• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gwen Moore-Pathetic Congressional rep in the Peoples Republic of Milwaukee

tomm1963

Below is the response i received from my congresswoman, seriously out of touch with reality...thank god the House is not in Democrap hands any longer.

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to new gun violence prevention legislation. As you know, the tragedies in Aurora, Brookfield, Newtown, Chicago, and across the country have prompted discussions surrounding ways that we can better prevent such senseless tragedies from occurring.

I strongly believe in preserving the Second Amendment protections under the United States Constitution and its guarantee that citizens have the right to own guns. However, that does not mean that the federal government has no place in commonsense practices that keep our communities safe by limiting the avenues that allow legal guns to end up in the hands of dangerous individuals.

For example, I join 90% of Americans who believe that background checks should apply to all prospective gun purchasers regardless if they buy from a registered gun store, a private seller, or at a gun show. A majority of responsible gun owners also agree that our laws should not contain loopholes that allow criminals, domestic violence offenders, the dangerously mentally ill, and other prohibited persons from easily obtaining guns. I am a cosponsor of the Fix Gun Checks Act that would require universal background checks of all sales and also incentivize states to turn over more important records into our background check database. This bill is currently pending in the House Judiciary Committee.

I am also supportive of efforts to give our law enforcement tools to adequately enforce both new and existing gun laws. For example, I believe that after six years, it is long overdue for the Senate to confirm a permanent director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE). I am also a cosponsor of legislation that removes certain riders in our appropriations bills that, among other things, prohibit the BATFE from requiring gun stores to keep inventories. Likewise, I am supportive of removing a prohibition that prevents the BATFE from inspecting bad-actor gun stores (that sell high numbers of crime guns) more than once a year. Finally, I am a cosponsor of bipartisan anti-trafficking legislation that will give prosecutors more effective tools to crack down on straw purchasers (where a non-prohibited person purchases a gun on behalf of another prohibited person).

While I respect guns in the hands of responsible owners for hunting, collecting, and home defense, I do not think there is a sensible place for military style weapons in our communities. As you may know, the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban expired in 2004, and I am currently a cosponsor of new legislation that will reinstate and modify this ban. Of particular importance is one provision that prohibits the transfer, importation, or manufacturing of high capacity magazines (more than 10 rounds). There is no practical need for more ammunition in a gun at any one time than 10 rounds for hunting or personal safety. Law enforcement experts and citizens alike have highlighted this proposal from a tactical standpoint because it limits the number of bullets shooters can fire before an opportunity arises to subdue them. These bills are currently pending in the House Judiciary Committee.

I am also concerned about the role of inadequate mental health care in our country that these shootings have brought to national attention. It is important to recognize that mentally ill Americans are generally not dangerous, and in fact are more likely to be victims of violence than perpetrators. I do believe however that improving our mental health infrastructure is an important part of this conversation. According to the National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors, states have cut at least $4.35 billion in public mental-health spending from 2009 to 2012. Of particular note, it is estimated that one in five children has a diagnosable mental disorder which can worsen over time if left untreated. To help increase mental health services to our children, I am a cosponsor of the Mental Health in Schools Act. This bill would increase the funding and scope of the existing Safe School-Health Student program so that our schools have adequate mental health support services, competently trained and available professionals, education for parents and family members, and proper documentation of outcomes. This bill is currently pending in the House Committee on Energy and Commerce.

Although we may not agree on all of these issues, I believe that the American people have a strong will to find middle ground. Rest assured I will continue to fight for a reasonable balance between upholding Second Amendment rights and commonsense policies that protect our communities from dangerous guns falling into the hands of dangerous individuals.

Thank you again for contacting me about this issue.

Sincerely,

pkbites

I strongly believe in preserving the Second Amendment protections under the United States Constitution and its guarantee that citizens have the right to own guns. However

It's always "However" or "But" or "Although" isn't it?

And then they start yammering about protecting or helping law enforcement. Well don't do me any favors, "lady"!!!!!
Most cops don't believe in any of your positions. Not that the opinions of police officers should affect the Constitutional rights of anyone in the first place.

The one and only time I ever met Moore some woman near her (aide? volunteer?) stated "Gwen represents us in Congress". She turned red as a beet when I loudly exclaimed "LIKE H*LL SHE DOES!!!!"

Have Gun - Will Carry

Exactly what I would expect from this particular libtard. Pathetic is right, you nailed that one!

(quoted from Gwen Moore's letter)
Although we may not agree on all of these issues, I believe that the American people have a strong will to find middle ground. Rest assured I will continue to fight for a reasonable balance between upholding Second Amendment rights and commonsense policies, blah, blah, blah...

We've already found the middle ground: "Shall not be infringed." She's way past the middle of this ground, and I sure wish she'd stay on her side of it! There is no "reasonable balance between upholding Second Amendment rights" and any policy. This Constitutionally-protected natural right isn't up for discussion - it is (or should be) inviolable!

All I can say is try to work toward unseating this inner-city loser, because you will never change her mind. I know that seems near impossible, but it's the only hope for reversing this cycle of bad policies.

I wish I could help vote her out, but she's not in my district. Thank God.

pkbites

she's not in my district. Thank God.

Lucky you.

My Rep in the State Assembly is a conservative Republican, my State Senator is a conservative Republican, but my U.S. Congress Rep is a whack job lefty Democrat? WTF is with these district lines? If I lived 2 blocks to the south, or 2 blocks to the west my Congressman would be Jim Sensenbrenner, who received an A grade from both the NRA and GOA.

MKEgal

I managed to make it to "90%" before I had to stop.
It's the SS, DD. :mad:
And yes, unfortunately she's considered my elected representative too. :cuss:
I regularly complain to her, get the same canned BS in responses.

Last edited: