Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To the member on here that sought out my employer at the Puyallyp gun show...

To the member on here that sought out my employer at the Puyallyp gun show...

So you felt so strongly about my trying to help people find supplies that you seek out my boss at the gun show and talk to him about my inappropriate behavior on here? Really? How petty do you have to be to pull something like that?

I was thanked verbally today even though I let them know that they aren't the only ones that I've clued people in on. I'm not sure exactly how this ties in with OC, but since you are apperantly a security guard at the show(and enforcer of the no carry rule) I'll just go with that. Have a nice day, I know I am.

Quote Originally Posted by DamonK View Post
    So you felt so strongly about my trying to help people find supplies that you seek out my boss at the gun show and talk to him about my inappropriate behavior on here? Really? How petty do you have to be to pull something like that?

I was thanked verbally today even though I let them know that they aren't the only ones that I've clued people in on. I'm not sure exactly how this ties in with OC, but since you are apperantly a security guard at the show(and enforcer of the no carry rule) I'll just go with that. Have a nice day, I know I am.

Cheap shot, a real man would have confronted you nose to nose and let you know his displeasure with your actions.

Re: To the member on here that sought out my employer at the Puyallyp gun show...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    Cheap shot, a real man would have confronted you nose to nose and let you know his displeasure with your actions.
    I'm a little frustrated with whoever it was. Apparently it's someone that is in the local firearms community. The owner said that he knew him. I just find it astounding that someone would be so taken aback that they would feel the need to go to my boss and as it's no longer up, having that thread deleted. Talk about having their priorities twisted. They're more concerned with iron clad enforcement of an interpretation of a rule on an online forum than supporting the local firearms community.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by DamonK; 04-30-2013 at 10:24 PM.

Well it wasn't me as I would do it right in front of you.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    Well it wasn't me as I would do it right in front of you.
    And that I can appreciate. Although it wouldn't stop me. I will continue to do my best to let folks know when I've found a deal or know about a price change. Regardless of what store it's at.

And that I can appreciate. Although it wouldn't stop me. I will continue to do my best to let folks know when I've found a deal or know about a price change. Regardless of what store it's at.
    If you really want to offer a service for the general public then setup a Facebook page for the shop and let people like the page and when you post sales or ammo that has come in they are notified, done deal and then you don't need to do the free advertising on the forum which just promotes other items to be advertised.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.

Some people need to get a life, and not be so petty. If every thread on the WA forum got deleted lately there would be nothing to read.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

name redacted or something like that, I've never seen him before, but he called me by my forum name and was yelling at me for violating the no firearms on non members rule.... Which I technically was violating, my dad was setting up his table and me being my evil mischievous self was carrying a closed rifle case containing one rem .35 rifle, I set the rifle on my pas table, zip tied it and then left it there and didn't touch it again and he's yelling at me for "being in control of a firearm" and being generally nasty.... See he didn't see that part though, I was sitting inside the table with the rifle zipped on the table and he's saying I was controlling a firearm I wasn't even looking at but there you go...

There's my snitch candidate

Irrelevant though, since my dad and his friend plan to start regularily doing gun show business ill just get a membership so there's no more problems.... I don't like problems

I should note that Jeff was the name on his badge, I don't know which, if any, names he posts under
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 04-30-2013 at 11:57 PM.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    If you think it was a guard I think I know his name.....

I probably was the guy... I think his name is Jerry L or Jeffrey L or Jeff or something like that, I've never seen him before, but he called me by my forum name and was yelling at me for violating the no firearms on non members rule.... Which I technically was violating, my dad was setting up his table and me being my evil mischievous self was carrying a closed rifle case containing one rem .35 rifle, I set the rifle on my pas table, zip tied it and then left it there and didn't touch it again and he's yelling at me for "being in control of a firearm" and being generally nasty.... See he didn't see that part though, I was sitting inside the table with the rifle zipped on the table and he's saying I was controlling a firearm I wasn't even looking at but there you go...

