• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

All hell is about to break loose

Red Dawg

Just WOW!!

I can't believe the Letter...Really? If he knows so much about laws he is "enforcing" then he should also know that a properly holstered handgun is not BRANDISHING.. What makes a simple piece of cloth coving a gun safer? How does the same piece of cloth make it less harmful to a cause? We fight for the rights of all, and it truly boggles the mind when people "in power" want to pick and choose the ways to sell their agenda.

2a4all

So Tom would have us believe that OCing is "brandishing"?

Don't display your gun or we'll poke fun;
Don't be a fool; follow Tom's Rule

Dem gun totin' rednecks'll give us all a bad name 'cuz dey doesn't foller da rools!:eek:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Suffice it to say that I and others will be there in the Convention Center, in the Hospitality rooms and on the streets of the Commonwealth exercising our right to protect and defend while educating and promoting that very right.

Those that wish to deprive me/us of that right under color of law or otherwise infringe my free ability to express my 1st Amendment rights might do well to bring their check book and their lunch.

I do not seek confrontation, but have little patience for false information or those that make up rules to fit their agenda.

It has been said that the GAB is "the people's house" - this is then the "people's forum" and liberty will reign supreme.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Suffice it to say that I and others will be there in the Convention Center, in the Hospitality rooms and on the streets of the Commonwealth exercising our right to protect and defend while educating and promoting that very right.

Those that wish to deprive me/us of that right under color of law or otherwise infringe my free ability to express my 1st Amendment rights might do well to bring their check book and their lunch.

I do not seek confrontation, but have little patience for false information or those that make up rules to fit their agenda.

It has been said that the GAB is "the people's house" - this is then the "people's forum" and liberty will reign supreme.

Gonna finish checking on it in a few minutes Grape. I did pick up the thing we were confused about.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Gonna finish checking on it in a few minutes Grape. I did pick up the thing we were confused about.

I was assured by an AG candidate's point man that OC would not be a problem, was specifically and cordially invited to their Hospitality suite. BTW - he was OCing & wearing a GSL sticker.

What major participant in this venue would like to step forward and be indentified as not being 100% behind our rights and the law(s) of the Commonwealth of Virginia?

There is absolutely no reason that this should be an issue/question - none. Let's get on with the job of supporting the candidate(s) of our choice.

That is all I have to say.

MKEgal

What an ignorant person, and his statements say a lot about him (projection).
Never, however, have I felt the necessity to display it openly as a “badge of courage”
...“casual commandos”
Power trip – The need to present the appearance of power to overcome feelings of inadequacy.
Need for authority - …anything that would give them a feeling of power over others.
None of which comes close to describing my attitude, mindset, reasons for carrying, etc.
Well, except for the power / inadequacy thing. I know that, unarmed, I'm less powerful than most criminals.

WHY do you feel the need to brandish your weapons openly...
Law enforcement agencies train their officers to pay close attention to anyone who feels compelled to openly brandish a loaded weapon in public.
Needs to look up the definition of brandishing.
And why does he think it's related to OCD? ("compelled")

Several of those attending were actually making comical statements about one of your members
And he didn't step in to stop the bullying, tell them that their statements were inappropriate?
Wonder if those same attendees were making fun of people using wheelchairs or canes, or people wearing religious symbols, or women, or non-whites...

openly carry a fully-loaded, semi-automatic weapon
...also felt it necessary to carry multiple extra clips
So a revolver would be OK, or a semiauto that didn't have a round in the chamber?
And I doubt they were really carrying clips (unless they had revolvers).
Ignorance.

Virtually every Virginian, with the exception of felons and nut cases, has the right to openly carry a weapon
So why is he getting his panties in a twist about it? Did he get upset about people having a gathering, talking to each other, expressing any other opinions?
Why does he need to feel special, and how does a gov't license do that for him? Does he feel special 'cause he can drive, but not everyone can?
And here's more evidence as to why he didn't stop the bullying - he looks down on people too: "nut cases", "casual commandos"...

You may have a fishing license, but do you feel compelled to carry your rod and reel to the movies?
Never knew there to be a pond or stream in the theater.
There are, however, many news stories of criminals shooting guns in theaters.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Grapeshot is correct!

There is NO problem carrying open or Concealed. The whole issue is a Tea Party member that wanted to stir the pot...and he did.

Too many other things going on now to do more than tell the Tea Party to stuff it.

Thundar

hey wasn't there a libertarian candidate who almost got elected dog catcher one time in VA?

Well, I wish there was a dog catcher running for Guv'na! Ken screwed by the Cooch will lose to Terry McTyranny. Why? That FBI investigation thing looks really bad. People don't like it.

If he actually speaks with delegates at the convention I will ask him about that vacation!

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
That's true David but the libertarians don't win any more elections than the Bear Clan Party and the Bears are more enjoyable to be around.
icon_roflmao.gif

A: I'm loads of fun. Epic fun.

B: Virginia really needs some libertarian office holders. The R-D back-and-forth is better than hegemony of one side, but not by much.

77zach

She's doing what the rest of us in Va are trying to do. Get and keep good people in office. The alternative is doing nothing or voting for people who couldn't win a cooking contest.

Can't help what the last couple of Presidents did. We haven't had one since I started voting almost 50 years ago...why should we start now.

If it makes you feel better..I'm not voting at all this year. I'm just gonna sit around and bitch.

Yeah I don't vote. I have no influence whatsoever and there was no one worth voting for anyway. My reps concern themselves with banning bath salts and bongs. Must be nice living in Va, it sounds like you've made real progress.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Must be nice living in Va, it sounds like you've made real progress.

The thanks go to people like Grapeshot, Skidmark, VCDL (when they're behaving) OCDO, Thundar and everyone that makes enough noise to be heard.
They might not agree on everything but they sure cast a long shadow.

