• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Youngstown Open Carry event on May 5th

mcametal

Is anyone goin to attend? I will be there. If time permits I would also like to take a short drive to Poland, Ohio. They have a Park there that is posted. I've spoke to the Chief and he refuses to take it down.

Troy bilt

I will be there. Any one know of any good parks that I may find some migratory birds to photograph? This will be smack dab in the middle of Warbler season and I would hate to wast a day. I would also be up for a mushroom hunt. City park open carry :banana::banana:

NEOOpenCarry

Walk

Look forward to seeing everyone there. This will hopefully be a good turnout. I will bring lots of flyers.

mcametal

I will be there. Any one know of any good parks that I may find some migratory birds to photograph? This will be smack dab in the middle of Warbler season and I would hate to wast a day. I would also be up for a mushroom hunt. City park open carry :banana::banana:

Mill Creek Park and Poland Woods would be great for both!

eye95

IMO, it is entirely proper to criticize what one posts--as I am heartily criticizing your insulting post. However, posts that insult the person who posted are despicable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

MyWifeSaidYes

I am taking 1 passenger and have room for 4 more (minivan).

Anyone need a ride? If so, PM me.

I'll be leaving from Galloway (west of Columbus) by 7:30am so you only need to get that far.

Troy bilt

I am taking 1 passenger and have room for 4 more (minivan).

Anyone need a ride? If so, PM me.

I'll be leaving from Galloway (west of Columbus) by 7:30am so you only need to get that far.

I,ll be in Sandusky. You can pick me up at 8:lol:

MyWifeSaidYes

Is anyone goin to attend? I will be there. If time permits I would also like to take a short drive to Poland, Ohio. They have a Park there that is posted. I've spoke to the Chief and he refuses to take it down.

Do you have a link to the Poland, OH ordinances? If they are online, I haven't found them yet.

Is Poland a village, a township or both? In any case, someone will need to attend a council or trustee meeting and point out that the signs in the park are illegal under R.C. 9.68, and that the signs expose them to lawsuits.

eye95

Photos from the event:

7ybyma2e.jpg

8u5u9ygy.jpg

<o>

Troy bilt

I feel bad that I did not attend this event. I am laid off right now and had a tuff time spending the $40 in fuel. I also had an opportunity to make some cash today. Not a big fan of the situation but that is life.

Looks like a good turn out. Did everything go well?

Hareuhal

I was in Youngstown all weekend but I was on base, so naturally I was unable to attend.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

eye95

I feel bad that I did not attend this event. I am laid off right now and had a tuff time spending the $40 in fuel. I also had an opportunity to make some cash today. Not a big fan of the situation but that is life.

Looks like a good turn out. Did everything go well?

Next time, let us know. We could have given you a ride. I could have shot up to Troy before hitting Columbus. Dave, his son, Chuck, Joanie, and I carpooled to Youngstown. We could have taken one more.

This is a common effort. We will help each other. Ask.

<o>