There's my snitch candidate

Irrelevant though, since my dad and his friend plan to start regularily doing gun show business ill just get a membership so there's no more problems.... I don't like problems
    Sounds like a likely candidate. To be honest, I'm not too terribly concerned about finding out who it was just to get into a fight about it. Most likely if we were to ever meet each other it would be at a show and I'd be on the clock. The point that I'm trying to make is that we as the firearms community as a whole need to learn to not sweat the small stuff and quit causing each other problem just to try and prove that you are personally right about something like this. All you do when you pull self-important crap like this is tear down the bond that we need to have to work together for our common good.

On that note, I'll be making a thread in the Washington section for folks to post whatever info that we as a group can find. It'll be non-store specific, so hopefully no one will feel the need to get butthurt about it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    +1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afbLb8A6oSE

I know Jeff personally and that is not his style to cause drama like that (towards DamonK). There are A LOT of members on here that go to gun shows. If it was really Jeff, then I would be surprised very surprised. Glad to hear that J&S didn't take it too seriously though. I didn't feel you were out of line at all in that thread.
    www.WaGuns.org

Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Some people need to get a life, and not be so petty. If every thread on the WA forum got deleted lately there would be nothing to read.
    +1... no sh$t
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by massivedesign View Post
    I know Jeff personally and that is not his style to cause drama like that (towards DamonK). There are A LOT of members on here that go to gun shows. If it was really Jeff, then I would be surprised very surprised. Glad to hear that J&S didn't take it too seriously though. I didn't feel you were out of line at all in that thread.
    Well regardless, I'm going to edit, I shouldn't have named anyone there since it was more my complaint about an unrelated thing.... Like I said I'm joining WAC next show I attend to avoid future confrontations...
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

I am glad I don't normally go to those shows, otherwise I might have been accused of this action.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

All you do when you pull self-important crap like this is tear down the bond that we need to have to work together for our common good.
    Some people have to act "self-important" because in truth they feel inadequate.

I have a neighbor that's a retired "Pshrink" and we discuss this behavior all the time. Mall Ninja's, Military "posers" (you know, the 30K or so that claimed to have been SEAL's when only 11K have ever worn the Budweiser since the beginning), and wannabe cops, all make for an interesting evening discussion.

Probably got hollered at a lot when kids and now they're "getting even".
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

A bully is a bully. A bully with a firearm is dangerous. The attitude is never checked at the door and they carry their inadequacy's with them at all times.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Re: To the member on here that sought out my employer at the Puyallyp gun show...

Why do we continue to suport a place where there employees / staff behave like that?

I go to the show on very rare occasion and try to suport that group as little as possible, unless there attude improves.

Well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Well regardless, I'm going to edit, I shouldn't have named anyone there since it was more my complaint about an unrelated thing.... Like I said I'm joining WAC next show I attend to avoid future confrontations...
    WAC still wont let you carry as a member untill you are 21!

Remember, in the deleted thread who complained?
    Who, hasent come to this thread, to say, It wasnt me?
    I could bet hes about 35 and portly,,, Hint, He has a tatoo of a Spider on his forearm!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post

I could bet hes about 35 and portly,,, Hint, He has a tatoo of a Spider on his forearm!
    Well, he's welcome to his opinions. But he should learn that he has no business trying to force them on other folks.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

When it comes to difference of opinions, go for it but there is a line that one does not cross and that is when it has to do with another's welfare, it should have never been taken to the employer unless it directly involves them and conducting their business in other words unless it happened at their work.
    If it was a person as has been suggested then when representing a company leave your personal views at home.
    Last edited by BigDave; 05-01-2013 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post

That was my first guess.

Was he walking around yelling, "off-topic! Off-topic!"?
    Too lazy to do a blog! Follow me on Twitter instead! @6ShotScott

Quote Originally Posted by skeith5 View Post
    Was he walking around yelling, "off-topic! Off-topic!"?
    I've seen that WAC ninja!!
    "Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms." Josey Wales

Do you guys eat your young as well?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    Do you guys eat your young as well?
    only medium rare with BBQ sauce and a side of fried potatoes...

yum yum yum....

NRA Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast