• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'ing near Denver, how do you know when you've entered Denver?

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
In a few months I might make a trip to Colorado, and I think I'd be mainly outside of Denver but in the neighboring municipalities, like Golden and Lakewood. Sadly, Colorado does not recognize my Nevada permit. Nor does my Utah permit work because I am not a resident of Utah. So while in Colorado I have no choice but to open carry if I want to be armed. Since this isn't allowed in Denver, is it apparent when you cross into Denver? Do the road signs change color or the pavement change? On the roads into Denver is there a sign to tell you that you are crossing into Denver county?

Also, are there any other municipalities other than Denver which prohibit open carry?

Last edited:

CO-Joe

In a few months I might make a trip to Colorado, and I think I'd be mainly outside of Denver but in the neighboring municipalities, like Golden and Lakewood. Sadly, Colorado does not recognize my Nevada permit. Nor does my Utah permit work because I am not a resident of Utah. So while in Colorado I have no choice but to open carry if I want to be armed. Since this isn't allowed in Denver, is it apparent when you cross into Denver? Do the road signs change color or the pavement change? On the roads into Denver is there a sign to tell you that you are crossing into Denver county?

Also, are there any other municipalities other than Denver which prohibit open carry?

You can just feel it, it starts as a twitch in your right eye, and then your sphincter puckers up in anticipation of bad things to come.
Seriously, though, around the borders of Denver, it's nigh impossible to tell you've crossed from one jurisdiction to another. Bigger roads may have an itty-bitty sign you'll never see, and that's about it. The best thing I can recommend is to bring a map along, outline Denver county as no-go, and keep good track of where you're at.

rushcreek2

I personally plan is to refuse to spend a discretionary penny in commerce within Denver.

I urge my friends and family to try to adopt a similar plan until Obama's Colorado "Reconstruction" administration is thrown out in 2014.

Vader33

All major streets in Denver have the logo of the city of Denver on the street signs, as do most every other city in the Denver metro. Denver's not an easy town to miss.

Sent from my iPhone in between re-loads...

Saxxon

There are limits on the open carry ban also. If you are travelling thru Denver they can't get you for open carry in your vehicle. I believe this holds if you stop for gas, but then of course the police can always make you a test case. They rely on that to enforce non-law on the public, fear of persecution. That attitude is a large part of why my lawyers and I are moving with a lawsuit against another city here for over-stepping the bounds and trying to make up law on the spot to deprive people of their rights.