• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

To Limit Federal Agencies’ Ammunition Purchases

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I'm disappointed then.

Would have thought that the availability of ammunition and the cost of same would have been a legitimate concern for those interested in staying proficient in the various aspects of our RKBA.

Nah. All the hoarders are busy feeling smug for thinking they predicted something that nobody else did (when in fact everybody else did). Everybody else has already expressed their annoyance.

Frankly, I think DHS agents should be supplied with ammo in accordance with the poverty line.

No, strike that. I think DHS agents should be disarmed, right before being summarily fired.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if newbies can't buy .22, and to a lesser extent .223 and 9mm, then the 2nd amendment is on the slow road to irrelevance. It's just that simple. Keep that in mind next time you buy more than you need. Keep that in mind when faced with supporting or opposing government ammunition purchasing.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
^^^THIS^^^

How about a private sector solution; ammo manufacturers do not sell to the fedgov more than a years worth of ammo. Congress critters could reduce the DHS's budget by the amount they have spent on ammo in next years budget. Better yet, defund the DHS.

As a practical matter, defunding the DHS would require (wait for it)... A LAW.

Laws are the best thing since sliced bread when they limit government. Imagine how great the world would be if every law prohibiting some trivial and irrelevant personal action was traded for a law preventing some or other government action.

Kind of making me drool just thinking about it.

Waiting for "private sector solutions" in a distorted market, where government creates artificial and anti-productive incentives, is like waiting for hell to freeze over.

Otherwise, the parasitic and anti-productive military industrial complex would have shriveled to a decent, sustainable size decades ago.

Last edited:

OC for ME

As a practical matter, defunding the DHS would require (wait for it)... A LAW.

Laws are the best thing since sliced bread when they limit government. Imagine how great the world would be if every law prohibiting some trivial and irrelevant personal action was traded for a law preventing some or other government action.

Kind of making me drool just thinking about it.

Waiting for "private sector solutions" in a distorted market, where government creates artificial and anti-productive incentives, is like waiting for hell to freeze over.

Otherwise, the parasitic and anti-productive military industrial complex would have shriveled to a decent, sustainable size decades ago.
Obviously it takes a law the (wait for it)... FEDERAL BUDGET, also (wait for it)... NOT a NEW law. Funny how government works.

I like your trading laws scheme.

I will obey a law to not pick my nose in public, even when kids are not around, if the GFSZ Act is stricken from the books....fair trade it seems to me.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Obviously it takes a law the (wait for it)... FEDERAL BUDGET, also (wait for it)... NOT a NEW law. Funny how government works.

I like your trading laws scheme.

I will obey a law to not pick my nose in public, even when kids are not around, if the GFSZ Act is stricken from the books....fair trade it seems to me.

With all due respect, you're delusional if you think we've had a president since Bush I who would even consider submitting a budget with anything but increased "defense" spending.

OC for ME

With all due respect, you're delusional if you think we've had a president since Bush I who would even consider submitting a budget with anything but increased "defense" spending.
Calling me delusional if I think 'X' is not being respectful. Anyway...

I do not disagree with your assessment of how the fedgov really works. I merely pointed to the fact that a new (a law that did did not exist before, the "budget law" is technically a "new" law every year) law is not required to be passed to accomplish a great many good things that limit the fedgov.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Calling me delusional if I think 'X' is not being respectful. Anyway...
If you say so.

I do not disagree with your assessment of how the fedgov really works. I merely pointed to the fact that a new (a law that did did not exist before, the "budget law" is technically a "new" law every year) law is not required to be passed to accomplish a great many good things that limit the fedgov.
Yes, the budget is a law, it must be passed. But that doesn't change the fact that for all intents and purposes, its basic structure is dictated by the executive. And, for what boil down to reasons of petty partisan politics, the likelihood of another president willing to take what will amount to sole blame for "slashing defense spending" is basically zero.

I would never think to oppose any law that congress might pass limiting the executive, itself, its spending, its purchases, or anything else.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
.. Back on topic, have we heard any new news on this?

Seems that DHS is ignoring any attempts at control.

DHS Seeks Millions More Rounds of Ammunition

Market survey asks companies if they can provide 2 million bullets within 30-60 day period
Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
May 3, 2013

The Department of Homeland Security has released a market survey asking companies if they are able to provide 2 million rounds of ammunition within a short time period, increasing concerns that the federal agency is continuing its arms build up in preparation for domestic unrest.
http://www.infowars.com/dhs-seeks-millions-more-rounds-of-ammunition/

Last edited: