• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Want a 2nd medical opinion? Obamacare don't care ! Cops steal baby

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ey-seek-2nd-medical-opinion-and-its-on-video/

The doctors at Sutter Memorial allegedly argued against consulting other health experts, pressuring her to stay put. Anna remained firm. She took her baby from the hospital without a proper discharge, and went straight to Kaiser Permanente Hospital.

No baby for you !

Get ready, its just beginning ....

That's what they get for opening the door ... this couple is now getting a 50 cal rifle (or should be)

Last edited:

beebobby

Are you saying they should have a sniper rifle to stop the police? They would end up dead and the baby would become a ward of the state. They left the hospital without a discharge and the hospital, by law, was required to report it to the police. More tinfoil hattery. Stop visiting infowars.

stealthyeliminator

Are you saying they should have a sniper rifle to stop the police? They would end up dead and the baby would become a ward of the state. They left the hospital without a discharge and the hospital, by law, was required to report it to the police. More tinfoil hattery. Stop visiting infowars.

Stop visiting infowars when the article referenced is clearly at theblaze.com? You don't even address the fact that the police went to the parents home and took their baby by force. Nor do you address the fact that, by all indication, the very life of the baby could have been in danger by subjecting it to the care at that facility. Try framing a genuine point of view and backing it up with some sound reasoning next time, instead of immediately trying to derail the thread into wild stereotypes and name calling. Your post is about as constructive as a lean-to on a sand bar. What is the moral justification of the confiscation? If the parents were in fear for the baby's life why shouldn't they prepare to defend the life of their baby by force? What difference does it make that a person is wearing a lab coat or a piece of metal on their shirt? If I had a kid and someone came to take him to a place that I believe he'd be in danger (such as a kidnapper, perhaps?), I can't help but imagine I'd probably drop them dead. And by making statements like those, which are probably perfectly reasonable according to any good parent, I'll probably be advised that I'm subjecting myself to investigation and/or harrasment by law enforcement. I guess there's a little justification for those tin-foil hats after all, huh?

Steeler-gal

They left the hospital without a discharge and the hospital, by law, was required to report it to the police. More tinfoil hattery.

Why is the hospital required to report this to the police?

==========================================
NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

beebobby

"Sacramento County Child Protective Services told NBC News in a statement that the law is clear: “If there is imminent risk of serious physical harm to the child and there is insufficient time to obtain a court order to remove the child from the care of the parents ... the social worker or law enforcement officer can remove the child.”

Sutter Memorial Hospital also released a statement that said: “Our nurses and physicians are bound by duty to call authorities if they believe a pediatric patient's health is in danger. We fully support the judge's decision and are confident the family will receive an excellent second opinion from Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford.”
Quoted from
http://www.today.com/health/parents...hild-after-we-sought-second-medical-6C9708419

So it turns out that the parents didn't need a 50 cal to come to a resolution and Obamacare was not involved.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

"Sacramento County Child Protective Services told NBC News in a statement that the law is clear: “If there is imminent risk of serious physical harm to the child and there is insufficient time to obtain a court order to remove the child from the care of the parents ... the social worker or law enforcement officer can remove the child.”

Sutter Memorial Hospital also released a statement that said: “Our nurses and physicians are bound by duty to call authorities if they believe a pediatric patient's health is in danger. We fully support the judge's decision and are confident the family will receive an excellent second opinion from Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford.”
Quoted from
http://www.today.com/health/parents...hild-after-we-sought-second-medical-6C9708419

So it turns out that the parents didn't need a 50 cal to come to a resolution and Obamacare was not involved.

IF there is a risk of harm, NOT taking a baby home when the hospital refuses a second opinion. AND they immediately took the baby to another doctor who cleared the baby to go home. The hospital should be held both criminally and civilly responsible, the police also. This clearly was not a matter for police.

davidmcbeth

Banned

Not all 50 cal rifles are sniper rifles ... and what do you want? Want you kid growing up in a fascists' world?

Ha, I do like the infowars reference ... I don't like to quote a story from there although he makes good points most of the time...

My kid was home when the cops threatened to send a swat team over to my house if I did not allow an illegal entry ... I still refused. Go figure, some will not bend (some will - for "the children").

tin foil hattery..lol

Thanks for the post though...like you cannot leave a hospital (been told that before and left anyway) ...

77zach

The fascist sympathizer beebobby is more correct than he knows.

Per the California "Supreme" Court, all children are owned and controlled by the state. Parents are allowed to keep their children at the state's discretion. Too lazy to reference. You can find it in the decision criminalizing home schooling within the state.

WalkingWolf

Not all 50 cal rifles are sniper rifles ... and what do you want? Want you kid growing up in a fascists' world?

Ha, I do like the infowars reference ... I don't like to quote a story from there although he makes good points most of the time...

My kid was home when the cops threatened to send a swat team over to my house if I did not allow an illegal entry ... I still refused. Go figure, some will not bend (some will - for "the children").

tin foil hattery..lol

Thanks for the post though...like you cannot leave a hospital (been told that before and left anyway) ...

I had the hospital do it once after a heart attack. I was there for a week and there was no need to stay any longer. I called the insurance company and told them to cut off payments, I was released in a hour.

davidmcbeth

Banned
here is some of the other part to the story;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29FhZ5Dseec

tried to find the story of the German couple being deported because they home schooled.

these are the same tactics the Nazi's and the Soviets used in the twentieth century

And now are being applied in the US ... and our school system does not need more $$$ .. they need to improve standards & this does not cost $$ at all ... hey, you cannot do algebra? Hey, you don't graduate...simple. They'd be learn'in some algebra then.

Freedom1Man

You have failed to cite the law, you have only cited the hospitals STATED (not even cited) policies.

Freedom1Man

The fascist sympathizer beebobby is more correct than he knows.

Per the California "Supreme" Court, all children are owned and controlled by the state. Parents are allowed to keep their children at the state's discretion. Too lazy to reference. You can find it in the decision criminalizing home schooling within the state.

Would not that only apply if you got a SSN for the child? I would very much like to know the case you are referring to so I can pull it up and read it.