend. I scored some GREAT DEALS.

US Model of 1917, 30-06 Enfield manufactured in Nov 1918 (95 years old) and purchased from the widow of the veteran who carried it home from WWII. Got it for $80.

Remington Model 600 in 308 caliber, manufactured in 1967. Got it for $75.

A Wilkinson Arms "Linda" 9mm pistol (think MAC 10 that looks a little like a sten gun). Got it for $175

Videos of them being fired after getting them home and having all the serial numbers run for stolens:

Model of 1917, 30-06 Enfield: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YNU7ldhovY
    Wilkinson Arms “Linda”: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11w4nahCnEE
    Remington Model 600 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vSiVzcidhY
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.