Last edited:

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
I say this letter displays a stated ignorance:

I will be happy to answer your question. As an organizer for the Peninsula Patriots, I have been to many meetings, rallies, Tea Parties, Etc, both listening to, and presenting, 2nd Amendment speeches to those attending the events. In virtually EVERY case, a member of the media is present, with photographers, to “catch”
those choosing to openly carry at the events. The story is then changed to make the story about the “GUN” and not our RIGHT to carry one. I carry a gun every day, and have had occasions to use it to protect myself, and others, from certain death. Never, however, have I felt the necessity to display it openly as a “badge of courage”, although I will fight to the death to defend my right, and yours, to do so.

The "RIGHT" to carry is fully infringed and abridged and not a "RIGHT" when you accept that it requires a certificate of privilege (CHP) to exercise this right in the manner he states.
The "RIGHT" to carry a "GUN" should be just that, mode of carry should not matter. It is hypocritical to state you support it (but only concealed because any other way is bad image) but then don't.

This anti-gunner and guys like him are the main reason I cut all ties with the tea party organization I was involved with and was working to provide some webserver support for, years back. I was leery about the meetings not allowing guns, or being held at places that didn't allow guns, and my questions were dismissed summarily with the wave of a hand.

I get trying to control the message, but lets face it A) the media would find something else to focus on besides the message (hey look at that big yellow flag, is that a snake?) and B) Why would he consider a message of open carry to be negative? Sounds like a personal bias.

Meanwhile not all in the organizations agreed with that attitude, but there were so many other in-fights amongst leadership and wanna be leadership there wasn't the ability to form a consensus at the time, sort of like herding cats. Which is how so many different splinter groups formed.

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
Just a quick stroll down memory lane and I want to stress that many Tea Party members don't know about the nonsense their leaders pull....

http://news.oldva.org/?p=1644

Don I manned the table with Bubba Ron and his wife. I believe we were set up right next to the Tea Party table and they didn't seem to have a problem with us just Tom. We were asked to cover up our guns and Ron was so ticked he almost left. The owner didn't have any problems and there were plenty of people who came by to get info and GSL stickers. They didn't seem to have a problem with it. I know Philip and Dennis attended and I believe one of them spoke at that event. It turned out to be a good day.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Don I manned the table with Bubba Ron and his wife. I believe we were set up right next to the Tea Party table and they didn't seem to have a problem with us just Tom. We were asked to cover up our guns and Ron was so ticked he almost left. The owner didn't have any problems and there were plenty of people who came by to get info and GSL stickers. They didn't seem to have a problem with it. I know Philip and Dennis attended and I believe one of them spoke at that event. It turned out to be a good day.

I wasn't at the event and got the email only because I did a story on it.
I had done similar stories before though based on events, I had attended. The Richmond Tea Party was absolutely famous for using venues that didn't allow guns. I was asked to leave several of them and the head honker for the Tea party wouldn't even discuss it.

That's not to say everyone in the TP is bad or anti. DrMark's brother is in the same TP and is a great fellow as well as pro gun. The problem is with what little oversight the individual groups have with the State and National Party. There is a definite avoidance of guns there.

This fellow at the Convention is a good example. Spread a little bad information to hide the guns.

The property owner at your event BTW did post here and explained that he was told by the leaders they didn't want open carry.

Here's some more of memory lane:

[h=1]Is the Tea Party Anti-Gun[/h]
Just imagine planning a Civil Rights Rally…and holding it in a Ku Klux Klan Hall.
Boy howdy, think how surprised those folks looking to enforce their rights under God and the United States Constitution, would be, when they’re greeted by a gentleman with a hood on his head and a noose in his hand and a smile on his face. Nothing like good planning.
Today, I briefly attended the off site Washington D.C. Tea Party. It was held at Bailey’s Pub and Grille in Chesterfield.
As most readers know, I am or was, a strong supporter of the Richmond Tea Party. I’ve done photo stories on several of them.

The last one was at the Chesterfield Fairgrounds. Great location…except for one little detail. They closed all the Fairground parking lots to everyone but persons actually working there, and the only other parking was at the school across the street.
And you ask, what’s the problem? Well, it’s illegal to bring a firearm onto school property in Virginia. CHP holders may leave the weapon in their vehicle but common folks can’t even do that. Violation is one of those major, gonna get you arrested and thrown in a cell with Big Bubba, kind of laws.
Did the Tea Party Care….Hell no! One can pass over one little error like that as Purdy Stoopid, but forgivable.
Enter today’s faux pas. The off site rally was held at Bailey’s which is so anti gun, it’s foaming at the mouth. See todays story about my adventures in Baileyland.
[h=1]Bailey’s Pub and Grille.. A Haven for Criminals ?[/h]After my encounter with the Manager at the door, I went back to the Rally and spotting this Gentleman, whom looked important, I asked “Who’s in charge here”? He acknowledged he was.

539__320x240_tea-1.jpg

I asked him why they would choose to promote an anti gun establishment. He said they weren’t anti gun, they just didn’t want any guns in here.
Well hush my mouth…just how in hell does that make any sense? So I asked, “Is that the best answer you can come up with?”
[FONT=tahoma, arial, sans-serif]Obviously busy counting heads, he said “Look Call VCDL”.[/FONT]
I told him I was a VCDL member and as of the last meeting, we still had our guns on.
His reply before he turned and snipped away…”Tell VCDL to pick the place next time”.
[FONT=tahoma, arial, sans-serif]Now I always like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but that boy ain’t right! My conclusion is that the Richmond Tea Party just flat doesn't give a damn about gun rights. There’s no other explanation![/FONT]
I invite the Tea Party to explain these two lapses in judgment. I’ll happily print them.
Until then